: Hid ballast al bosch 1307329115

SNIPEREAGLE177
03-16-13, 01:22 PM
Team,

I blew a ballast on my DTS and have a place to be tonight and will need to drive during night time. In Louisville KY there are no open dealers during the weekend and I have exhausted all options to purchase one today. My ballast blew due to open headlight enclosure that allowed rain water into the assembly that I presumed shorted the ballast. Has anyone ever been able to repair the ballast?

Thanks all help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

MoistCabbage
03-16-13, 01:42 PM
How do you know it's not the bulb/igniter?

BlueAngel#07
03-16-13, 01:54 PM
Team,

I blew a ballast on my DTS and have a place to be tonight and will need to drive during night time. In Louisville KY there are no open dealers during the weekend and I have exhausted all options to purchase one today. My ballast blew due to open headlight enclosure that allowed rain water into the assembly that I presumed shorted the ballast. Has anyone ever been able to repair the ballast?

Thanks all help and feedback is greatly appreciated. I have replaced a couple of them in the past. They are NOT cheap, dealer will set you back abit over $3 bills ($300) not counting labor, which if I remember was 1.25 hours to drop the bumper cover, depending on your dealers rates about the price. My shop charged me $133.00 to put it in. tip, replace all of your bulbs why you have the cover off, save yourself from having to pull the cover later.

SNIPEREAGLE177
03-16-13, 02:10 PM
I switched the ballast from the left (good side) to the right (bad side) light lite up perfectly. This is the only thing visibly wrong with the board of the ballast

grullon10
03-16-13, 05:05 PM
Used the fog light with one of the light working it should be find until you could get a ballast. Do what I did go to ebay buy the ballast or the entire headlight alot cheaper. Remenber these cars used 2 different ballast with the part # you could find it veryeasy.

----------

I didn't notice the part # it is same as mine. They are price around $100 on ebay good lk.

ogbuehi
03-17-13, 08:46 AM
As an instrumentation technician, I can tell you that repairing an hid ballast will be extremely difficult. Especially if you aren't experienced or have the tools and parts AND schematics necessary to do it already. That circuit board has surface mounted components which make it very difficult to remove and replace them. For the trouble, you're better off trying to deal with it and buy a new one. The industry has moved to a system that would require you to change the entire part rather than repair it.

SNIPEREAGLE177
03-18-13, 07:56 PM
Thanks guys, used my fog lamps for the time being. One HID is more than enough to lite up the road ahead.

BlueAngel#07
03-19-13, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys, used my fog lamps for the time being. One HID is more than enough to lite up the road ahead.
crappy thing is ..Gm had this problem with 06 and 07's. I had to replace the drivers side ballast on both years. in fact everyone that I have seen in the past is either the drivers side or both, there should have been a recall if you ask me. Not to get off subject.. Sorry....had a flashback.:rant2:

SNIPEREAGLE177
03-21-13, 09:33 PM
Thanks blueangel#07, i can say mine failed due to water entering from the top part. Apparently the headlight assembly was forcefully removed without removing the fender bolt. The housing cracked and left an opening big enough for water to enter and short the ballast. Fixed now thanks to ebay.