: 2014 CTS gets twin turbo V6

C "T" ess
03-18-13, 01:31 PM
According to today's Autoweek magazine confirms The redesigned 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan that goes on sale this fall will have a 420-hp twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 as an option, General Motors said Monday. The redesigned CTS will be unveiled later this month at the New York auto show.

The intercooled, direct-injection, all-aluminum engine will be mated to a new eight-speed automatic transmission that has the capability to skip one or more gears during shifting for performance or better fuel economy. The transmission also includes paddle shifters on the steering wheel for manual control.

The twin-turbo V6 makes its peak horsepower at 5,750 rpm and reaches peak torque of 430 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm. In the new CTS the engine will be rated at 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, running on required premium fuel. It will be available only in a rear-wheel-drive layout.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130318

tinman
03-18-13, 01:38 PM
I was just about to start a new thread, CTess, but you beat me to it.
I sure am looking forward to seeing and driving one of these puppies. I also read in Car and Driver today that this is for the V, not the regular CTS. To be continued.

The 2014 Cadillac CTS will be offered with a twin-turbo V6 rated at 420 hp.

By: Dale Jewett on 3/18/2013
Related Articles

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo Premium drive review
Cadillac CTS gets limited-edition colors ahead of redesign
Redesigned Cadillac CTS to debut at New York auto show
2013 Cadillac XTS Premium Collection review notes
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe review notes
GET YOUR FREE CREDIT SCORE
ADVERTISEMENT
The redesigned 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan that goes on sale this fall will have a 420-hp twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 as an option, General Motors said Monday. The redesigned CTS will be unveiled later this month at the New York auto show.

The intercooled, direct-injection, all-aluminum engine will be mated to a new eight-speed automatic transmission that has the capability to skip one or more gears during shifting for performance or better fuel economy. The transmission also includes paddle shifters on the steering wheel for manual control.

The twin-turbo V6 makes its peak horsepower at 5,750 rpm and reaches peak torque of 430 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm. In the new CTS the engine will be rated at 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, running on required premium fuel. It will be available only in a rear-wheel-drive layout.

The twin-turbo V6 will also be an option on the 2014 Cadillac XTS sedan this fall. The XTS is equipped with front-drive or all-wheel drive.

Cadillac says the twin-turbo V6 will propel the redesigned, larger CTS sedan from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds. With the engine, the new CTS will have a top speed of 170 mph.

The twin-turbo V6 is the most powerful of three engines announced for the redesigned CTS. The engine lineup also includes a naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, rated at 321 hp at 6,800 rpm and 275 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm; and a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder, rated at 272 hp at 5,500 rpm and 295 lb-ft at 1,700 rpm.

The turbocharged four and naturally aspirated V6 will be offered in rear-drive or all-wheel-drive configurations, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.

All three engines for the new CTS use aluminum blocks and cylinder heads, direct fuel injection, variable valve timing, dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder. The turbo four can run on regular unleaded gasoline but premium is recommended, while the naturally aspirated V6 is set up for regular unleaded or E85.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130318/newyork/130319812#ixzz2NuU8qVsK
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

gohawks63
03-18-13, 02:10 PM
I was just about to start a new thread, CTess, but you beat me to it.
I sure am looking forward to seeing and driving one of these puppies. I also read in Car and Driver today that this is for the V, not the regular CTS. To be continued.

The 2014 Cadillac CTS will be offered with a twin-turbo V6 rated at 420 hp.

By: Dale Jewett on 3/18/2013
Related Articles

2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0L Turbo Premium drive review
Cadillac CTS gets limited-edition colors ahead of redesign
Redesigned Cadillac CTS to debut at New York auto show
2013 Cadillac XTS Premium Collection review notes
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe review notes
GET YOUR FREE CREDIT SCORE
ADVERTISEMENT
The redesigned 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan that goes on sale this fall will have a 420-hp twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 as an option, General Motors said Monday. The redesigned CTS will be unveiled later this month at the New York auto show.

The twin-turbo V6 will also be an option on the 2014 Cadillac XTS sedan this fall. The XTS is equipped with front-drive or all-wheel drive.

Cadillac says the twin-turbo V6 will propel the redesigned, larger CTS sedan from 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds. With the engine, the new CTS will have a top speed of 170 mph.

The twin-turbo V6 is the most powerful of three engines announced for the redesigned CTS. The engine lineup also includes a naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, rated at 321 hp at 6,800 rpm and 275 lb-ft of torque at 4,800 rpm; and a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder, rated at 272 hp at 5,500 rpm and 295 lb-ft at 1,700 rpm.

The turbocharged four and naturally aspirated V6 will be offered in rear-drive or all-wheel-drive configurations, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.

All three engines for the new CTS use aluminum blocks and cylinder heads, direct fuel injection, variable valve timing, dual overhead camshafts and four valves per cylinder. The turbo four can run on regular unleaded gasoline but premium is recommended, while the naturally aspirated V6 is set up for regular unleaded or E85.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130318/newyork/130319812#ixzz2NuU8qVsK
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook

See the thread I posted with the article from the Detroit Free Press. In that article they state that the TTV6 will not replace the CTS-V.

CTSCHICK
03-18-13, 02:18 PM
Yeh hopefully that is for the CTS because that would be a down grade in power if it is only for the CTSV

RippyPartsDept
03-18-13, 02:28 PM
newbot beat everyone to it ... there's like 6 threads in 6 forums all talking about news posted by the newbot in the news forum

meh, whatever

Harry_Wild
04-05-13, 02:50 PM
LOL!

"The twin-turbo V6 makes its peak horsepower at 5,750 rpm and reaches peak torque of 430 lb-ft at 3,500 rpm. In the new CTS the engine will be rated at 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, running on required premium fuel. It will be available only in a rear-wheel-drive layout."

"The twin-turbo V6 will also be an option on the 2014 Cadillac XTS sedan this fall. The XTS is equipped with front-drive or all-wheel drive."

If it comes to reality that the XTS will be available with a twin-turbo V6 AWD and CTS will only have RWD; then Cadillac just shot it self in the foot and lot of winter drivers will just go and buy the competitor's models that have AWD in them. XTS will of course take some of the buyers from the CTS too since I would consider a XTS with twin-turbo V6 AWD myself.