: Controlling music on Radio from iPhone 4S

amklinck
03-18-13, 11:37 AM
Hi Everyone -
I'm having problems in managing my music (searching songs, playlists, etc) directly on the vehicle's radio. I know I should be able to do this, but have to continually manage the music through my iPhone 4S. I have a 2012 SRX Premium with the standard radio (no Navigation). My phone's software is up-to-date. Music plays when plugged in through the Aux In, but not when the USB is connected.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have tried other Apple devices (iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPod Nano - new generation, iPod Touch, etc) and they all act the same way. Any ideas for assistance?
Thanks!
Andy

RippyPartsDept
03-18-13, 11:55 AM
i'd have your dealer check to make sure there aren't any software updates for your radio/infotainment system
same reason you check to make sure your phone is up to date

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-18-13, 01:29 PM
Hi Andy! I'm in line with Rippy's thinking -- consulting with your dealership is a great next step. And if you would like further assistance along the way, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

amklinck
03-18-13, 02:45 PM
Thank you both for the responses! I put this out here to see if others have expereienced a similar issue.

It actually didn't work the day I picked the vehicle up and my dealer (and my salesman in particular) has been great in trying to and resolve the issue. We've tried different cables (at least 6), other non-Apple devices, and there doesn't seem to be any combination that allows me to do get it to work. It works if I stream it through BlueTooth, but I don't want to have to do that 100% of the time. The dealership has been good in supplying other documentation for me to try at home with my device, but none of it has worked.

I had the vehicle back at the dealership two times and tonight will be the third. They say everything appears to be operating normally, but I have yet to be able to get it to work correctly, as described in the owner's manual.

RippyPartsDept
03-18-13, 03:55 PM
"everything appears to be operating normally"
except for this
seems a bit backwards to say it's operating normally (or appears to be) when it clearly is not operating normally