: H.I.D's ?

Stevo Supremo
03-09-13, 11:32 AM
so I've found out that for some reason my car has halogens :bonkers: Does anyone know of an H.I.D kit that'll work for these cars? I've searched but I keep getting some stupid search results from "carid" that are useless.

Bertha D Blues
03-09-13, 12:39 PM
See the "HID and LED Headlights" thread in this forum. Bert

Stevo Supremo
03-09-13, 05:35 PM
ah foud it, thank you sir lol

turbo2.0
03-09-13, 05:52 PM
always make sure to check your local laws before installing something like this. I know that it sounds stupid, but addidng HID lights to a car that didn't come with them from the factory is illegal in Texas unless you change out the whole headlamp assembly to a DOT approved for HID assembly.

Its an ATS
03-09-13, 07:32 PM
always make sure to check your local laws before installing something like this. I know that it sounds stupid, but addidng HID lights to a car that didn't come with them from the factory is illegal in Texas unless you change out the whole headlamp assembly to a DOT approved for HID assembly.

Housing is the same on the HID and nonHID equipped ATS.

Stevo Supremo
03-09-13, 08:21 PM
this^ thats why I dont mind doing it, if I had to build retro fit housings then forget it lol

theres so many ricers around here that stuff HIDS in stock housings that arent meant for them. Drives me nuts.

Its an ATS
03-10-13, 01:28 PM
this^ thats why I dont mind doing it, if I had to build retro fit housings then forget it lol

theres so many ricers around here that stuff HIDS in stock housings that arent meant for them. Drives me nuts.

In SW Missouri it's the *******s in jacked up trucks who like to stuff HIDs in their stock housings... Drives me INSANE!

turbo2.0
03-10-13, 11:22 PM
Housing is the same on the HID and nonHID equipped ATS.

False

Stevo Supremo
03-10-13, 11:36 PM
False

well, they're not a typical halogen housing, they have a lense and a housing.

----------

False

well, they're not a typical halogen housing, they have a lense and a housing.

turbo2.0
03-11-13, 10:44 AM
correct, but the actual projectors needed to properly aim the light is different. They have had a different style of projector in the halogen lenses for years, but the one that is needed to legally have HIDs must be DOT approved for them.

Its an ATS
03-11-13, 11:27 AM
correct, but the actual projectors needed to properly aim the light is different. They have had a different style of projector in the halogen lenses for years, but the one that is needed to legally have HIDs must be DOT approved for them.

The housings have the same part numbers don't they? I thought cadillac used the same exact one. There are others who have installed. Same cut off.