: Hello everyone. I am new to your site.

sonofkittel
03-11-13, 11:20 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to your site. I recently purchased a 2007 DTS. I need a new windshield. A carwash has agreed to pay for half the replacement. I am aware of the three different windshields. I do not have rain sence. Am I OK with the aftermarket glass? Did they have special insulated glass in 07? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Tom's Caddy
03-11-13, 11:33 AM
Welcome. Enjoy you're new DTS you will love it. Put the best and right product in you're Cadillac, I had a problem with rust around the windshiel on an old Monte Carlo once when I tried to save some money, not worth it. If it's not 100% right or put in mickey mouse the rust can crack the windshield and you're back to square one.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-11-13, 01:35 PM
Sonofkittel, welcome to the forum! As you're already seeing by Tom's Caddy's post, the community is extremely helpful on this forum. Consulting with your Cadillac dealer would indeed be a productive next step, and please feel free to contact me if you ever have questions or concerns. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Vitaqueen
03-11-13, 06:52 PM
Welcome! You are going to simply adore the elegant looks and smooth ride of dts! I'm crazy about mine! Once again, welcome friend. Happy miles!

jazoo
03-11-13, 10:06 PM
Welcome! You'll love your newly acquired old DTS.

You can try www.safelite.com/ OR www.technaglass.com/ (technaglass stores are primarily located in the west coast except for couple of stores in Mississippi). In addition, consult with your local Cadillac or GM Service Managers/Advisors.

Submariner409
03-12-13, 10:56 AM
^^^ Safelite. 5 windshields for different cars/trucks over the last 7 years - not a problem. And they do it in your driveway.

(Glass damage is usually part of your insurance comprehensive, not part of the deductible)

RicktheRealtor
03-12-13, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the site.
To answer your question, there is definitely a difference in original windshield versus a cheaper, aftermarket (offshore) glass. Look at them from an oblique angle , and you'll notice the warpage . It's the old adage of you get what you pay for.
However, even more important that the quality, is the installation. This is the key. In case of air bag deployment, the last thing you want is the windshield to not do it's job of maintaining integrity.
I would say it's worth the difference to get the best quality of windshield professionally installed.

Submariner409
03-12-13, 11:19 AM
Since you raise the question, does that mean that Safelite windshields (both OEM and Aftermarket) manufactured in Canada are no good ? ........... because two of my trucks have Canadian glass as well as the STS (and all optional functions work perfectly).

sonofkittel
04-08-13, 05:35 PM
Thank you everyone. I had it replaced without issues. I appreciate all the advice.

cadillac_guy21
04-08-13, 05:53 PM
I just noticed a crack in my windshield as well,

BlackRavenDTS
04-08-13, 07:17 PM
Welcome :)

CadillacVogue
04-08-13, 08:38 PM
Welcome, Enjoy your DTS!

Gomaz
04-09-13, 08:37 PM
welcome, glad to hear your windshield is fixed.