: Full bulb replacement guide - wanted

bboren994
03-12-13, 09:32 AM
Does anybody have a full bulb size/type replacement guide yet? I want to switch all my lights to LED....

Interior Dome/Map light ---
License Plate lights ---
Reverse lights ---
etc.....

Stevo Supremo
03-12-13, 10:53 AM
yeah a guide would be nice.. I just replaced my reverse lamp with bright white LEDS, in the owners manual it shows you how to replace (With pics) the reverse/license plate lights and tells you the bulb type

hood101010
03-12-13, 01:48 PM
yeah a guide would be nice.. I just replaced my reverse lamp with bright white LEDS, in the owners manual it shows you how to replace (With pics) the reverse/license plate lights and tells you the bulb type

Great info. Exactly what I want to do. Thanks.

Stevo Supremo
03-12-13, 02:04 PM
no problem^ section 10-30 is how to replace those two bulbs, they're

Exterior Lamp_________________Bulb number
Back-Up Lamp___________________921 (W16W)
License Plate Lamp_______________W5W LL

but yeah bright white LEDS look a million times better there then yellow halogens that come with it, and they're nice and bright to :)

AdamVIP
03-24-13, 09:48 AM
Has anyone figured out what the front turn signal bulbs are on the hid setup is? It bugs me that they used incandescent when everything else on the exterior is led. Also if anyone knows how to get to them that would be great too. It looks pretty inaccessible from the hood. Perhaps from underneath.

bboren994
03-24-13, 11:35 PM
Has anyone figured out what the front turn signal bulbs are on the hid setup is? It bugs me that they used incandescent when everything else on the exterior is led. Also if anyone knows how to get to them that would be great too. It looks pretty inaccessible from the hood. Perhaps from underneath.

Not sure what the turn signal bulbs are. But, to get to the headlight assembly, to take it out, you must take off the entire bumper. This is what I had to do to change my Halogens to HID's.... Big Pain in the @ss

duke27
03-25-13, 09:01 AM

Where did you get the LED bulbs for the license plate, i cant find them anywhere. It adds a nice touch to the car

ewired
03-25-13, 11:57 PM
Putco 280002w stick LED (white) b type for the plate light (194)

Putco 230921w-360 (white) for the reverse (921)

Putco is coming out with a newer 360bulb shortly that will be twice as bright. The current one I listed is ok and I haven't had any issues backing up but I always did find their 360 bulbs used as reverse could always be brighter.

bboren994
03-26-13, 02:15 AM
Where did you get the LED bulbs for the license plate, i cant find them anywhere. It adds a nice touch to the car

The interior dome lights, the trunk light, and the license plate lights are all (194 bulb). The Reverse lights can use either a (194 bulb) or a (921 bulb). They have the same wedge base, but the difference is the 921 has a bigger bulb.

You can get all of these bulbs at vleds.com or superbrightleds.com

netring
05-19-13, 04:43 PM
Can you guys link to specific ones? When i search on superbrightleds there are varying size of actual bulb for each type. The only lights i plan on replacing are trunk, license plate and reverse. I tried leds in the cabin once before and it was simply annoyingly bright and i felt like i was on a podium.Also, how about these bulbs:
http://www.amazon.com/42-SMD-Replacement-Light-Bulbs-STICKER/dp/B0087XOTWW/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1368996282&sr=1-1&keywords=921+led
or
http://www.amazon.com/68-SMD-Replacement-Light-Bulbs-STICKER/dp/B0096J90KW/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1368996335&sr=1-4&keywords=921+led

bboren994
05-20-13, 05:08 AM
Can you guys link to specific ones? When i search on superbrightleds there are varying size of actual bulb for each type. The only lights i plan on replacing are trunk, license plate and reverse. I tried leds in the cabin once before and it was simply annoyingly bright and i felt like i was on a podium.Also, how about these bulbs:

The interior dome lights, the trunk light, and the license plate lights are all (194 bulb). The Reverse lights can use either a (194 bulb) or a (921 bulb). They have the same wedge base, but the difference is the 921 has a bigger bulb.

You can get all of these bulbs at vleds.com or superbrightleds.com

netring
05-21-13, 04:58 PM
Can someone who has changed out their lights with leds post pictures at night and provide links to which bulb they purchased? I would really appreciate it, because having an extremely bright license plate light is something i don't wish to get.