: First time Cadillac Owner :)

pbpancakes
03-17-13, 01:29 PM
After doing alot of research and shopping around I finally made the plunge 2 weeks ago and buy a 2010 Cadillac SRX Performance. I love it! I did find a minor issue however concerning the radio. After some forum searches, it seems to be kinda prevalent. I have the much talked about radio issue, where the time resets, nav defaults to washington DC, last radio selection isn't saved (i.e. last listened to HD music, but starts up on FM). The SRX is at 69,000 miles so my bumper to bumper is no longer covered, but do I have any protections concerning this? I bought it from a dealer out of state, so I talk with them about it, so I'm forced to go to an unfamiliar dealer in town.

Also, is there a way to see if I have any open recalls on it?

Thanks!

TheCaptain
03-17-13, 01:45 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! If you PM Katie (Cadillac Customer Service, she'll pipe in tomorrow most likely) she should be able to help you on the recalls. As far as the radio outside of warranty, you don't have any free fix its unless you purchased an extended warranty from the dealer you bought it from. Everything else will be out of pocket, unless its drivetrain related.

davedogcaddy
03-17-13, 01:45 PM
as far as I know there was never a recall issued for this issue (just some TSBs). I think official recalls are only issued for safety related defects anyway. Since this is such a well documented issue, would be interesting to hear if Cadillac would be willing to do anything to resolve it for you. Keep us updated!

TheCaptain
03-17-13, 01:49 PM
As far as I remember, there was only one recall so far. The power steering line on 2010's needed to be guarded or moved in order for it not to fail.

Black SRX Perf
03-18-13, 07:39 AM
Had the same problems you described on my 2010 Perf. I have owned the car since new. Last week, the dealer did a software update and that seems to have resolved the issues. However, the Service Adviser did say, that in some cases, the update does not remedy the problem and the radio has to be replaced.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-18-13, 10:50 AM
Thanks, TheCaptain! Indeed, I don't typically work during the weekend and am catching up with forum updates this morning.

Pbpancakes, please do let me know if you would like me to check for recalls and explore your concerns further. I'm available via private message or via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

pbpancakes
03-18-13, 07:28 PM
Thanks Guys! I just sent Katie a PM. I will be taking it to the dealer soon to update the software. Unfortunately I didn't get the extended warranty, so I'm hoping the update resolves the issue. Outside of that minor annoyance, I love it so far. My friends are envious too :)