: Key Fobs

rspitler
03-12-13, 08:56 PM
I'm having trouble with my memory seats and the recall. I have 2 key fobs. I set my seat and mirrors to position "1" on the door and my wife's to "2". Every time I get in the car, I have to push the 1 to recall my settings. Took the car in for the CUE update and the dealer told me that the fobs are indeed 1 and 2. Sure enough, I switched fobs with my wife and now my settings recall every time, so far. According to the manual, which ever fob is used to start the car, those settings will be stored on that fob when exiting. This means that you can have more than 2 fobs. For example my son could have a third one that would store his settings when he exits. By the way, the dealer did update the memory module also.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-13-13, 01:30 PM
rspitler,
I just want to make sure I understand correctly - is it the case that you had been having problems with the memory seats and that, once you switched fobs, the problem has been resolved? Or instead are you still having troubles?
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

rspitler
03-13-13, 04:55 PM
Not sure. My wife just informed me that the settings did not return for her today. So maybe not a fob issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-13, 12:24 PM
Thank you for clarifying, rspitler! If you continue to experience concerns, please do get in touch with me for further assistance. Customer Service is always happy to contact your dealer on your behalf, if you wish, and research. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

rspitler
03-14-13, 06:43 PM
Thank you for clarifying, rspitler! If you continue to experience concerns, please do get in touch with me for further assistance. Customer Service is always happy to contact your dealer on your behalf, if you wish, and research. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

No need. My dealer contacted me today and scheduled an appt. for next week.

On a side note, I've never gone to a dealer service dept. where I pull in and my assigned tech knew me by first name.