: OnStar LED light = RED!

davedogcaddy
03-14-13, 07:41 PM
Used onstar for the 1st time this morning (Managed to lock my keys in the car....easy to do when the 4 doors are already locks, and you lay them in the cargo area and shut the hatch). Anyway, called and they unlocked it.

This evening on the way home I notice the LED light is red. I press the Onstar button. It works fine, I connect, they transfer me to 'tech', tech says to take it to the dealer. Won't give me any more details (says running the diagnostics would be 'inaccurate' )

Anybody else have this issue? 2010 SRX that is under warranty, I just hate going to the dealership.

Thanks!

TheCaptain
03-15-13, 12:22 PM
Yea, I had this on my 2010 shortly after I hit a duck with the antenna. OnStar still worked fine, but the dealer found a fault and got a new antenna put in.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-15-13, 01:44 PM
Hi davedogcaddy,

I can understand your perspective, so I just wanted to jump on this thread to let you know Customer Service is available to step in at any point and contact your dealer on your behalf. Please feel free to contact me anytime you would like further assistance; my email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

davedogcaddy
03-15-13, 01:49 PM
yea, i had this on my 2010 shortly after i hit a duck with the antenna. Onstar still worked fine, but the dealer found a fault and got a new antenna put in.

lol!

----------

I got an appointment to have it looked at on Tuesday. Just hopped in the car to get lunch, looked up, and it's back to normal again....green all the way! I guess I'll wait until Monday and if it's still OK call it a fluke and cancel the appointment. Thanks for the input!

davedogcaddy
03-17-13, 11:15 AM
It had been green since I last posted on Friday, but today got the red light of death for one ignition cycle. So who knows....