: Favorite Artist/Song function?

Golddogs
03-12-13, 09:21 AM
Question, I had a Charger and Durango prior to my ATS. The U-Connect had a function where you could store up to 50 favorite artists and if one of their songs came on, it would pop up on the screen and you could instantly change to that channel. You could also save up to 50 favorite songs. Is this fuction available on the CUE? If not, I would love to see this in a future update.

Hoosier Daddy
03-12-13, 11:22 AM
Question, I had a Charger and Durango prior to my ATS. The U-Connect had a function where you could store up to 50 favorite artists and if one of their songs came on, it would pop up on the screen and you could instantly change to that channel. You could also save up to 50 favorite songs. Is this fuction available on the CUE? If not, I would love to see this in a future update.
I'm trying to figure out how that would work. Are you talking about satellite radio only? The only ways I can think of for CUE (or U-Connect) to know what songs are bring played is if it had a separate tuner that constantly scanned your favorites OR there was a "guide" source it could access that told what was currently playing on every radio station.

Golddogs
03-12-13, 11:30 AM
Yes, it only worked on XM satallite radio. It was extremely neat. You would be listneing to a song, a favorite would show on the screen, you would touch accept or ignore, and the station would flip over to the station playing the favorite. It would know what song was coming up before it started. Therefore, you do not miss any of it. We have the older version in our minivan, which displays it largely on the screen. My Charger had the newer version (not as good). It would show up in the top left corner of the screen, you would have to tap it, then it would show what song it was. It was much smaller and many times I would just miss it.

Yplus
03-12-13, 12:58 PM
I never remember exactly how to do it, but basically with the song playing, tap the menu icon and there's a function in there for it.

Chris Shillinger
03-12-13, 02:50 PM
This is straight from an XTS Manual:

"TuneSelect: For SiriusXM only, this feature allows alerts for artists or songs that are played on any other channel. Press Artist or Song to
save an Artist or Song in the Manage TuneSelect menu. Press Manage TuneSelect to turn the alerts On and Off or manage the saved selection of Artists or Songs. To unselect an alert, press the Song or Artist. To delete an alert, press −. Press [ Back to go back to the
previous menu."

Hope this helps.

Golddogs
03-13-13, 08:45 AM
Thanks Chris!!!! I will give it a shot.

RippyPartsDept
03-13-13, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I was just going to post about this.

I talked with our sales people today and mentioned this feature and they said that GM has this feature and has had it for a while even on non-CUE vehicles like the escalade