: Rear speaker wiring....CadillacMan?

John P
03-18-13, 02:01 PM
Hi,

Started the wiring on the Escalade today for my new system and was wondering if anyone knew how to get the speaker wire through the rear door grommets with that big plastic connecter in the way? Theres no room for both and i really dont want to leave the original wiring in there for the sake of a few centimeteres.

Thanks

the cadillac man
03-18-13, 02:13 PM
Hi,

Started the wiring on the Escalade today for my new system and was wondering if anyone knew how to get the speaker wire through the rear door grommets with that big plastic connecter in the way? Theres no room for both and i really dont want to leave the original wiring in there for the sake of a few centimeteres.

Thanks

I had to cut holes in the rubber grommets when I did both my front speakers(I also sliced my thumb open so be careful as it is tough to cut due to the tight work area) the grommets can be removed at each end to give a little extra work area
I didn't deal with the rear doors with running wires as I am using the stock amp to power my speakers but the above advice still applies to them
(FYI a cut thumb sucks and hurts as it can hamper your work)

John P
03-18-13, 02:19 PM
I'll try get a picture just so you can see what its like Evan. It looks a nightmare, its not just a grommit at the rear doors, Its a connecter that fills the whole gap between the grommit and the door structure. I'll take a pic tomorrow and show you it buddy, Looks hellish.

the cadillac man
03-18-13, 02:42 PM
I'll try get a picture just so you can see what its like Evan. It looks a nightmare, its not just a grommit at the rear doors, Its a connecter that fills the whole gap between the grommit and the door structure. I'll take a pic tomorrow and show you it buddy, Looks hellish.

Ok if you want you can email me at general0282001@yahoo.com as I can check my email on my phone