: Calipers Repainted in Maryland?

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-17-13, 01:16 PM
I have a Red '11 Vagon, with the silver CTS-V logo'd calipers. They tend to blend in with the colors of the polished aluminum wheels and the discs, so I'd like something that stands out a bit more. I'm thinking of yellow or red, as black everything on these CTS-V has become almost common place now (did my '09 White Sedan in blacked out grille, trim, wheels, etc.). Can someone recommend a place in Maryland between DC and Baltimore that could do the work? I want to keep the CTS-V logo as well with the new color of the calipers. Thanks!

dr.duct_mossburg
03-22-13, 11:29 PM
Prestige auto in Annapolis.

http://www.prestigeannapolis.com/

They deal in mostly just highend's and exotics.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-23-13, 11:11 AM
And high end prices to match? I would like to calipers repainted but don't want to pay a small fortune for something like that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

MSOsr
03-23-13, 11:58 AM
Buy 2 orders of G2 paint and have a local tire company paint your calipers. Have them remove the wheels, unbolt the caliper (so they can get all around it). I had mine done in yellow and they kept the lines silver and the gaskets and bolts black. I had them put Brembo decals on rather than the V emblem.

Mike

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-23-13, 10:28 PM
That looks nice. Didn't know a tire company would paint brake calipers, though? Do you mean like a Merchants or NTW?

dr.duct_mossburg
03-25-13, 09:06 PM
I dont know their prices on this. Nothing outside the norm. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want something that is good, even, done properly than you have to pay what the service is worth.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-27-13, 07:47 AM
I dont know their prices on this. Nothing outside the norm. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want something that is good, even, done properly than you have to pay what the service is worth.
Very true a lot of times. However, having owned a GT-R before, I've been subjected to inflated prices for related products and services, all due to the explanation, "After all, it's a GT-R".

ptrd
03-28-13, 12:43 PM
Interesting in doing this as well but obviously not in Maryland. I guess I should call around some paint shops to see if they will do this?

USAFRET
03-29-13, 10:17 AM
Buy 2 orders of G2 paint and have a local tire company paint your calipers. Have them remove the wheels, unbolt the caliper (so they can get all around it). I had mine done in yellow and they kept the lines silver and the gaskets and bolts black. I had them put Brembo decals on rather than the V emblem.

Mike

Where did you get the BREMBO decals?

MSOsr
03-29-13, 12:44 PM
I think Xenonmods.com. They have several different sizes, so I got slightly larger ones for the front calipers. Just Google "caliper decals" and you'll find a bunch of sellers.

Mike