: Cleaner for suede

Chris Cornett
03-15-13, 03:32 PM
Just curious what everyone was using to clean the suede inserts on the seats.

thebigjimsho
03-15-13, 04:26 PM
Water. Maybe add a dot of dishwashing detergent. But water alone shoumd clean up most of the soiled area...

PISNUOFF
03-15-13, 06:08 PM
^^^yeah that.

Manofmetal01
03-15-13, 06:40 PM
I picked up a brush and some cleaner for suede shoes, worked and didnt discolour the inserts...I believe they were the kiwi brand

Chris Cornett
03-15-13, 07:31 PM
I dont have any spots or stains I was just wondering what you guys had used.

joshuajohn1981
03-15-13, 09:10 PM
Nice! I'm glad you started this thread. I have been wondering the same thing. My drivers seat is starting to look a little dirty...

mstrjon32
03-16-13, 03:54 AM
I usually clean off the leather with mild leather cleaner/conditioner, and then with the same damp rag I wipe down the suede. Works well enough, I guess.

V for victory
03-16-13, 05:27 PM
I have used the product "Tough Stuff" available at any local auto store or walmart. It cleans just about overthing, in fact I used it to clean dirty hand prints on my headliner yesterday and it worked perfectly. Spray on, let foam do its magic and then wipe off with a damp clean rag. Love the "Stuff". just don't let it dry on the product int he heat I have heard it has caused some staining once baked in, although I never experienced it myself. cleaned my suede and make it look and smell new, haha I didn't smell the seat that would be weird.....LOL

WarrenMRogers
03-18-13, 03:38 PM
I'm going to have to try tough stuff on my headliner. I don't have much luck with soap and water and I sure do not like rubbing because it starts to fray the material. I'm 6'5" and when I wore a hat yesterday, I noticed it rubbed some black residue into it.

trukk
03-19-13, 02:44 PM
Water. Maybe add a dot of dishwashing detergent. But water alone shoumd clean up most of the soiled area...

You use shoumd to clean your soiled SWADE?

-Chirs ;)

Manofmetal01
03-19-13, 06:13 PM
Its a little known, yet wonderful product!

lollygagger8
03-21-13, 09:49 AM
Soap and water has always got out my jizz stains pretty easily.

Ak Jim
03-22-13, 04:33 AM
Soap and water has always got out my jizz stains pretty easily.

Dude, TMI!!!

trhs75
03-24-13, 04:18 PM
I have always used Griot's interior cleaner. It's great stuff. I have wondered, though, what to use as a leather preservative that is safe to get on the suede.

Manofmetal01
03-24-13, 06:02 PM
I have always used Griot's interior cleaner. It's great stuff. I have wondered, though, what to use as a leather preservative that is safe to get on the suede.

I use meguires on the leather, smells nice and hasnt affected the suede in any way where its gotten on it. I use to use the wipes but find they dry out before i use them all so ive gotten the spray since. But the wipes are handy to have in the car for after those "drives" with a lady friend...;)

Chris Cornett
03-24-13, 11:40 PM
I use meguires on the leather, smells nice and hasnt affected the suede in any way where its gotten on it. I use to use the wipes but find they dry out before i use them all so ive gotten the spray since. But the wipes are handy to have in the car for after those "drives" with a lady friend...;)

Oh my lol!

thebigjimsho
03-26-13, 12:07 PM
You use shoumd to clean your soiled SWADE?

-Chirs ;)

I lol'd...

trhs75
03-26-13, 10:44 PM
I think I need to move to Canada where Manofmedal is!!