: Curiosity I guess...

duns
03-13-13, 01:28 PM
The other day my insurance company declared my 03 Seville STS a total lose. I loved that car. Had Corsa exaust on it. If it wouldnt have been a Caddy, I would have been in the hospital.
Anyway...... looking at a used V. What year should I be looking at?
What should I be staying away from and looking out for?
24,000 American the most to spend.
Is a 06 model year a good start?
What are your opinions?

Thank You

HAMSTAR
03-13-13, 01:33 PM
Are your Corsa mufflers still in good shape? Grab those mufflers! They're worth something!

Glad you're OK.

253ctsv
03-13-13, 02:05 PM
I'm not the most knowledgable buuuut my 2 cents. 06/07 are slightly better than 05/04. Better rear diff ( or likely anyways) and ls2 vs ls6 ( ls6 is slightly smaller and the ls2 has a slightly better torque curve if I'm not mistaken) other than that I believe they're pretty much the same. I have an 05 and I love it. I doubt anyone with a 04/05 is really wishing they had an 06/07. I paid 24000 for mine with 48k miles and I overpaid a bit. U can find them private sale 14-18k pretty often. IMO it would be worth $5000 to fly somewhere and drive your car back. Good lunch in your search!

----------

P.S. amazing car. They have their little problems but If you buy one you won't regret it

duns
03-13-13, 02:14 PM
Thank you. I left them on because I didnt have anything to replace them with. The original exaust was cut up and the tips went on a street rod...
Lets talk V.

----------

Thank you. I left them on because I didnt have anything to replace them with. The original exaust was cut up and the tips went on a street rod...
Lets talk V.

lucasmartin
03-13-13, 03:00 PM
Either way (04 or 06) you are going to love it. At 24K you should really be able to find some nice Vs. Just a quick search on Auto Trader shows some in the 25k-27k range with very low miles. You will certainly be able to get a well-equipped V for your budget. I have an '06 that I purchased 2.5 years ago for 23K with 37k miles on it. It now has 87k on it and still runs as solid as the day I drove away with it. Enjoy it and good luck!

rand49er
03-13-13, 06:14 PM
$24k is plenty. Get one, and you'll be glad your STS got totalled.

Good luck!

ben.gators
03-13-13, 08:41 PM
Get one, and you'll be glad your STS got totalled.

That is a little bit harsh! :) I am also in the market to buy a V1 to ADD to my stable! But nothing can replace the old girl (the STS)! :D They are very very different cars, but each is a great car in its own way!

duns
03-15-13, 12:03 PM
That is a little bit harsh! :) I am also in the market to buy a V1 to ADD to my stable! But nothing can replace the old girl (the STS)! :D They are very very different cars, but each is a great car in its own way!

So back to the original question... what should I watch out for, look for when purchasing a V. Inputs suggestions appreciated.

acaringnihilist
03-15-13, 12:39 PM
Look for leaks at the rear diff
Make sure all the electrics work (windows, sunroof, radio, nav, etc)
Listen for clunks over bumps
Excessive whine from the diff
Vibration over 60 mph in 6th

Theres a page on cadilacfaq I believe...

duns
03-20-13, 10:01 AM
Look for leaks at the rear diff
Make sure all the electrics work (windows, sunroof, radio, nav, etc)
Listen for clunks over bumps
Excessive whine from the diff
Vibration over 60 mph in 6th

Theres a page on cadilacfaq I believe...

Thanks for your information...
Duns

odthetruth
03-20-13, 06:31 PM
24k is more than enough. You might be able to find a maggied V in that price range.

Skidmarcx
03-20-13, 11:13 PM
Mine is for sale... Maggie with built rear... Sent PM