: Cup Holders 2013 XTS Premium FWD

marathonman89
03-16-13, 01:15 PM
Hello,

Until I had the March C.U.E. update done (twice) last week my Cup Holders were used to hold my cell phone and a 16oz bottle of water respectively.

Of course, they still do. However, when I remove either they are "ice cold". In fact the water bottle is chilled as are bother sides of the console.

Called my dealer and Cadillac Customer Service, no one has a clue and of course they will get back to me.

Just wondering if any body else has experienced this phenomenon?

Thanks,

Pete

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-18-13, 01:07 PM
Marathonman89, I'm sorry you've been experiencing this lingering concern. I'll be sure to document your comment where the proper GM teams can review it. And if you would ever like me to look into your case with our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center, please let me know. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

reciprocity
03-20-13, 06:17 PM
Have you started running the a/c more (and/or did someone change the rear seat temperature settings)? I believe the ducts for the rear a/c go right through the console.

marathonman89
03-20-13, 07:26 PM
Original poster here:

Car went back to the dealership today and returned with all back to normal.

It seems that parts of the C.U.E. update required access to the center stack and the console. The air conditioning hose that feeds the back air conditioning vents was partially dislodged causing the frigid air to collect in the console and chill everything therein. I guess if I lived up north and not in south Florida everything in the cup holders would have been hot.

Actually this could be a major addition to they climate control system. Heated and cooled seats. Heated Steering Wheel. Why not heated and chilled or heated Cup holders? I'm sure some of you will think of reasons not to do this, but really, perhaps this is something for Cadillac to think about. Just a thought.

Best to all,

Pete

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-21-13, 03:02 PM
Pete, thanks for keeping the thread up-to-date on your progress! I'm glad to see your XTS is operating to your satisfaction again, and I appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to document your suggestions in a place where the appropriate GM teams can review it, and please email me anytime in the meantime for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

karlk
03-22-13, 03:20 AM
Why not heated and chilled or heated Cup holders? I'm sure some of you will think of reasons not to do this, but really, perhaps this is something for Cadillac to think about. Just a thought.

Best to all,

Pete[/QUOTE]

Chrysler has heated & cooled cup holders.

marathonman89
03-22-13, 11:23 AM
Thanks, good to know.

rjm
03-22-13, 06:49 PM
Escalade Platinum has had them for years.

I complained when they weren't offered on the DTS & STS Platinums and think they should be offered on the XTS Platinum. Really they should be standard on all the Platinum editions.

Why not heated and chilled or heated Cup holders? I'm sure some of you will think of reasons not to do this, but really, perhaps this is something for Cadillac to think about. Just a thought.

Best to all,

Pete