: reluctor wheels.

boomys10
03-18-13, 07:03 PM
does our car share a reluctor wheel with any of the LS based engines? i have found plenty of info on the ls's but cant find shit on ours.

TimmyC
03-18-13, 09:25 PM
Not really. What are you trying to do?

boomys10
03-18-13, 11:47 PM
Secret.. lol. But im thinking you can figure it out pretty easily.

1madstsv
03-18-13, 11:59 PM
Just buy a Ctsv it's cheaper than doing what I think your trying to do.

AriGold.
03-19-13, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't do anything else to your car.

TimmyC
03-19-13, 01:38 AM
I have a good idea what you want to do and did some research on that before I bought a V. Honestly I'd leave it the way it is. There would be much fab and tinkering to get it to work.

boomys10
03-19-13, 09:09 AM
Damnit.. still thinking about it though. Lol

----------

And the ctsv are junk inside.. not what youd expect from a cadillac imo

1madstsv
03-19-13, 03:15 PM
Damnit.. still thinking about it though. Lol

----------

And the ctsv are junk inside.. not what youd expect from a cadillac imo

I know that's why I got another Stsv

boomys10
03-19-13, 08:34 PM
thats the issue, i would almost rather spend the 30k difference and do i wanna do to mine, including single peice driveshaft, new tranny and rear end/axles then buy a ctsv.. thats kinda sad honestly.

1madstsv
03-19-13, 09:23 PM
Just get rid of the suppercharger and turbo it.then you would have more hp than most Ctsv.

Fierofiend
03-19-13, 09:35 PM
Reluctor wheels are easy to have made...

boomys10
03-20-13, 11:04 AM
i am actually looking into a different route with the 4.4. seeing if putting a procharger on it is possible and looking into if anyone will make forged internals for it this week. i know the procharger will fit and since we alrdy have an 8rib crank it wouldnt be hard connecting it. only two issues are the mount that needs to be made adn the piping from unit to intercooler and from intercooler to intake. shouldnt be to bad though. fingers crossed it it will work out. internals will be done first though, so ill keep updates on that if i hear any good news.

TimmyC
03-20-13, 01:54 PM
i am actually looking into a different route with the 4.4. seeing if putting a procharger on it is possible and looking into if anyone will make forged internals for it this week. i know the procharger will fit and since we alrdy have an 8rib crank it wouldnt be hard connecting it. only two issues are the mount that needs to be made adn the piping from unit to intercooler and from intercooler to intake. shouldnt be to bad though. fingers crossed it it will work out. internals will be done first though, so ill keep updates on that if i hear any good news.

The cranks are forged already and have been known to survive over 1000hp so all you'd need are rods and pistons. Pistons will be easy, lots of companies do customs. I'm not sure about rods.

Any reason you want a procharger over something like a whipple or kenne bell? Either way would be cool.

boomys10
03-20-13, 03:30 PM
honestly the sound, plus i have seen first hand the HP difference between em and the procharger always seem to use less boost and put dwon WAY more power. but really comes down to a sound thing, cant beat the procharger for sound. lol

TimmyC
03-20-13, 06:11 PM
Both are good points. Centrifugal compressors are more efficient that twin screws. Twin screws produce more bottom end power though and they are easier to package.

I think building charge pipes for your Procharger will be the easiest part of the project. I can do it for you if you want to come back up here.

boomys10
03-21-13, 09:56 AM
I have to get everything else sorted first. The mounting will b the hardest part.