: Revshift

253ctsv
03-14-13, 12:51 AM
So a few weeks ago everyone was all pissy (understandably so) about long wait times for revs gift bushings and Cs... Just wanted to say I ordered all of mine from them a couple weeks ago, got shipping email a couple days later and received my parts within a week or 2. Also I ordered pretty much everything so they gave me a discount. Thanks rs

izcain
03-14-13, 01:16 AM
Same here I ordered online and within a short time I had the email stating the trans insert was on the way. Showed up in about a week. I will gladly support a smaller business (coming from one myself) even if the wait times are a while.

joshuajohn1981
03-14-13, 07:39 AM
I have read pretty much all of the threads regarding RevShift. And I will definitely not hesitate to order from RevShift when the time comes that I'm ready to do my mounts etc. From my perspective, the guys on these forums that know what they're doing are all pretty happy with their products. Also the way RevShift handles themselves when responding to complaints is professional and timely. They'll expect an order from me in the near future. As will PissNUOff.

JDB
03-14-13, 03:24 PM
Great to hear. I plan to order MMs asap since I'm about to install Kooks headers soon.

And, PISNUOFF shifter feels great. I have a B&M in my V, but I recently drove a friends V with a recent install of his shifter (and LS7 clutch)... and I wouldn't hesitate to buy either... now that I got to test them out. I wish there were more V GTGs :rolleyes:

repenttokyo
03-14-13, 03:53 PM
I got my parts very quickly this month as well.

Busted_Nut
03-16-13, 10:42 AM
Revshift does have good customer service and will ship quickly.

I ordered the blue transmission insert because I was having some trouble finding reverse and sometime hearing a small "thump" when accelerating hard. Come to find out my stock transmission mount was worn out, and the transmission was not lining up correctly.

I am not a full time mechanic and was worried about installing this myself. But, after reading the install thread on LS1 tech, it went in 15 minutes like the other guys. Jack up the transmission itself to alleviate the pressure and create space to insert RevShift spacer. It simply inserts into the stock trans mount space.

Now my shifts are more solid. No trouble finding reverse anymore, no more "thump" on hard acceleration.

Inexpensive, easy to install. Wish I did this sooner.

- Nut

sgtdestruction
03-16-13, 07:37 PM
I ordered my Revshift MM's and received them in less than a week. Also ordered short shifter from Brian and received in less than a week. Bravo to both...excellent shipping and more importantly, excellent parts.

DDS rollin a CTS
03-17-13, 08:48 PM
Since you're all talking favorably about the revshift mounts, can anyone recommend which hardness is best? I use my V mostly for daily driving, but also autocross it. At this time I don't do any track days. Are there any other of their bushings I should consider?

FuzzyLogic
03-17-13, 09:04 PM
Since you're all talking favorably about the revshift mounts, can anyone recommend which hardness is best? I use my V mostly for daily driving, but also autocross it. At this time I don't do any track days. Are there any other of their bushings I should consider?

Rule of thumb: 80A for bushings directly connected to a prime mover (motor and transmission), and 95A for everything else (subframe bushings, trailing arm bushings, differential bushings, etc).

nvthev
03-18-13, 06:54 PM
Really, 95A. Are the 80s just to soft for the rear? I only run about 2000 miles a year just cruising. I was going to do 80s all the way around.

FuzzyLogic
03-18-13, 08:24 PM
Really, 95A. Are the 80s just to soft for the rear? I only run about 2000 miles a year just cruising. I was going to do 80s all the way around.

You can listen to lilgcts-v's impressions here. The subframe and trailing arm bushings are not subjected to the kind of excitation that the motor mounts and transmission mount are.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1602024-revshift-rear-cradle-busings-11.html#post17000943

nvthev
03-18-13, 09:16 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the Link.

lollygagger8
03-19-13, 04:29 PM
I have their blue motor mounts and they are the shit. I'll be upgrading my BMR's to these as well

Chris Cornett
03-24-13, 02:12 PM
I ordered my MM last week. Figured may as well do them along with the Kooks.

thebigjimsho
03-26-13, 12:06 PM

I never had anything other than OEM bushings and mounts, minus Hotchkis sways, on my V1. If you value DD, their softest, being firmer than OEM, should be fine...