: squeak I can't find

jjtwomey
03-16-13, 07:03 PM
Every bump or crack in the road I hit makes a squeak. It's behind the drivers seat, I have an 02 ext so any other truck I'd say it was the bed mounts but could it be the rear Window folding section rattling? Anybody else have this problem? How can I resolve it, it's driving me nuts!

the cadillac man
03-16-13, 10:26 PM
Every bump or crack in the road I hit makes a squeak. It's behind the drivers seat, I have an 02 ext so any other truck I'd say it was the bed mounts but could it be the rear Window folding section rattling? Anybody else have this problem? How can I resolve it, it's driving me nuts!

Where is your jack and tools(they can rattle if loose)

jjtwomey
03-17-13, 11:30 AM
Where is your jack and tools(they can rattle if loose)

I thought that could have been it but I have them locked in tight, it's like high pitch sounds more like rubber rubbing vs a metallic tone.

TLMC
03-18-13, 09:00 PM
Check the interior trim panel on the door, if has been off it is not seated properly.

jjtwomey
03-18-13, 09:11 PM
Check the interior trim panel on the door, if has been off it is not seated properly.

I'll give it a shot thanks

CaddyEscalade
03-23-13, 12:47 AM
I am constantly trying to find squeaks and rattles and clicks in my truck so I can sympathize, as it gets to the point where it is all you can hear. I haven't experienced anything like this in an EXT, but the regular lade can develop squeaks in the middle row headrests, I had to spray WD40 down inside the seat to make it go away. I doubt this is the case on an EXT, but maybe worth a try?

the cadillac man
03-23-13, 02:53 AM
I am constantly trying to find squeaks and rattles and clicks in my truck so I can sympathize, as it gets to the point where it is all you can hear. I haven't experienced anything like this in an EXT, but the regular lade can develop squeaks in the middle row headrests, I had to spray WD40 down inside the seat to make it go away. I doubt this is the case on an EXT, but maybe worth a try?

Your post reminded me I have noticed a squeak in the rear of my moms 02(have yet to have the same squeak in my 03) I will be checking the second row headrests as both are the regular lade(and squeaks SUCK)

jjtwomey
03-23-13, 01:15 PM

That would be insane if that's all it was! Good idea

jjtwomey
03-24-13, 06:15 PM
That wasn't it it sound more like body panels is there a mount for the truck bed despite it looking like one piece?

the cadillac man
03-24-13, 06:47 PM
That wasn't it it sound more like body panels is there a mount for the truck bed despite it looking like one piece?

Yes there is mounts for the bed