: Service stability System

Txao1051
03-13-13, 09:25 PM
Ok so I know this has probably been asked a million times but having a hard time finding some what close to the same situation. So I start my ext and hear the compressors hum ... I hear it when I'm outside the vehicle when it's on. Well I am also receiving service stability system. I also measured my wheel well height before and after I start it and let it sit and my front wheel well height is 34 inches and rear is 35-3/4 inches . What needs to be done. This ext was a rescue from the previous horrible owners who didn't take care of their things . Thanks for the help!

6lbsofSound
03-13-13, 09:43 PM
Scan it for codes. Is the compressor constantly running or does it shut off after a few seconds?

Txao1051
03-13-13, 09:52 PM
Scan it for codes. Is the compressor constantly running or does it shut off after a few seconds?

From what I can tell is it constantly runs

the cadillac man
03-13-13, 10:52 PM
From what I can tell is it constantly runs

Pull the relay beside the under hood fuse box to cut the power to the compressor if it don't shut off

djais1801
03-14-13, 07:48 AM
it still may be the rear shocks..IIRC they are pumped up under load.

Txao1051
03-14-13, 10:31 AM
it still may be the rear shocks..IIRC they are pumped up under load.

Any insight on fixing this?

djais1801
03-14-13, 10:38 AM
if the relay is bad, causing the compressor to over run..that could be the culprit, i'm just saying don't rule out rear shocks because they're sitting at ride height w/out any load.

I'd be worth a diagnostic fee to me to see what actually needs replacing. I am fortunate to have found a cadillac tech that works after hours for himself...not sure where you live, but maybe try doing the same, less costly than dealerships

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-13, 02:25 PM
Txao1051, I see you're in the middle of getting DIY advice from other owners; so, I just wanted to let you know Customer Service is available to step in and follow up with your dealership if you like. Please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like further assistance at any point, and I look forward to your updates on the thread!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

chacho44
03-16-13, 06:37 PM
Where is the under hood relay? I don't have a service manual so its hard to guess which one it is. Anyone post a pic of where and which one it is

the cadillac man
03-16-13, 09:29 PM
Where is the under hood relay? I don't have a service manual so its hard to guess which one it is. Anyone post a pic of where and which one it is

It is the only relay outside of the under hood fuse box

It is towards the passenger side of the fuse box as you are looking at it from the front(which would be the left side if you are facing the front of the truck)

chacho44
03-17-13, 12:33 AM
Almost looks like my spare fuel pump relay would work on this, not the same size but connections and pin#'s are the sa.e but the little diagram is a tad different. Very close though