: Car seats in an Escalade: tell me about your configuration

Fenway
03-09-13, 05:45 PM
I just put my children's car seats in my new 2003 Escalade with a bench seat. I put my 8 month old's infant carrier base on the driver's side using the seatbelt and my 2.5 year old's Britax Marathon 70 behind on the passenger's side using LATCH.

I'm thinking this configuration will work best for us, and when I want to use the third row for seating, which will be infrequent, I'll move the Britax to the center seat so I can flip down the passenger side.

What does everyone do and with what car seats?

(Or am I the only one crazy enough to be using an escalade as a "mommy car"?)

wesyder
03-09-13, 05:52 PM
I just put my children's car seats in my new 2003 Escalade with a bench seat. I put my 8 month old's infant carrier base on the driver's side using the seatbelt and my 2.5 year old's Britax Marathon 70 behind on the passenger's side using LATCH.

I'm thinking this configuration will work best for us, and when I want to use the third row for seating, which will be infrequent, I'll move the Britax to the center seat so I can flip down the passenger side.

What does everyone do and with what car seats?

(Or am I the only one crazy enough to be using an escalade as a "mommy car"?)

My 2 year old is behind the driver and my one year old's base sits in the center so i can have access to the 3rd row for my other 2

mikedyk43
03-09-13, 07:55 PM
My 2 year old is behind the driver and my one year old's base sits in the center so i can have access to the 3rd row for my other 2

This is the same as my configuration, I also have a four year old in the third row

RoadrunnerRod
03-10-13, 12:01 AM
In our 02 we have our 1 1/2 year old on the passengers side and our 4 month old on the drivers side, both held in with the latch hooks. The wifey likes it this way so if one of them cries she can jump over the console and sit between them them! lol We really don't use the 3rd row seat often at all so it works for now (heck, right now the 3rd row is sitting in the garage, on top of our 3rd row seats from our totalled 01 Tahoe that this Escalade replaced!)

Fenway
03-10-13, 08:32 AM
In our 02 we have our 1 1/2 year old on the passengers side and our 4 month old on the drivers side, both held in with the latch hooks. The wifey likes it this way so if one of them cries she can jump over the console and sit between them them! lol We really don't use the 3rd row seat often at all so it works for now (heck, right now the 3rd row is sitting in the garage, on top of our 3rd row seats from our totalled 01 Tahoe that this Escalade replaced!)

You have LATCH behind the driver's seat? I thought that option was only center and passenger. I'll have to look again because I had a tough time getting a good install for the infant base with just the seatbelt. I prefer the 2.5 year old in either the center or passenger because I can see her and hand her stuff. The 8 month old just sleeps.

capriRS
03-10-13, 11:29 AM
2.5 year old is in the center with seat belt threw it and then the latch ran down behind the back of the seat but this is in a EXT and only 1 child..