: How to remove the cup holder

Vanessa mo
03-15-13, 12:24 AM
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to remove the cup holders in my 05 escalade esv? It's the platinum edition which has the hot and cold kind. The switch is stuck on the hot so I'm hoping I can clean it and reinstall and get lucky. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

the cadillac man
03-15-13, 02:17 AM
Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to remove the cup holders in my 05 escalade esv? It's the platinum edition which has the hot and cold kind. The switch is stuck on the hot so I'm hoping I can clean it and reinstall and get lucky. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Be careful while doing this if its your first time
First put the truck in 1(while holding the brake) and lower the steering wheel

Second remove the bezel around the dash(careful but pull firm)

Third remove the trim around the cd changer(don't jerk it out as the clock harness has to be disconnected)

Forth the cupholders should remove with a pull at both side(be careful though as you have the power outlet and heated/cooled cup holder power wires(do this with the center console cubby door open as it gives more room to move the cup holders around)

To install just reverse the steps

jnrsesv
03-15-13, 07:05 AM
Here is a procedure with pics:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/248007-cupholder-door-stays-open-fix-w.html

Vanessa mo
03-16-13, 11:28 PM
Thanks a lot guys! I'll give it a try! God Bless!