: suspension ... release pressure ??

wetneck
03-12-13, 11:51 PM
when hooking up a trailer the air suspension is great... but when dropping trailer, vehicle is at a higher level, the jack gets maxxed out ... is there any way to release pressure to help when this happens ? or do i need to just block up trailer up much higher?

Cyco
03-13-13, 12:55 AM
As far as I know the pressure from the compressor should release itself at somepoint, the suspension should "level" itself off after trailer is unhooked.

the cadillac man
03-13-13, 12:59 AM
It would be best to have the truck running and the doors closed at the time you unhitched the trailer so the suspension system can detect the change

wesyder
03-13-13, 01:24 AM
when hooking up a trailer the air suspension is great... but when dropping trailer, vehicle is at a higher level, the jack gets maxxed out ... is there any way to release pressure to help when this happens ? or do i need to just block up trailer up much higher?

If u don't want to have to wait, block it.... Mine goes up faster than it comes down

sprink60
03-13-13, 02:13 AM
It would be best to have the truck running and the doors closed at the time you unhitched the trailer so the suspension system can detect the change

+1...it drops as soon as you remove the load if the truck is running and the doors are shut.