: CUE Update in XTS

Bigdogwes
03-15-13, 01:34 AM
I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-15-13, 12:59 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience, Bigdogwes! I'm so pleased you're satisfied with your new CUE performance! If you would like to contact the specialized Infotainment Customer Support team (855-428-3669), their agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

reciprocity
03-15-13, 08:26 PM
Unfortunately, Apple's Eyes Free feature isn't (yet?) supported, even with the CUE update. The rumors were that support would be added with the update. I've found that you can hold the button on the iPhone and activate Siri now, so that's at least a start.

This is really disappointing given the amount of attention GM has drawn to the feature being available in the Chevy Spark.

Katie: Please relay this disappointment to the engineering folks working on CUE. IntelliLink shouldn't offer technology features that CUE won't support.

sku95
03-15-13, 10:28 PM
I got CUE updated three days ago and after suffering 7 months with the system working at 85% capacity, I am delighted with the performance after the update.

My question is ...Has anyone that's received the update figured out how to get the SIRI eyes free feature to work?

What is the cue update?

reciprocity
03-16-13, 08:16 PM
It's a major software update for CUE (Cadillac User Experience), the infotainment system in the XTS. Owners are being notified that the update is freely available by visiting their dealer. They'll get a free loaner car and a gift card as an added bonus for taking the time to have the update installed. It's really improved the speed and capabilities of the system -- a lot faster and more refined. The Siri integration is just not what I'd hoped for, unfortunately.

Cadjiek
03-16-13, 08:27 PM
Who is notifying the owners? I haven't heard a thing from anybody except from this forum. I have had my car since Aug. 2012.

cblove
03-16-13, 11:27 PM
Who is notifying the owners? I haven't heard a thing from anybody except from this forum. I have had my car since Aug. 2012.

Cadjiek,

The letters are going out in phases.

When I called about it, I was scheduled right away.
I had services performed:

12293 cue update
13004 front seat mounted speaker buzz
12265 automatic radio volume increase
12250 product enhancements interior trim.

This is what the letter looks like. It was provided to me as part of the 17 page doc id 3291519 when I asked for the info at my appointment.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/image_zpsabf12eb7.jpg

kipsts
03-17-13, 06:49 PM
Thanks for posting @cblove :cool2:

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-18-13, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately, Apple's Eyes Free feature isn't (yet?) supported, even with the CUE update. The rumors were that support would be added with the update. I've found that you can hold the button on the iPhone and activate Siri now, so that's at least a start.

This is really disappointing given the amount of attention GM has drawn to the feature being available in the Chevy Spark.

Katie: Please relay this disappointment to the engineering folks working on CUE. IntelliLink shouldn't offer technology features that CUE won't support.

I can certainly document your feedback where the appropriate GM teams can view it, reciprocity, and I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. If you would ever like me to document additional feedback or investigate further for you, please don't hesitate to contact me via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Sky95 & Cadjiek, it's great to see forum members assisted you this weekend regarding the CUE update. If either of you have lingering questions on that topic, please do get in touch with the Infotainment Customer Support Group at the hotline number listed in my post above (#2).

Best,

Katie

kipsts
03-21-13, 08:03 PM
Took SilverFox in unexpectedly for the CUE update. We were driving along when all of the sudden the volume started increasing on the radio by itself- all the way to max and there was no way to turn it down. And if you haven't experienced MAX on the 14 speakers several hundred watt system of the Platinum let me tell you it is painful! :shocked: Tried calling OnStar and the phone volume did the same thing. After several attempts to shut the whole CUE system off it finally shut down (it would shut down and then restart all the way up to max). At the same time the hepatic controls started thumping what seemed like the entire CUE system all the way down to the shifter. This continued after the system was shut off and after the car was shut off. Once I got home I called my dealer and he said bring it in. Even though they were quite busy he did arrange a new ATS for me as a loaner. They did seven updates (V2773 SUB 12293 CUE system update, V2719 SUB 12262 Seat Memory control module reprogram, V2745 SUB 12259 Globe Box Function, V2757 SUB 12265 Automatic Radio Volume, V2746 SUB 12250 Interior Trim and a complete CUE system replacement to cure the hepatic control issue) while SilverFox was in.

OnStar by the way called me the day after the initial incident (I had to hang up on them because the volume was so loud) to make sure that I was being taken care of. That was impressive on their part and it was the same individual with whom I had tried to talk to in the car!:hug:

When I picked up SilverFox today they also handed me a $50 Visa card for as a token of appreciation for my loyalty (and because of the update reprogramming I will need to reprogram some of my preferences into the CUE). That was a nice gesture. The dealer, Findlay Cadillac (Henderson Nevada) did an outstanding job as usual. Finally, IMHO driving the new ATS really makes me enjoy the XTS even more :cool2:

10mikeymike
03-23-13, 06:34 PM
What exactly does the CUE update consist of? I thought I read in another post that it requires some disassembly of the center stack. If so, is it safe to assume it's modular unit that essentially snaps together? What are the updates/fixes to the interior trim?

kipsts
03-23-13, 06:46 PM
What exactly does the CUE update consist of? I thought I read in another post that it requires some disassembly of the center stack. If so, is it safe to assume it's modular unit that essentially snaps together? What are the updates/fixes to the interior trim?
I am not sure @10mikeymike. I just know what they indicated they did to SilverFox while it was in. I do notice the improvements in the CUE interface both in terms of the touch sensitivity/responsiveness (much improved), more street names come up in the same area than before, no issues now with volume control, etc. Possibly related to the CUE replacement or not, but it seems like the initial AC air movement is also improved in the AUTO setting FWIW. I am sure Katie or someone else can provide us with details on what each of the seven updates involved.:cool2:

NCHoosier
03-28-13, 09:01 PM
My dealer has had my car for two full days and now says it won't be ready until 2pm tomorrow......my
husband spoke to them today and they said "they were waiting for the radio to come in ". Are they
Actually replacing parts of the system?
I too had the issue with the radio volume going to max on it's own-several times. Thought the car was
Possessed! LOL

kipsts
03-28-13, 09:23 PM
My dealer has had my car for two full days and now says it won't be ready until 2pm tomorrow......my
husband spoke to them today and they said "they were waiting for the radio to come in ". Are they
Actually replacing parts of the system?
I too had the issue with the radio volume going to max on it's own-several times. Thought the car was
Possessed! LOL Yes @NCHoosier, in my case with SilverFox (Platinum XTS) they had to order and replace components of the CUE. It will be well worth the wait. The new improved system not only won't blast your ears off (unless you want it to) but also is much more responsive to touch and more accurate. Hope you experience the same. :cool2:

10mikeymike
03-29-13, 08:41 PM
I'm scheduled to drop my car off on Monday for my CUE update. I asked the dealer when making the appointment if there were hardware replacements as part of the update. He told me that was determined by the VIN. Presumably, it identifies the build date and let's them know if hardware is required of if only a software update is needed. My car was built in mid January so hopefully all I will need is a software update. Personally, I'm hoping they don't have to get into the dash or center stack on my car, but I have assume those components are all modular anyway.

kipsts
03-29-13, 09:02 PM
10mikeymike: SilverFox was one of the first custom Platinum XTS delivered. I got her late July. So perhaps you will only need the software whereas I got both software and hardware. But it really is a great improvement! :cool2:

cblove
03-30-13, 12:02 PM
I checked my invoice on the cue upgrade and I did not see where there were any parts associated with just the cue upgrade. I did see where parts were required for the other service updates.

12250 interior trim
Replace seat track outer covers, secure cup holder, modify windshield defroster grille tabs.
1 Part number: 23123131 F cover
1 Part number: 23123126 F cover

13004 seat speaker screws and bezel
Replace driver and passenger seat speaker screws and bezels
2 Part number: 23124783 F bracket
2 Part number: 23124785 F bracket
8 Part number: 11547038 F bolt

I did find it odd that
12265 Automatic radio volume increase and/or radio control assembly buttons not operating as designed

The description states: radio control assembly replacement Ats-.4 six, xts .9
However parts were 0.00, so no parts were listed

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 12:19 PM
warranty radio and clusters do not get billed to repair orders ... they get paid for on the back end by gm directly to the repair centers that do the actual radio and cluster repairs

so if you have the job line for it then it was done

cblove
03-30-13, 01:40 PM
Everything was NC. I was trying to address the inquiry of if hard parts were part of the cue update.
On the work done to my vehicle the only work on the center stack was the cue volume work.
In the work order, the description indicated a radio control assembly replacement but no parts were referenced. I apologize if my post was unclear or I am confused about your reply.

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 02:00 PM
campaign 12265 is for replacing the CUE hardware (display/control aka center stack) for the volume problem
they have identified the range of VINs that might have that problem

so if that campaign was done then they replaced it
if that campaign was not done then you only got the software update

10mikeymike
03-30-13, 02:01 PM
Cblove, No confusion, I understood your answer. Do you happen to know when your car was built? According to my dealer this is how the determination is made if hardware needs to be replaced.

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 02:05 PM
the determination is done by GM ... GM adds the campaigns to your vehicle in the warranty system and when a dealer pulls up your VIN it shows all the campaigns and if they are open or closed

build date and VIN are correlated so technically your dealer is correct

kipsts
03-30-13, 02:48 PM
Thanks Chris. That comports with what was done to SilverFox. The CUE was replaced and campaign 12265 is noted on my service invoice. Again, SilverFox was one of the first custom ordered Platinums produced. :cool2:

RippyPartsDept
03-30-13, 02:59 PM
Yes, i'm pretty sure that all the early CUE models are getting replaced with that 12265 campaign ... at some point whatever flaw was there was fixed and after that point vehicles won't get the 12265 campaign and just get the software update

cblove
03-30-13, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=10mikeymike;3269093]Cblove, No confusion, I understood your answer. Do you happen to know when your car was built? According to my dealer this is how the determination is made if hardware needs to be replaced.[/]

08/12 is the build date and my car received the 12265 work order.

RippyPartsDept
04-01-13, 11:34 AM
that's a pretty early build date
i would expect it to get the new hardware

Cadjiek
04-01-13, 12:36 PM
Mine is going in on Wednesday the 3rd. Build date is 8/12 also. I'll let you guys know what they did. I have not had any issues with the volume control on mine.

10mikeymike
04-01-13, 06:15 PM
My car is currently at the dealer. I was told that it only required a software update, no hardware replacement. Nevertheless, they are keeping the car overnight as they just started on it in the afternoon and the dealer said the software update can take a while. Does that sound right if they're not replacing anything? Anyway, my car was built in 11/12, not 01/13 as I previously indicated in this post. They did give me a Black on Black ATS Sport with a 3.6L so that's cool! One thing I noticed, it has CUE like my XTS (and many other infotainment similarities), but it doesn't appear to have navigation. When you touch the navigation icon all you get is a compass, no map or street detail. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool and very solid "little" car which I think is a viable competitor for the BMW 3 Series.

RippyPartsDept
04-01-13, 06:23 PM
yup, there are basically two versions of CUE (with and without navigation)

10mikeymike
04-02-13, 07:25 PM
Well, I had my CUE update done yesterday and to be honest, I don't notice that much of a difference. The most obvious are the new icons for the temperature control and the weather icon. As for responsiveness, I really don't find it much different; however, I didn't have a problem with it to begin with. If there's actually more street detail in the navigation / map screen there really isn't a great deal more. In fact, it's barely noticeable. They also performed the memory seat upgrade but again, I don't detect any noticeable difference. Unlike in my Vette and other GM vehicles, I don't get a beep when holding a memory button an the set button simultaneously. Instead, I have to press the set button and then one of the two memory buttons. Holding the set and a memory button simultaneously will not result in a beep. Regardless, my memory seat feature worked before and still does. As for the volume issue, I never had one and still don't. Regardless of the changes / improvements, I got to drive a new ATS 3.6L Sport, received a $50 gift card and a full tank of gas and my CUE system is up to date :)

Cadjiek
04-02-13, 07:38 PM
Mike

Did you notice any improvement in the scrolling. That's one of my problems.. The scrolling up and down is very erratic. The memory seat settings don't always activate either.

----------

Mike

Did you notice any improvement in the scrolling? That's one of my issues. Example: Phone contact list. The up and down is very erratic.

Cadjiek

10mikeymike
04-03-13, 12:08 AM
Cadjiek, I'm not sure. I will scroll through my contacts tomorrow and report back to you.

10mikeymike
04-03-13, 09:21 PM
Cadjiek, I tried scrolling through my contacts today and I found the system to be responsive and work smoothly. One thing I've noticed is that when touching the icons which can be arranged at the top of the screen there seems to be a slight delay before they open the feature selected. Other than that, the system seems to work well, but not in a manner that I would refer to as "remarkably" different than before the CUE update. But then again, I was satisfied with it before the update.

Caddy Daddy.com
04-21-13, 12:11 PM
CUE update problems in my XTS. Seat no longer goes back with the EZ exit programmed or button on door. When you have pandora on and you go to climate control on screen. When you make changes and go back it drops Pandora. Does not do this with XM. Any one else have this going on? DADDA

kipsts
04-21-13, 05:55 PM
CUE update problems in my XTS. Seat no longer goes back with the EZ exit programmed or button on door. When you have pandora on and you go to climate control on screen. When you make changes and go back it drops Pandora. Does not do this with XM. Any one else have this going on? DADDA Sorry I have not experienced similar problems after SilverFox (Platinum) update. I do not use XM however but do use Pandora. :cool2:

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-21-13, 06:21 PM
CUE update problems in my XTS. Seat no longer goes back with the EZ exit programmed or button on door. When you have pandora on and you go to climate control on screen. When you make changes and go back it drops Pandora. Does not do this with XM. Any one else have this going on? DADDA

Hello Caddy Daddy.com,

I am more than happy to further research this concern for you. I will get back with you when I have additional information answering your concerns. For further reference, the CUE Infotainment Customer Support Group can be reached at 855-428-3669, Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.

Caddy Daddy.com
04-22-13, 12:50 PM
Needed to program this. Did not when car was new so thought it was a problem.. Recommended to my dealer a check list before and after the CUE update. At least get the basic settings the customer had before this up date set back to what they were before the update. Makes for a better migration experience. DADDY

----------

Needed to program this. Did not when car was new so thought it was a problem.. Recommended to my dealer a check list before and after the CUE update. At least get the basic settings the customer had before this up date set back to what they were before the update. Makes for a better migration experience. DADDY

The Pandora dropping is still a problem. Also drops Pandora when I make a call and go back to audio. DADDY

RippyPartsDept
04-22-13, 01:15 PM
the dealer is supposed to do a before and after settings check and reset

that is part of the bulletin ... if they didn't do it correctly/completely that is why you had that happen

the only thing that shouldn't be the same is that any bluetooth devices will have to be re-paired
(delete the connection from your device and start a new pairing)

everything else should have been reset back to what you had

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-22-13, 04:50 PM

----------

The Pandora dropping is still a problem. Also drops Pandora when I make a call and go back to audio. DADDY

Hello Caddy Daddy.com,

I reached out to you yesterday on this forum providing the CUE customer support center phone number. Also, did you say you had a CUE update at your local dealership recently? If so, you can discuss your Pandora issue with the service department at your dealership. They will be able to diagnose and fix your issues you are still experiencing. Have a great day rest of your night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.

Caddy Daddy.com
04-22-13, 10:58 PM
Hello Caddy Daddy.com,

I reached out to you yesterday on this forum providing the CUE customer support center phone number. Also, did you say you had a CUE update at your local dealership recently? If so, you can discuss your Pandora issue with the service department at your dealership. They will be able to diagnose and fix your issues you are still experiencing. Have a great day rest of your night.

Sincerely,
Laura M.

Hi Laura,
I was not impressed first time I called. Yes updated at my dealer. FYI forgot to contact me when he was ready to do update. Waited almost 6 weeks from my notice from Cadillac. Don't have much faith of them figuring much out. I will wait to see if this is a CUE programming problem or just me. my dealer is along way for me and just to try and fix this is not on my important list. Thank you for getting back to me. DADDY

330GT
04-23-13, 12:19 PM

I have had the same seat programming issues after the update and after some searching, I found the answer in the manual (2012 First Printing).

1. Went through the procedure on 1-7
2. Then, to Memory Seats on 3-7, 3-9
3. Finally (engine running for access), Vehicle Personalization on 5-44, on to Comfort and Convenience and then Easy Exit Option and made sure that was ON. During the update most of my saved options had been disabled.

Try this first as it may save you a trip to dealer and the "usual answer" that the module needs to be reprogrammed.

Hope this helps.

razordog
04-23-13, 02:32 PM
what is the version number for the most current update?

(just got car - still learning - so be gentle please :) )

kipsts
04-23-13, 02:36 PM
what is the version number for the most current update?

(just got car - still learning - so be gentle please :) ) Welcome to the forum @razordog. Update V2773 SUB 12293-CUE System Update. What did you purchase and how about some pictures of it on the related thread (Got an XTS? Post your pics here!) on this forum? :cool2:

razordog
04-23-13, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the forum @razordog. Update V2773 SUB 12293-CUE System Update. What did you purchase and how about some pictures of it on the related thread on this forum? [http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-xts-forum/264159-got-xts-post-your-pics-here.html] :cool2:

Raven Black XTS Platinum - will post pics :)

kipsts
04-23-13, 02:49 PM
Sharp, looking forward to the pictures. :cool2:

tlanham
04-24-13, 02:06 PM
I had my XTS CUE update two weeks ago and now have more problems than I had before. My major problem is that I used to be able to pick and address from my contact list in my iPhone 4 or iPhone 5 and select it and it would enter it into the navigation system. This doesn't work anymore. I took it back to the dealer the next day and demonstrated it and they said they they would work on it and contact GM. the next day my service advisor called and how the CUE update went. I explained I was already back to the dealer the day before and I was very unhappy and explained the problem. He said he would look into and call back tomorrow. A week latter I a was still waiting for a call. It was suggested by the dealer that I make a complaint on cadillac.com, I did and received a nice letter back and was given an 800 number to call because they wanted to discuss the problem. I talked to Pete in the Infotainment group last Thursday and he said he would call me back the next day, it is a week latter and I still haven't heard back from him. I called my service advisor yesterday and told him he never called back and that another gentleman that I just talked to said to call the service advisor and open a tech case. I made the call and he said he would call back today. I'm still waiting. One of the comments I received in all this exchange was "Is this really important, that it has to be fixed"? This worked just fine before the update not now. I'm disgusted with this type of quality and the lack of response.

tlanham
04-24-13, 03:27 PM
Well the dealer just called back again! Is that a response to this forum? They said delete your phone memory and delete your memory on the CUE. Da you can't do that but I went out and checked it out and there are no such capabilities, and called them back. They said that was incorrect just delete the device from both that was done just to appease them but it doesn't fix the problem Then I reminded them that we tried both of my phones on a brand new XTS in the showroom last week and it didn't work there either. No fix insight!

RippyPartsDept
04-24-13, 04:55 PM
i would talk with the CUE helpline (infotainment division) 855-4CUE-NOW
it sounds like you already talked to them but it will probably bear a better result than your dealer

tlanham
04-24-13, 08:31 PM
I already talked to them! That was Pete who never called back even though he said he would call the next day.

RippyPartsDept
04-25-13, 09:20 AM
yes, i understand that... but keep at them for a solution

maybe pete got fired because his customer service skills weren't up to par ...

razordog
04-25-13, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum @razordog. Update V2773 SUB 12293-CUE System Update. What did you purchase and how about some pictures of it on the related thread (Got an XTS? Post your pics here!) on this forum? :cool2:

OK, now i feel really stupid.

how do i access ver. #

when i go through settings menu >> software info >> i see an 8 digit number (does that translate to the 9 digit format you listed above?)

kipsts
04-25-13, 05:56 PM
@razordog don't feel stupid I don't know how to check the actual version number, I gave you the numbers off of the work order when SilverFox was in for the upgrade. I would presume someone from Caddy could tell you how to find out the version your XTS is running or perhaps Chris (@RippyPartsDept) can answer that. :cool2:

RippyPartsDept
04-25-13, 06:24 PM
i don't know the exact menu structure to follow but the software and nav software versions are in there somewhere

and they should match those numbers that kipsts and others who have had the update

tlanham
04-25-13, 07:26 PM
Here are the software versions after the updated CUE systemSoftware
Grace note
Map

I think you have to be stopped then you go to the Home page, and settings, and vehicle and then scroll down to the bottom and it either says software or versions. That is from memory so it may be incorrect but just look for it and you will come across those menu items.

----------

Update from dealer on my CUE problem for addresses from iPhone today. "They don't know what's wrong but other users are now reporting the same problem!"

RosalieB
04-26-13, 03:19 PM
If picking up an xts '13 with a build date of 10/12, can I expect possible hardware/software problems with the CUE? Does the dealer wait until delivery and then customer experiences problems, brings car in, etc. Or will the dealer do the update (if necessary as per service bulletin) before the customer takes new delivery? I'm getting nervous about picking it up on Monday? Thanks

RippyPartsDept
04-26-13, 04:03 PM
dealers were supposed to do the update to all their lot vehicles first before doing customer cars
if you purchased it new you can probably assume that the update was done
if it was used then maybe

best way to check is to call your dealer and ask them if there are any open campaigns or recalls on you car
they will look up your vin and punch it in the system and if it's not been done it will show up

i know there are a ton of campaigns out right now for interior trim stuff so even if your CUE update was done maybe those weren't

Engelman
05-05-13, 01:28 AM
I got the full tank of gas, a wash, like I always get, a filthy 2013 CTS loaner from Enterprise, which everyone except Entereprise apologized for, BUT NO $50 Visa card. Guess I'll hafta call Gino, my service advisor and ask why.....

It's a major software update for CUE (Cadillac User Experience), the infotainment system in the XTS. Owners are being notified that the update is freely available by visiting their dealer. They'll get a free loaner car and a gift card as an added bonus for taking the time to have the update installed. It's really improved the speed and capabilities of the system -- a lot faster and more refined. The Siri integration is just not what I'd hoped for, unfortunately.

Lassc
05-22-13, 12:52 PM
Engelman, You are lucky. I got nothing from my dealer when the CUE upgrade was accomplished except a thank you for using them!!!! I did not even get informed about the CUE Upgrade if it was not for this forum.