: Anyone heard of engine failure on daily driven V cars putting out @ 680whp ?

Moparman4444
03-15-13, 02:53 PM
There have been several comments in different threads, discussing the amount of reliable horsepower we can make on (stock Block) daily driver using pump (non E85) gas.

I decided to do a survey to find out how many people if any, have had engine failure putting out @ 680 hp or so on the stock block?

Personally, I havenít heard of anyone having problems with a well-tuned engine package.

What can you add???

wait4me
03-15-13, 03:59 PM
There have been ALOT.

I get emails all the time for people asking for help getting their vehicles fixed after they where told from others that it can be done..

Heck, look at the other forum and people there hint of replacing engines all the time like it is no big deal...

However, even though they do break, it isn't that expensive to fix once it happens..

Moparman4444
03-15-13, 04:36 PM
Jesse
What's the cost for a replacement block with forged internals?

wait4me
03-15-13, 04:59 PM
6500 to 9000 depending on the block you want.

----------

billet rods, forged wiesco pistons with callies forged fancy crank.

Moparman4444
03-15-13, 05:25 PM
Thats about what I thought

topend22
03-16-13, 10:40 AM
6500 to 9000 depending on the block you want.

----------

billet rods, forged wiesco pistons with callies forged fancy crank. is that cost 9500 include installation or is that just the parts?

wait4me
03-18-13, 08:41 AM
Yes. We where doing the lsx 434s for 6500 including install. Cost on the short block alone was 9k when I was giving stuff away at the 6500 installed

V locity
03-19-13, 11:21 PM
There's a lot of discussion about failures on other forum. It's typically related to improper tuning rather than succuming to the extra power.

CADZLA RETURNS
03-20-13, 12:21 AM
There's a lot of discussion about failures on another forum. It's typically related to improper tuning rather than succuming to the extra power.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ Tuning is 90% of the battle. You have to do your research before deciding on a tuner. There are true "tuners" and there are some "guys with laptops". I learned the hard way aka Ed Hutchings.

wait4me
03-20-13, 10:15 AM
There's a lot of discussion about failures on other forum. It's typically related to improper tuning rather than succuming to the extra power.

I don't agree with this on hard part strength. Yes I have seen tunes kill engines, it is usually cracked pistons, or other little things, but with the higher hp issues, a tune don't cause the block to move, or the crank to fail, yet the rod bearings are perfect... Rod failure, but bearings are perfect.. Ect...

There are a lot of things pointing to "THE ENGINE PARTS HAVE A HP LIMIT" That is simple.. If GM thought it needed totally different setup for just 100hp more, wouldn't that make sense???

As for you Cadzilla, Curtis engine failure was never my fault, It was proven that it was not. And even after him spending 35k+ more money somewhere else, he never beat his times from his old engine setup that we built, Nor did he even give the new setup a chance at the track without going the other route. Rumors need to stop about it all. Same with the tuning thing, I still haven't seen anyone go get a tune from somewhere else without changing ANY parts they had at the time and get it retuned and run better times.. And this is a year later.... Heck even people are running slower after getting them retuned and adding parts... :( ohh well, Not like it matters or effects me in any way, but its been over a year now and its getting old...

stl_ls1gto
03-20-13, 10:46 AM
I don't agree with this on hard part strength. Yes I have seen tunes kill engines, it is usually cracked pistons, or other little things, but with the higher hp issues, a tune don't cause the block to move, or the crank to fail, yet the rod bearings are perfect... Rod failure, but bearings are perfect.. Ect...

There are a lot of things pointing to "THE ENGINE PARTS HAVE A HP LIMIT" That is simple.. If GM thought it needed totally different setup for just 100hp more, wouldn't that make sense???

As for you Cadzilla, Curtis engine failure was never my fault, It was proven that it was not. And even after him spending 35k+ more money somewhere else, he never beat his times from his old engine setup that we built, Nor did he even give the new setup a chance at the track without going the other route. Rumors need to stop about it all. Same with the tuning thing, I still haven't seen anyone go get a tune from somewhere else without changing ANY parts they had at the time and get it retuned and run better times.. And this is a year later.... Heck even people are running slower after getting them retuned and adding parts... :( ohh well, Not like it matters or effects me in any way, but its been over a year now and its getting old...

can you empty your pm box....or how else can one get ahold of you about parts