: Wait4Me your PM box is full. Was hoping you or another expert can tell me what to do!

topend22
03-12-13, 11:01 AM
Duplicate Post Removed

turbol15
03-12-13, 11:18 AM
video does not exist

topend22
03-12-13, 11:32 AM
Here is the video

http://youtu.be/WPGuYc7s7T0

TheDarkKnight
03-12-13, 02:54 PM
Dude really. Do you need to open 3 threads for this? Have patience my friend! Help will come!

wait4me
03-12-13, 02:56 PM
Could be a few things, I doubt the bearings though. Check to make sure the snout shaft was pressed on all the way and that it is sitting all the way in the bearing race like it needs to be. If you press it on wrong, the bottom bearing will come out of its seat and wont be sitting correctly. Then when you put the snout back on, it will push really hard against the rear rotors causing a noise like that. Or it is the isolator is to snug, putting side load pressure on the bearings. The bearings are VERY strong for up and down strength, but not so much on the side to side..

It is a double row bearing in the very front of the snout, it is VERY rare for them to ever be bad or damaged, But the back one is a bit easier if they don't put it in the press correctly.

Just take off the snout and make sure it is all the way pressed into the bearing on the rear of the snout, and that the post is flush with the pulley on the other side, then reassemble but use the stock isolator. IF it goes away then just replace the isolator, and make sure it is snug but slides on and off easy. You don't want too loose though as it will then rattle.

topend22
03-12-13, 03:00 PM
Could be a few things, I doubt the bearings though. Check to make sure the snout shaft was pressed on all the way and that it is sitting all the way in the bearing race like it needs to be. If you press it on wrong, the bottom bearing will come out of its seat and wont be sitting correctly. Then when you put the snout back on, it will push really hard against the rear rotors causing a noise like that. Or it is the isolator is to snug, putting side load pressure on the bearings. The bearings are VERY strong for up and down strength, but not so much on the side to side..

It is a double row bearing in the very front of the snout, it is VERY rare for them to ever be bad or damaged, But the back one is a bit easier if they don't put it in the press correctly.

Just take off the snout and make sure it is all the way pressed into the bearing on the rear of the snout, and that the post is flush with the pulley on the other side, then reassemble but use the stock isolator. IF it goes away then just replace the isolator, and make sure it is snug but slides on and off easy. You don't want too loose though as it will then rattle. Jessie, I put the stock isolater back in and the sound just about went away. Can you please listen to the before and after and let me know if my engine sounds normal now. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-performance-mods/284180-terrible-sound-lpe-solid-isolator-coupler.html

wait4me
03-12-13, 03:09 PM
Just replied. It sounds normal right now, You are spinning the blower much faster, so it will be louder, that and your intake will amplify that noise.

topend22
03-12-13, 03:21 PM
Just replied. It sounds normal right now, You are spinning the blower much faster, so it will be louder, that and your intake will amplify that noise. Jessie, THANK YOU SIR!..So what do your think I should do with the isolater. it is very snug but I can still put on by hand but it is snug..How do I get a good solid isolater.