: new to cadillac.

punkrockrprs
03-09-13, 10:48 PM
hello guys and gals. my name is shawn i recently purchased my first cadillac. its a 2000 escalade on 22s. it needs a few small things but nothing major seems to be wrong. i have a few questions. when not moving its extremely hard to turn. is that because of the rims that are on it? and sometimes my gas guage moves some like if its at quarter tank sometimes it drops down to the first orange line then eventually goes back to quarter tank, is the floater just moving around? also i need a few small parts i was wondering if anyone here had some for sale? i need the front running board trim black in color for both sides, rear headrests tan in color, rear cupholder thing, rear radio control, and rear seat heater switch. i would also like to trade my tail lights for stocks, it currently has the altezza style (chrome) wich i painted black to make look better but it can be removed. also need the door handle trim for the rear passenger door tan in color and a interior driver door handle tan in color.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll317/punkrockprs/photo_zpse9978668.jpg

the cadillac man
03-09-13, 11:38 PM
hello guys and gals. my name is shawn i recently purchased my first cadillac. its a 2000 escalade on 22s. it needs a few small things but nothing major seems to be wrong. i have a few questions. when not moving its extremely hard to turn. is that because of the rims that are on it? and sometimes my gas guage moves some like if its at quarter tank sometimes it drops down to the first orange line then eventually goes back to quarter tank, is the floater just moving around? also i need a few small parts i was wondering if anyone here had some for sale? i need the front running board trim black in color for both sides, rear headrests tan in color, rear cupholder thing, rear radio control, and rear seat heater switch. i would also like to trade my tail lights for stocks, it currently has the altezza style (chrome) wich i painted black to make look better but it can be removed. also need the door handle trim for the rear passenger door tan in color and a interior driver door handle tan in color.

The fuel gauge can either be the gauge(it will peg when off) or the float(on the fuel pump)

The steering problem may be the orrvise valve(I don't know if I spelled it right)

A lot of the other parts I would try a salvage yard

punkrockrprs
03-10-13, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the input. You guys don't have a cpo (car part out) section here??

the cadillac man
03-10-13, 03:29 AM
Thanks for the input. You guys don't have a cpo (car part out) section here??

I haven't seen any but there is a classified section for buying and selling parts and other things

MrHolland
03-10-13, 11:12 AM
I can gladly set up that type of section if you all feel it would beneficial and be used.

----Welcome to the forum!!

the cadillac man
03-10-13, 02:35 PM
I can gladly set up that type of section if you all feel it would beneficial and be used.

----Welcome to the forum!!

I'd say it would have potential

punkrockrprs
03-10-13, 06:27 PM
i think it would be good. it would give members the ability to buy parts they need off of other members who want to part out their cars.

djais1801
03-11-13, 04:47 PM
sounds good to me...it'd be good for the trim and little things that are hard to find. i am missing the cover to the automatic headlight sensor on the dash. they don't sell it separately..i'd have to buy the whole sensor. $25..which i refuse to spend for a plastic dome the size of a dime. a local salvage yard has an 03 suburban i can take off, but they have a $20 minimum...

the cadillac man
03-11-13, 05:30 PM
sounds good to me...it'd be good for the trim and little things that are hard to find. i am missing the cover to the automatic headlight sensor on the dash. they don't sell it separately..i'd have to buy the whole sensor. $25..which i refuse to spend for a plastic dome the size of a dime. a local salvage yard has an 03 suburban i can take off, but they have a $20 minimum...

It would either pay the price or not have the auto headlight work right(they would be either on all the time or not work in auto mode(this included the drls)

djais1801
03-11-13, 10:41 PM
Negative...they work fine- it's purely aesthetic ..only missing dome cover

the cadillac man
03-11-13, 10:57 PM
Negative...they work fine- it's purely aesthetic ..only missing dome cover

If the sensor works then why mess with it since the dome is only for looks

punkrockrprs
03-12-13, 11:53 PM
To look nice huh

the cadillac man
03-13-13, 12:00 AM