: Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge (Cadillac CTS-V Sedan)

Dr. Design
03-12-13, 12:44 PM
If you caught the optima ultimate street car challenge you might have seen the d3 prepared CTS-V of WPA-racing. Not only was this the only CTS-V or Cadillac chosen to represent the wreath and crest, but he beat about half the field overall! Not bad for a car that actually drove to work the next day. Congrats Rule on your TV coverage, and thank you for represented Cadillac in proud fashion!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549923_499553566748020_325691588_n.jpg

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

hlantin
03-12-13, 01:30 PM
Saw the episode. Congrats Rule12b! Pretty good for a daily-driven-luxury 4-door sedan!

Rule12b
03-13-13, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys! I did a teeny bit better than dead middle so that's something. It was a great event. I hope to return after qualifying in the Silver State Challenge Classic in September.

NAX-121
03-13-13, 02:11 AM
Boy it sucks to show up at a race and look around thinking "WTF am I doing again"?? Rule12b that's:cool2: an awesome performance for just some guy with a killer sounding CTS-V and limited track experience ((we have fun in the Challenge but it aint real racing...thank god)). With no open competition under your belt you should be on cloud nine brother.:highfive: You basically beat half the guys who I'd bet have way more seat time in that format of racing. Look for those who watch road/track racing on tv or YouTube videos, Its a whole different point of view when your exiting a high speed sweeper turn at 130+ with another car less than an inch off your door and another on your ass just as...of course.....yep there's a turn fast approaching. Now compound that with the fact that every other driver on the track has oh say double the experience of you and they all are aware of this{{I hate the looks}}.Until your there in that type of moment you'll never look at a video the same...ever!!! BIg Congrats to ya Ice Man "McQueen" that's quite an accomplishment.....and you did it without taking yourself or anyone else out. Double bonus. Plus there's nothing more priceless to see their face's after you lay down some serious laps while dishing out that ever so painful ego slap to the jackasses point and staring at you prior. Keep up the good work and let them watch your taillights fade away,and let them become comfortable with that because there's nothing they can do but watch.:shhh: Sometimes it pays to be The Village Idiot---with skills...lol :cool2:

NAX-121
03-13-13, 02:44 AM
FYI Update on the V. GM has upgraded my V to Special Order Case to expedite the transplant as soon as possible. With a new heart I hope to return stronger and ready to mix it up with my partner in crime Sir Steve Collins. You know that fast little man with that #1 on his car. I'd be lying if I said it wasnt killing me but, next time Ill make sure the wife gets in some laps before the car has a heart attack. :rant2:
The Red Demon shall return:shhh:

Rule12b
03-13-13, 01:50 PM
FYI Update on the V. GM has upgraded my V to Special Order Case to expedite the transplant as soon as possible. With a new heart I hope to return stronger and ready to mix it up with my partner in crime Sir Steve Collins. You know that fast little man with that #1 on his car. I'd be lying if I said it wasnt killing me but, next time Ill make sure the wife gets in some laps before the car has a heart attack. :rant2:
The Red Demon shall return:shhh:

No Chuckwalla for you guys I take it? You will be missed!

winstonlv
03-13-13, 05:52 PM
Boy it sucks to show up at a race and look around thinking "WTF am I doing again"?? Rule12b that's:cool2: an awesome performance for just some guy with a killer sounding CTS-V and limited track experience ((we have fun in the Challenge but it aint real racing...thank god)). With no open competition under your belt you should be on cloud nine brother.:highfive: You basically beat half the guys who I'd bet have way more seat time in that format of racing. Look for those who watch road/track racing on tv or YouTube videos, Its a whole different point of view when your exiting a high speed sweeper turn at 130+ with another car less than an inch off your door and another on your ass just as...of course.....yep there's a turn fast approaching. Now compound that with the fact that every other driver on the track has oh say double the experience of you and they all are aware of this{{I hate the looks}}.Until your there in that type of moment you'll never look at a video the same...ever!!! BIg Congrats to ya Ice Man "McQueen" that's quite an accomplishment.....and you did it without taking yourself or anyone else out. Double bonus. Plus there's nothing more priceless to see their face's after you lay down some serious laps while dishing out that ever so painful ego slap to the jackasses point and staring at you prior. Keep up the good work and let them watch your taillights fade away,and let them become comfortable with that because there's nothing they can do but watch.:shhh: Sometimes it pays to be The Village Idiot---with skills...lol :cool2:

Wtf are you talking about? This aint "real racing" either.

Rule12b
03-13-13, 07:13 PM
Wtf are you talking about? This aint "real racing" either.

I think the shots with the Corvette chase car are misleading some into thinking that. They also showed some shots of all the cars on track at Las Vegas Speedway. A simple mistake. In the end, I'd say what NAX and the rest of us do at Challenge events is closer to "real", but we still aren't trading paint (hopefully) :-)

----------

One thing I will say about that event is that I've never seen so many sick camaros and other vintage builds. Most were running at least 800 hp, AND 315+ width tires on all four corners were the norm. It was staggering to see so many cars rolling out on the grid, one after the other, with more power and bigger front tires than my 305 rears. Really cool stuff!