: Can CUE settings (Radio Stations and Favorites) be backed up?

NJRonbo
03-10-13, 07:24 AM
Bringing my SRX in for a CUE update on Monday.

I put a lot of time and effort into setting up pages of radio station and cell phone favorites. Each XM station saved has its channel name spelled out.

My fear is that the update to CUE is going to erase everything I have worked to put in place.

I believe I read somewhere here that settings can be saved to a jump drive? If that is so, how is it done?

If such a thing cannot be done, absolutely my bad.

ewired
03-10-13, 08:34 AM
Very curious myself....

inspectorudy
03-10-13, 08:09 PM
My dealer told me that all personal stored features, like favorites settings for the radio and vehicle, would be carried over on the update. I go in Monday so I'll find out for sure then.

danscrim
03-10-13, 08:56 PM
My dealer told me that all personal stored features, like favorites settings for the radio and vehicle, would be carried over on the update. I go in Monday so I'll find out for sure then.

They do it by hand. I could tell because my dealer went through and re-inputted my favorites but they were in all CAPS which they weren't before. Still a nice gesture by the dealers, but it isn't done automatically.

I presume that in future updates it will be done automatically (by saving off settings onto the USB drive and re-loading them after the update).

NJRonbo
03-11-13, 06:12 AM
I was informed by the CUE team that the dealer would input the favorites but any personal labeling that I had done (such as 70son70, 20on20) would need to be relabeled by me.

Hoosier Daddy
03-11-13, 12:41 PM
I was informed by the CUE team that the dealer would input the favorites but any personal labeling that I had done (such as 70son70, 20on20) would need to be relabeled by me.
Gee, what could go wrong with dealer employees writing down your favorites and manually re-entering them? :rolleyes:

1. Toss your daughter the keys and tell her to use Nav to get to her piano lessons ....but the dealer accidentally entered East 4th street instead of West 4th street sending her to the Hell's Angels club house.

2. Getting the Bishop's and Quagmire's favorites mixed up.

etc..

NJRonbo
03-11-13, 01:10 PM
Just got back from my dealership where the CUE update was done.

The dealership did indeed put all the presets back in, and oddly enough, even the custom labeling I had done was completed.

Go Goldcoast!

pkadanec
03-12-13, 11:07 AM
I had the same experience. Radio/XM favorites saved. Any other presets like Tone or Nav were not.

Chris Shillinger
03-12-13, 02:47 PM
All radio presets, AM, FM, XM, will not be deleted during the update. Any other favorites will be deleted and must be manually reentered. Hopefully the dealership takes the time to do this for you.

cblove
03-15-13, 11:26 PM
I lost the nav destinations and address book. Presets and seat positions were saved. I had to repair the
bluetooth but that took 20 seconds