: A few interesting features of the CUE Update you may have missed...

Yplus
03-19-13, 10:26 AM
You may not notice these if you keep the proximity setting on (I don't it's completely annoying that I have to aim at something that isn't there when I first want to tap it). But if you keep proximity off and always show the whole screen, you'll notice a few things about the icons at the top (icon tray I think ??)

The navigation icon is a compass now, it updates in real time.
The phone icon will show alerts (A red exclamation point I think) if you've missed a call or have a voicemail. Not sure about texts, but that would be pretty cool too.

I haven't noticed any others yet, anyone else?

inspectorudy
03-19-13, 09:19 PM
I haven't looked at the proximity settings since I got my car back but I did notice the compass in the NAV icon. Is there a way to keep the four small icons on the screen at all times? I also noticed that CUTIE has softened her voice a little. She seems to be lees authoritative and edgy.

pkadanec
03-20-13, 10:50 AM
Not sure if this was available or not prior to the update, but it was something that I thought was missing... If you tap the time in the upper right corner, the large analog clock face will display. The only way i could display this was (I thought) was to turn off the audio system completely. Again, I may be incorrect, but i thought this was cool...

UPDATE

I would like to have the option of having the home screen default to the analog clock face instead of the icons. That seems to make more sense.

Yplus
03-20-13, 01:31 PM
I haven't looked at the proximity settings since I got my car back but I did notice the compass in the NAV icon. Is there a way to keep the four small icons on the screen at all times? I also noticed that CUTIE has softened her voice a little. She seems to be lees authoritative and edgy.

Yes in settings you can disable the proximity sensing. Then everything is shown on the screen at all times, including the top icons.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-20-13, 04:29 PM
Yplus, thanks for kicking off this thread! I'll continue to document everyone's CUE feedback so for the appropriate GM teams to review. And if you all have questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to contact the Infotainment Customer Support Group at 855-428-3669. Agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

CDN XTS
03-20-13, 11:35 PM
Not sure if this was available or not prior to the update, but it was something that I thought was missing... If you tap the time in the upper right corner, the large analog clock face will display. The only way i could display this was (I thought) was to turn off the audio system completely. Again, I may be incorrect, but i thought this was cool... The "compass" in the Nav icon was already available when I received my Platinum XTS (built Jan 10/13) with the at that time Software version 23124332

Chris Shillinger
03-22-13, 05:09 PM
The changes I have noticed include:

Nav Icon is now a compass in real-time
Climate Icon changed to Snowflake
The system is much faster and no longer lags.
The haptic feedback has been reduced to a less shocking pulse.
CUE's voice is softer with fluctuations, no longer monotone.
Maps are updated on Navigation.
You no longer have to cycle thru media that isn't connected such as SD Card and AUX. It skips the unused ports. AND....

There is now Siri Pass thru, given you still have to press the home button on your iPhone. HUGE Advantage!!! Now you can ask Siri to read you your messages and she will read your unread text messages thru CUE and then you may reply to them via voice!
Secret for those of you who purchased CUE without Nav: Use Google Maps or whatever Turn-by-Turn directions you prefer on your smartphone and use Bluetooth to have the audio stream thru CUE.

Enjoy these awesome features!

Yplus
03-25-13, 10:30 AM
Siri was the biggest change for me. I was absolutely lost without it. I was using it on much cheaper vehicle before moving up to the Caddy so I felt a bit ripped. But it's here now and I am overjoyed. Total nirvana would be AirPlay mirroring of the iPhone screen onto CUE with ability to use the CUE touch screen to control the iPhone. I don't think the touch support even exists for AirPlay, but one can dream... :)

caitlex
03-25-13, 05:16 PM
Wow! Leaving my laptop now to run our to my car to try the Siri with the messages (just got home from my update)........

Chris Shillinger
03-25-13, 05:20 PM
Let us know how it works for you!

caitlex
03-25-13, 05:29 PM
Very cool indeed! Granted it wasn't the most accurate but my Siri never is. HA HA

Chris Shillinger
03-25-13, 06:02 PM
Any sound coming from a Bluetooth device will play thru Bluetooth. All notifications, navigation, messages, etc.