: LS9 OE Supercharger on LS3 headed LS2 in a 07 V

DC Motorsports
03-15-13, 01:15 AM
Your thoughts. Has Anybody on here tried this with the Factory 2011 bracketry and pulley combination on the first gen V? I know the heat exchanger won't bolt up but not really worried about that.

Fixin to pull the trigger on this R&D but figured somebody on here had done it or Tried it and could offer some insight.

Lemme know

I8URSVT
03-24-13, 06:31 PM
curious to see the results

RyRidesMotoX
03-28-13, 01:58 AM
If it does work out that would be damn sweet.

HAMSTAR
03-28-13, 09:57 AM
Paging DMM...

DMM
03-28-13, 07:23 PM
Paging DMM...

Too funny!

I would like to see the outcome as well. I can see a few problems right off the bat...there is not really enough room to run the second belt system between the radiator and the existing accessory drive (thinking about it, you may have to change the entire accessory drive to match also). You could switch to pusher fans and that might get you enough room. Another hurdle is the LS9 snout will have the throttle body in the radiator as well. I don't know if the LSA snout is similar enough to swap onto the LS9, but that is what you would need. You would still have all the HEX, lines, and pump fab work to do as well.

I hate to say it, but I would go with an E-Force like myself, Cutter05, and Jeywar have done. It uses the accessory belt so you don't have to change everything over to the dedicated drive belt setup. All you can use is the E-force head unit, fuel rails, and LS2 belt tensioner kit. Everything else is harder to adapt to our cars than sourcing separately.

If you're bound and determined to use an OE blower, I would use the V2 LSA blower vice an LS9 since you can get one used (much more plentiful and much less $$$) and that would alleviate some of the intake tract issue's. The LSA unit will get you everything you are looking for and more.

If you have the cash and the time I would like to see the outcome as well though!