: Blow off valve/Toronto Tuner

Stevo Supremo
03-08-13, 06:07 PM
If I REALLY wanted a BOV, is that possible on this car? I love the sound of them but I dont know if they're vehicle specific and where I could find one and how much work it would be to do it, I've never owned a turbo car so helpful feedback is appreciated :bouncy:

Also, Is there a Tuner near Toronto Ontario that someone knows of on here?

thanks in advance :) I just got this car and was wondering about those two things.

turbo2.0
03-12-13, 02:21 PM
Not sure about a BOV, but Bad News Racing is a great place to look at for tuning. I got my Trifecta tune done through them via email and I have nothing but great things to say about them and their product.

BNRacing
03-12-13, 05:10 PM
You can't run a blow off valve on this car yet because it uses an electronic by-pass valve. Weird I know. I'm sure someone will develop a replacement for it that will make more noise though. Although if you get an intake the stock by-pass valve will be much, much louder.

turbo2.0
03-12-13, 05:16 PM
you guys know anybody offering an intake for these yet?

Stevo Supremo
03-13-13, 03:04 PM
lol thats what I'm waiting on^ an intake, I see D3 has one on there ATS.. but it seems you cant buy it

turbo2.0
03-13-13, 05:57 PM
D3 knows to expect my weekly phone call to see where they are at on their intake systems. The system that you see on their black car is not going to be the one they release, it will be more like the the system they use on the CTS V. I have tried to get information from KPE about the intake systems, but they seem a little further away than D3.

Stevo Supremo
03-13-13, 06:07 PM
haha awesome though! ^ keep on 'em! I'll buy one right away.. infact.. I'm RRREEAAALLLYYY surprised K&N haven't been all over this yet.

Should I wait to get the intake before I get my car tuned? (I'll asume the answer is yes, just thought I'd ask)

and is there ANYONE in the GTA that does tuning on ATS's? I dont mind ordering through BNR and doing it myself, but I'd feel safer having someone who knows this stuff well doing it instead.

BNRacing
03-13-13, 06:33 PM
We're the only people tuning them that I'm aware of. If you're concerned about messing up the flash process I can remote control your laptop and do it for you if you park somewhere with an Internet connection

Stevo Supremo
03-13-13, 06:46 PM
We're the only people tuning them that I'm aware of. If you're concerned about messing up the flash process I can remote control your laptop and do it for you if you park somewhere with an Internet connection

After Pm'ing back and fourth I'm feeling more confident in doing this and I will be ordering a tune in the coming months :) I also have internet at my house so remote access is a great idea for this, thanks for being promt as well with your pm's! :)

turbo2.0
03-14-13, 07:58 AM
haha awesome though! ^ keep on 'em! I'll buy one right away.. infact.. I'm RRREEAAALLLYYY surprised K&N haven't been all over this yet.

Should I wait to get the intake before I get my car tuned? (I'll asume the answer is yes, just thought I'd ask)

and is there ANYONE in the GTA that does tuning on ATS's? I dont mind ordering through BNR and doing it myself, but I'd feel safer having someone who knows this stuff well doing it instead.

I'm really not surprised that K&N hasn't come out with anything, keep in mind that still haven't released an intake system for the current CTS V.

Siren05
03-14-13, 08:30 AM
Lots of great tuners in the GTA. My STI had lots of aftermarket support. I used Cobbs access port. Great
Handheld tuner obII reader,holds limitless maps. Also allows pro tuning on street or dyno, clears and reads codes and you can set tons of perameters.

Internet tuning scares me. Sorry.
Sending my VIN #. Why?

I'm hoping Cobb releases support for the 2.0T really hoping in fact I will send them an email.

turbo2.0
03-14-13, 09:28 AM
I go to the "first Thursdy" meets that they have every month, and at this time they have no interest in getting into tuning on Cadillacs. Why would you look for Cobb tuning on a domestic anyways?

BNRacing
03-14-13, 09:53 AM
Lots of great tuners in the GTA. My STI had lots of aftermarket support. I used Cobbs access port. Great
Handheld tuner obII reader,holds limitless maps. Also allows pro tuning on street or dyno, clears and reads codes and you can set tons of perameters.

Internet tuning scares me. Sorry.
Sending my VIN #. Why?

I'm hoping Cobb releases support for the 2.0T really hoping in fact I will send them an email.

Why does it scare you to send us your VIN? I'm sure with your COBB hand held you probably had to read an image of the ECM right? Your VIN is in that image. We need your VIN so we can program it into the tune that we send you. If the tune doesn't have your VIN in it, the ECM will reject it. We've tuned over 2000 GM 2.0T cars, you have nothing to be scared of.

bravnik
03-14-13, 10:20 AM
What kind of power can we expect with a tune? WHP and drive-ability wise?

turbo2.0
03-14-13, 11:18 AM
drivability is amazing, it is a stock tune unless you put it in sport mode. When you put it in sport mode it is simply a faster version of what it was!

bravnik
03-14-13, 01:43 PM
drivability is amazing, it is a stock tune unless you put it in sport mode. When you put it in sport mode it is simply a faster version of what it was!

Ah so if you switch to Sport you really get the power. Otherwise it's like normal? If so, that is pretty cool. I might have to look into this.

vinny4069
03-14-13, 02:50 PM
What happens to the tune algorithm in sport mode if u go to the dealership for service that includes any software upgrade...is the tune wiped by such an upgrade ?

BNRacing
03-14-13, 07:26 PM
What happens to the tune algorithm in sport mode if u go to the dealership for service that includes any software upgrade...is the tune wiped by such an upgrade ?

It would wipe it out yes, but we include all of the latest updates from GM in our tunes. Plus if you did go in and get an upgrade you would simply read the image off of the ECM and send it to us and we could apply the tune to the new updated GM image you had on the ECM. Basically we could incorporate whatever update the dealer did into your tune. It's no big deal at all

louieftw
05-10-13, 11:15 AM
You guys should have another sale soon... :yup:

Rozay619
05-10-13, 12:11 PM
You guys should have another sale soon... :yup:

If you dont already have the Tune, here is your chance for the group buy!!! we only need 5 more!!!

Group buy is live- http://store.badnewsracing.net/ATS-G...ble_p_192.html

louieftw
05-10-13, 12:24 PM
I'm down for that, but I prefer the sale because I can kind of buy it on my own terms, lol... I hate having to wait for weeks and weeks because we're waiting for 3 or 4 more people to cough up $380.

stuntninmycaddy
02-12-14, 10:52 AM
How much do you charge and what is the hp gain?

CodyD10985
02-12-14, 12:42 PM
I would also be interested in knowing this, along with the 0-60 decrease in time.