: 2014 Cadillac CTS Gets Twin-Turbo V6

AutoGuide.com
03-18-13, 01:28 PM

The 2014 Cadillac CTS will be fully uncovered at the 2013 New York Auto Show, but today the brand divulged the three engine options that will reside under the hood.

At the top of the range, a twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 good for 420 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque will be available. A naturally aspirated version of that 3.6L V6 engine rated at 321 hp will also be available, as well as a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine rated at an estimated 272 horsepower.

To read more on the 2014 Cadillac CTS, visit AutoGuide.com. (http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/03/2014-cadillac-cts-gets-420-hp-twin-turbo-v6.html)

HurstGN
03-20-13, 01:55 PM
Nice as this is, I'll bet labor goes through the roof to work on it. It's so compact to fit between the strut towers and under the hood....oh how the warranty will be needed in case anything is wrong. But that said, I can't wait to see it hit the road.

Stoneybroke
03-20-13, 04:52 PM
Not avail in the awd. Deal killer for me.

like2drive
03-20-13, 06:35 PM
Not avail in the awd. Deal killer for me.

Same here!

arw1510
03-20-13, 06:51 PM
edited

00 ss
03-20-13, 07:26 PM
I agree, not being available in the AWD sucks. However, I think I understand the decision. It would probably grenade the T-case and front drive system pretty quickly.

Hopefully the next generation car will be lighter than the old one and the 3.6 DI will be a solid performer. Since the new one will be based on the ATS platform, which is much lighter than the current CTS platform, my hope may not be unreasonable.

like2drive
03-20-13, 08:06 PM
Some of you might know already (I don't), but I suppose that with the Twin-turbo 3.6L, the new CTS might be equipped with summer tires and the sportier suspension - similar as to what they did with the 2nd gen CTS...

arw1510
03-21-13, 02:52 PM
I think that eventually it will be offered with the awd, probably by the time gm/ford come out with their own 8 speeds that will replace the japanese one and then pair their own with a good transfer case.

----------

I wonder how long until a variant of this one makes it way into chevy and gm pickups the same way ford did with their "ecoboost" tt v6. Im assuming that one would probably be rated at less hp than what gets put into the Cadillac. But I definitely don't see this going into an escalade. If they do eventually come out with a suv in between the current SRX and the Escalade I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3.6 di, and the 3.6 TT offered in something like that. But realistically, I think were gonna see it in the chevy/gm pickups also

Ramv
03-21-13, 06:56 PM
I think that eventually it will be offered with the awd, probably by the time gm/ford come out with their own 8 speeds that will replace the japanese one and then pair their own with a good transfer case.

----------

I wonder how long until a variant of this one makes it way into chevy and gm pickups the same way ford did with their "ecoboost" tt v6. Im assuming that one would probably be rated at less hp than what gets put into the Cadillac. But I definitely don't see this going into an escalade. If they do eventually come out with a suv in between the current SRX and the Escalade I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3.6 di, and the 3.6 TT offered in something like that. But realistically, I think were gonna see it in the chevy/gm pickups also

They did bring out an all new 4.3l for 2014, so I would suspect the trucks won't get 3.6L DI. Maybe the turbo though? Definitely think the 3.6 in the CTS lacks low end grunt for a pickup.

next2pool
03-23-13, 12:48 AM
They did bring out an all new 4.3l for 2014, so I would suspect the trucks won't get 3.6L DI. Maybe the turbo though? Definitely think the 3.6 in the CTS lacks low end grunt for a pickup. The truck 4.3 missed 2 generations of updates and will now become a powerhouse. The 3.6 is not suited for heavy duty full size truck usage.

arw1510
03-23-13, 09:49 AM
didnt even realize they came out with the 4.3 for the trucks, so I guess that answers my question. i just thought that the twin turbo would make its way into a bunch of other cars as the performance engine, or into a pickup like ford did with theirs

Harry_Wild
04-04-13, 05:57 AM
Title should of read: CTS - V gets Gets Twin-Turbo V6 with RWD only!