: CUE update results

myronf
03-12-13, 06:30 PM
I am a lurker trying to decide whether to buy an ATS luxury 2.0 awd with NAVI am concerned about the cue system. For those of you that have had the recent update done, my question is whether you are now satisfied? If not, what problems do you still have that are still keeping you awake at night.

Thanks for the response.
Myron

bravnik
03-12-13, 06:41 PM
I had the update done but was not having issues with mine. It seems faster to me now and auto connects with my phone when I get in the car. I have noticed when I use Pandora after I turn off the car it hangs open on my phone and if I don't close it the car will not connect. Other than that I have tested almost everything and have not had any issues at all with hanging or anything else.

bdwalters
03-13-13, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't let bugs in CUE keep me from buying the car. They will be fixed soon enough. I imagine there will be a couple thousand more bug fixes this year. By the end of the year, the system will probably be in really good shape. Worry about mechanical problems, not things that can be fixed with software patches.

Yplus
03-13-13, 09:25 AM
The update for early ATS purchases makes a huge difference. I would not hesitate. The only thing for me is that I didn't need navi since my iPhone is my navi. Imagine my horror when the original CUE could not use Siri without a series of steps to trick it, which are not easy to do standing still, let alone driving (I did it only once and thought that it was way too dangerous). The new update allows me to use Siri and therefore my CUE w/o Navi is a real joy.

mikesul
03-13-13, 09:56 AM
I'm sure Cadillac will offer software updates as they are developed. I like the CUE and haven't even got the update. :)

DavidL
03-13-13, 01:06 PM
I had no problems with the 'originial' cue (took delivery of my car in mid December); have had the update installed last week. A little faster response over-all, and some refinement. I really like the CUE system.

jmvohs
03-13-13, 01:17 PM
I haven't had CUE updated, but like many of the previous posters I don't have any problems with the original version. A few very minor bugs, but for the most part it works as advertised. Speech recognitions is a little slow, but still works. I would take all the negative comments from the magazine car reviews with a grain of salt. It's pretty clear most of the reviewers only spent a short time with CUE and never really learned how to use it.

JMV

myronf
03-13-13, 07:49 PM
thanks for all of the great responses guys- you are making me feel much better. Any other deal breakers that I should be aware of? Is rough idle really an issue?

Myron

Neuroleptic
03-13-13, 10:48 PM
No dealbreakers. CUE is adequate. You will get used to it quickly if you have ever used an electronic device developed within the last 5 years. If you can't figure something out, just ask the car to do it for you by the steering wheel button. It really is pretty easy and I've had the car for a week. I would like the car less if I didn't have it.
However, I have a loaner 3.6 AWD ATS right now while my CUE is being updated and this thing is FAST! It sounds friggin angry too, and if you are thinking about getting an AWD car anyway and don't care that you can't get a manual with this engine, I would test drive it first before you got the 2.0T.

kb8jyf
03-19-13, 08:50 PM
Had my CUE updated last week. Much faster now and Bluetooth issues resolved. Dealer gave me a 3.6 AWD to drive over night. Now my only regret is buying the Turbo, Man that 3.6 takes off like a rocket! I couldn't believe the performance of that machine. I have owned two other 3.6's but this new version is fantastic!

skip000
03-20-13, 06:08 AM
I also, was going to order an ATS, but the problems I see here on the forum with the idle, is making me hold back... nothing scares me more than driving a car, you feel is going to stall.Haven't had to worry about a problem like that since the seventies, and I never want to experience that trembling rough idle feeling again.So no ATS for me, till I see here, that the idle problem is gone...or till the new Lexus IS comes out...which ever comes first...

mikesul
03-20-13, 09:43 AM
I have had no problems with idle with my 2.0T. Love the car!

AtlantaGuy00
03-20-13, 09:45 AM
The engine in my 3.6 is flawless. It smokes everything on the road, is smooth and highly responsive at all speeds. I personally don't feel the love for the turbo model.

bravnik
03-20-13, 10:23 AM
I think the ATS would lose a lot of appeal if you didn't have the CUE. It is really a nice feature and for me works perfectly. I have the 2.0T and though there are times I feel a slight bump at idle it's never been anything like what I have read here. Keep in mind that most forums for cars are filled with one of two things information and bitching. The bitching is by far the largest usually so don't let it worry you. I personally think the cars that have the really bad issue are lemons or very early released runs that have electrical problems other than just the stumble.

Personally I went with the 2.0T as I plan to get a tune and some minor mods. Sure the 3.6 is quicker now but I guarantee you the 2.0T with a proper tune and CAI will smoke the 3.6 unless it has FI :)

@Yplus - I hope you use Google Maps for your Nav on the iPhone. My buddy used his new iPhone 5 to explore northern CA. I guess the iPhone 5 thought he REALLY wanted to explore and had him taking fire roads and such. He said he got so lost out in the middle of nowhere with little room to even turn around. I could not help but to LOL.

Yplus
03-20-13, 12:23 PM
@Yplus - I hope you use Google Maps for your Nav on the iPhone. My buddy used his new iPhone 5 to explore northern CA. I guess the iPhone 5 thought he REALLY wanted to explore and had him taking fire roads and such. He said he got so lost out in the middle of nowhere with little room to even turn around. I could not help but to LOL.

Actually I use Apple Maps and don't have any issues. But when I go on a long trip I use the TomTom App on the phone since it doesn't need an internet connection, the maps are all stored on the device. I've had a few instances of being places that didn't have cell service, and that's no fun if your lost and your GPS needs cell service to know which way to go!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-20-13, 03:45 PM
Myron, thank you for starting such an informative thread! It's great to see so many forum members chiming in with their opinions, and I'm happy to explore any ATS questions for you as well while you car shop. Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

And, of course, if any of you have CUE-specific questions and would like to consult with our Infotainment Customer Support Group, their phone number is 855-428-3669 (open Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

mikesul
03-20-13, 03:48 PM
I just use my portable Garmin with voice. That way I can move it car to car, and rentals when I travel by air and rent. With a 5" screen and a sexy Australian voice it has never got me lost. It also has lifetime updates and traffic.

crash30920
03-23-13, 07:31 PM
I bought my ATS 4 2.0t in December with cue with no issues. I received the update and really don't notice anything different besides the nav and HVAC icons being different. As to the person complaining about the idle issue. I believe that is related to people not using premium in the vehicle. When I put in 94 octane the issue resolved it self in my car. I also received a 3.6 awd loaner car while my cue was updating. That car is extremely fast on the low end but for me it seemed slower at top speed. My turbo seemed like it gets to 140 much faster than the 3.6. I pushed it and it seemed like it was taking forever to get to 125. In normal day to day speeds under 80 the 3.6 is part probably better but when I want to go fast the 2.0 all the way.

marih
03-23-13, 07:42 PM
love my 2.0t I also use premium but here in California we only have 91 octane.