: Transmission Cooler Options

sprink60
03-14-13, 05:27 PM
Even though I have the best Transmission Cooler option from the factory I was thinking of upgrading to a newer/larger one that will keep the fluid even cooler towing my 7500# boat.

Any thoughts out there as to what to use?

wesyder
03-14-13, 07:53 PM
Even though I have the best Transmission Cooler option from the factory I was thinking of upgrading to a newer/larger one that will keep the fluid even cooler towing my 7500# boat.

Any thoughts out there as to what to use?

Was thinking about this as well, the low temp thermostat helps alot but i was also thinking about the electric fan override offered by some of these speed shops as well as the trans cooler upgrade, maybe B&M

capriRS
03-16-13, 02:18 PM
Try TRU-COOL 40k trans cooler this is what all the chevy gmc guys likes to run on tow pigs and even performance trucks. Which is the same as our trucks. Some people are seeing 20+ degree drops in tranny temps while pulling! Google tru cool 40k and check it out!

wesyder
03-16-13, 02:22 PM
Try TRU-COOL 40k trans cooler this is what all the chevy gmc guys likes to run on tow pigs and even performance trucks. Which is the same as our trucks. Some people are seeing 20+ degree drops in tranny temps while pulling! Google tru cool 40k and check it out!

Thanks i will be looking into this

sprink60
03-17-13, 01:24 AM
Thank You for this information.

I am ordering mine Monday.

wesyder
03-13-14, 01:17 AM
Thank You for this information. I am ordering mine Monday. hey sprink60 do you copy? Any feed back on this trans cooler, i just ordered one and I'm picking up a boat next week