: ambient temperature sensor ????

chacho44
03-10-13, 01:18 AM
When I bought my esv there was a noise on the left side of the roof just above my ear. Anyways I removed and prob threw it away (FML). Now with this being gone can it be the reason why my heat only works on 90, 89 is basically ac. And ac will only work crom 60-89 and stays at the same temp. Basically heat is 90 only, and ac is 60-89 always. If so FML I threw the litle motor/fan away

the cadillac man
03-10-13, 04:27 AM
When I bought my esv there was a noise on the left side of the roof just above my ear. Anyways I removed and prob threw it away (FML). Now with this being gone can it be the reason why my heat only works on 90, 89 is basically ac. And ac will only work crom 60-89 and stays at the same temp. Basically heat is 90 only, and ac is 60-89 always. If so FML I threw the litle motor/fan away

You shouldn't have done that as that was the in car temp sensor for the hvac system and is a vital part to the system

As you have already seen the results of removing it I am willing to guess you won't be doing that again?

chacho44
03-10-13, 03:13 PM
Cadillac Man you think this is my problem with heat and ac working only on cremation and freezing? If so I will be on a hu t for this little sensor asap

the cadillac man
03-10-13, 03:37 PM
Cadillac Man you think this is my problem with heat and ac working only on cremation and freezing? If so I will be on a hu t for this little sensor asap

You can get it at any parts place(may have to special order it though)

CaddyEscalade
03-11-13, 12:42 AM
Try a wreckers in your area? Don't be too hard on yourself, we all make silly mistakes. I hate rattles and noises myself, so I can sympathize...

the cadillac man
03-11-13, 01:15 AM
Try a wreckers in your area? Don't be too hard on yourself, we all make silly mistakes. I hate rattles and noises myself, so I can sympathize...

I have been putting up with the in car temp sensors buzzing away since I got my truck and at times it does get on my nerves

wesyder
03-11-13, 01:57 AM

I have this same issue... 90 is too hot and 89 ain't hot enuf, (actually a little cold) i have been dealing with this since i bought the vehicle brand new in 05.. With numerous trips to the dealer and still the same issue... I also get the noise from the sensor but only when the truck sits in the cold even without the hvac on... I believe this sensor only works on auto to maintain a temp u have set but I'm not positive

the cadillac man
03-11-13, 02:57 AM
I have this same issue... 90 is too hot and 89 ain't hot enuf, (actually a little cold) i have been dealing with this since i bought the vehicle brand new in 05.. With numerous trips to the dealer and still the same issue... I also get the noise from the sensor but only when the truck sits in the cold even without the hvac on... I believe this sensor only works on auto to maintain a temp u have set but I'm not positive

It has failed and this is how the system behaves when it does(it works even on manual mode to maintain the temp output) replace it and the system will work like it should(you will need to drop the headliner if you have big hands)

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-11-13, 12:22 PM
Chacho & wesyder, please let me know if you decide to bring your concerns to your dealers' attention. Customer Service happy to step in to follow up with your dealer on your behalf if you wish, and I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

chacho44
03-12-13, 04:08 AM
It has failed and this is how the system behaves when it does(it works even on manual mode to maintain the temp output) replace it and the system will work like it should(you will need to drop the headliner if you have big hands)So is this the reason why my heat and ac only works on one setting, 60&90? If so ill be buying this piece asap. Can this be had at your local parts store, autozone, advanced auto, etc. Or is this a dealer part?

the cadillac man
03-12-13, 01:00 PM
So is this the reason why my heat and ac only works on one setting, 60&90? If so ill be buying this piece asap. Can this be had at your local parts store, autozone, advanced auto, etc. Or is this a dealer part?

You can get it at either but it may be quicker at the dealer

chacho44
03-12-13, 04:56 PM
Just called the dealer and they said it will about $50 for this sensor, and I explained to them how my heat and ac works and they said it can be the reason why it acts like that. It will just suck if I spend $50and its not the problem, I mean I guess I do need that sensor since I removed it.

wesyder
03-12-13, 06:03 PM
Just called the dealer and they said it will about $50 for this sensor, and I explained to them how my heat and ac works and they said it can be the reason why it acts like that. It will just suck if I spend $50and its not the problem, I mean I guess I do need that sensor since I removed it.

Keep us posted, I'm still on the fence since mine has had this issue since i first purchased it brand new

Txao1051
03-23-13, 10:21 AM
I just stared to hear the rattling about a week ago by my ear when driving. How do you tighten this up?

the cadillac man
03-23-13, 01:13 PM
I just stared to hear the rattling about a week ago by my ear when driving. How do you tighten this up?

The sensor needs cleaning in order to get rid of the rattle

jjtwomey
03-23-13, 01:18 PM
The sensor needs cleaning in order to get rid of the rattle

Would hitting it with the spray can that blows out dust from computers work.... Or would I need to take down the headliner and really clean it out

the cadillac man
03-23-13, 01:31 PM
Would hitting it with the spray can that blows out dust from computers work.... Or would I need to take down the headliner and really clean it out

You can try the air can (I would but I don't have one)and see if it works)

Last time I pulled one from the headliner it didn't look easy to clean without compressed air just be careful of the thermistor in front of the sensor opening

Mark Edward Morrison
03-23-13, 08:41 PM
Are you guys talking about the little speaker looking grill above your left ear on the headliner? Mine makes noise as well! So your saying to pull down the headliner a bit and clean it with canned air and that will fix the annoying sound? If that's the case I will do this tomorrow, I hate that damn sound, I usually just turn my stereo up louder.... ;-)

jjtwomey
03-23-13, 09:26 PM
Are you guys talking about the little speaker looking grill above your left ear on the headliner? Mine makes noise as well! So your saying to pull down the headliner a bit and clean it with canned air and that will fix the annoying sound? If that's the case I will do this tomorrow, I hate that damn sound, I usually just turn my stereo up louder.... ;-)

That's the one... I first thought it was something to do with on star and was just going to remove it, but realized that would virtually eliminate climate control...

I'm thinking I could just spray the air right into the vent.. And if that doesn't work then I'd take down the headliner.. Which I really don't want to do

the cadillac man
03-23-13, 11:09 PM
That's the one... I first thought it was something to do with on star and was just going to remove it, but realized that would virtually eliminate climate control...

I'm thinking I could just spray the air right into the vent.. And if that doesn't work then I'd take down the headliner.. Which I really don't want to do

Just be sure to spray in the middle of the sensor as that is where the hole is on the sensor unit itself(and don't stick the hose in to far)

jjtwomey
03-24-13, 12:38 AM
Just be sure to spray in the middle of the sensor as that is where the hole is on the sensor unit itself(and don't stick the hose in to far)

Good point I'd hate to damage it and then have to replace it