: Boost Gauge - Katie?

bravnik
03-18-13, 02:16 PM
It would be very nice if we could add a Boost gauge via a CUE update as an option for the instrument panel display. This should not be hard to do as I'm certain the system already talks to the ECU for MPG and such and it would only need to call another PID. Do you think you can make this suggestion? As tuning progresses it would be nice to have a Boost Gauge option as I simply can't see messing up the fine looks of my car by adding a gauge myself.

FDNY-L107
03-18-13, 03:40 PM
Great suggestions and I also made the same request into Katie. I was really surprised there was no boost gauge. There must of been a good reason why they did not include one.

Stevo Supremo
03-18-13, 04:50 PM
YES!! we want a boost gauge!! I dont haz cue though.. but make it available through the cluster screen!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-18-13, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback, bravnik/FDNY-L107/Stevo Supremo! :) I can definitely understand your perspectives on the boost gauge, and I'm going to document this thread URL where the appropriate GM teams can review both the current feedback so far and future suggestions on this thread as well.

As always, if you have any CUE-related questions in the meantime, our Infotainment Customer Support Group is available at 855-428-3669 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

mikesul
03-18-13, 06:04 PM
Bet they have one with the new 420 hp 3.6TT engine announced today.

bravnik
03-18-13, 06:15 PM
Yep you can pretty much count on that! Looks like I already have my next lease planned :)

gfxbt
03-19-13, 03:47 PM
I remember awhile back watching MotorWeek (I think) and they had a segment on the ATS. When the showed the DIC, they flipped through several menus. One was titled "Boost." After seeing this I scoured the internet, the owner's manual etc. and found nothing. My guess is that it was a pre-production car and the "Boost" DIC menu was removed for production. No idea as to why. I agree it would be a much-appreciated feature.