: Does anyone know what year these vehicles are??!!

Ralph
01-06-05, 06:12 PM
These were both my Dad's Ford's and I want to know the years if possible.

The tow truck (push truck) I remember as a kid, and I think it's from the 1950's? All I remember on the side it said "Twin I Beam" Suspension?

The panal truck I'm guessing around 1950?? He had that one long before I was around.

klebrun
01-06-05, 06:33 PM
That panel truck looks familiar.

Ralph
01-06-05, 06:43 PM
Yup, used to watch that show too!

Substitute pink for black though....

Adam
01-06-05, 07:31 PM
uh, the first one im guessing late 30s early 40s and the second one maybe the 50s or 60s. other than that, no clue on exact year.

Night Wolf
01-06-05, 09:04 PM
the panel truck is a 1948 (give or take 1 or 2 years)

the pickup is a 1963 F-100

there were a few models of the panel trucks... that closly resembles a '48 though... and I am positive of the pickup :)

Ralph
01-06-05, 09:28 PM
WOW, thanks guys! That narrows it down and I had no real idea about the pick-up, and you know your vintage trucks Rick!

When I was home at Christmas I found all these pics in a trunk we NEVER knew about! The smaller ones are dated 1955 (50 years old) of my Dad when he got his start as a mechanic at 26 years of age. Before that he was a Game Warden, hence the panal truck. The two bigger pics here is a later one of him working on a Pontiac and we think his boss behind the counter. ( both about 1969)

Thanks again! They are going into the family history book. :)

Adam
01-06-05, 10:54 PM
well i can say one thing, he cant deny you. you guys look a lot alike.

Ralph
01-06-05, 11:19 PM
well i can say one thing, he cant deny you. you guys look a lot alike.

Ha Ha, really? Cool. Thanks. :thumbsup:

RBraczyk
01-06-05, 11:43 PM
Wow you do.

Ralph
01-07-05, 03:16 AM
I wonder what kind of car that hood is off of propped up beside him?

Geez, at first I thought, what the hell is a refridgerator doing in a garage!!?? :shhh: :hmm: It looks like a 1950's round fridge. :helpless:

illumina
01-07-05, 03:28 AM
i take it these trucks are no longer around?

they are neat though. i just want to get a hold of a big-bodied '70's car like a '78 ford thunderbird or something.

a history book ralph? we finally get to see the legend of the ralphs!

this outa be interesting... :rolleyes: ;)

Ralph
01-07-05, 03:35 AM
i take it these trucks are no longer around?

Haha. That half-tonne was still running great and NEVER needed repair even up to when he died in 1980. I remember still seeing it parked there until the late 1980's. Anyone that tells me old cars weren't good quality or reliable ought to have their head examined. I think that all the electronic components in cars today really is their weak spot. Simple stuff lasts longer, like Model T's still running around at car shows, etc. These kinds of vehicles can be repaired over generations, and not just until a new computer is obsolete to scan it.

The panal truck is probably in a bush God knows where, or rusted into the ground by now.

I just thought those old pics were interesting. People weren't afraid to get their hands dirty back them. :sneaky:

Elvis
01-07-05, 01:10 PM
I either posted in the wrong place, or else it got lost.

Somewhere up there is a 1963-65 Pontiac Laurentian, only sold in Canada.

Post more, Ralph! Those are great!

Stoneage_Caddy
01-07-05, 01:20 PM
Good stuff ....

Twin I beam ...i dont think they sell anything with that now ...i think the last one with it was the ranger just before y2k .....

It was a great setup tho ...even if it looked odd haviung the left controll arm attached to the right frame rail and the right controll arm attached to the left frame rail

klebrun
01-07-05, 01:46 PM
Nice pics. I always enjoy old pics of gas stations, diners, and movie theaters...especially from the 1940's thru 1970's.

Do you still have his tools and tool storage chest that is in the picture?

Bet he would have enjoyed this...

CoupeDevilleRob
01-07-05, 03:37 PM
The panel truck looks early 50s, the pick up early 60s.

Since we're posting pictures of old Fords, check out my grandfather's 32 V8 5 window coupe.

Ralph
01-07-05, 05:17 PM
CDV Rob, that's cool. Somewhere back home I have a pic of my Dad's first car, a Model A. We had the curved windshield for it until we moved in 1989 and we had a garage sale and some collector bought it for 10 bucks.

Elvis, thanks. I do have a couple more that I could post later...

Klebrun, he would have enjoyed that LOL! I still have some of his wrenches and socket sets, etc. but those were from the 1970's right before the stupid metric system came here in 1977, then everyone had to spend a lot of money on new tools and mechanics couldn't claim them as an expense like a dentist could for their tools, etc.

Stoney, I have no idea about "twin I beam." Isn't everything "Independant suspension" nowadays?

klebrun
01-07-05, 06:09 PM
Ya, I have to keep both SAE and Metric on hand because my cars have both types of nuts/bolts on them. Did your dad have to buy his own tools back then, or did his boss supply them for him?

I like the look of the old gas stations. They all seemed to have a personality all their own.

Ralph
01-07-05, 06:13 PM
Ya, I have to keep both SAE and Metric on hand because my cars have both types of nuts/bolts on them. Did your dad have to buy his own tools back then, or did his boss supply them for him?

I like the look of the old gas stations. They all seemed to have a personality all their own.

By 1977, he was running his own Gulf and the one in the photo was torn down and he moved up the street and had a bigger 3-bay door one built.

Back then they had to buy their own tools.

I've got a couple more pics of that old Gulf with cars out front, etc. Maybe you guys can try to identify all the cars....

Will scan...

Ralph
01-07-05, 06:40 PM
As you requested Elvis.

I bet no one can identify the cars in the garage photo.

I would like to know the approximate year for the Ford Falcon.

Tilden was part of the Gulf station, and I think the plates say 1974?

chuckles_100
01-07-05, 08:57 PM
I wonder what kind of car that hood is off of propped up beside him?

Geez, at first I thought, what the hell is a refridgerator doing in a garage!!?? :shhh: :hmm: It looks like a 1950's round fridge. :helpless:

whats a fridge doin in a garage??? :bighead: hell its to hold the beer! :p

Ralph
01-07-05, 09:04 PM
whats a fridge doin in a garage??? :bighead: hell its to hold the beer! :p

LOL! :p