: Weird media gateway problem

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 12:51 AM
Ok so I go to a local store the whole way there the radio works fine on the media gateway(playing from my iPod)

When I got back in the truck to leave the parking lot the radio goes dead for a few seconds(no time display nothing (I know if the media gateway is disconnected it can cause the radio to act the same way)then reboots as if the key had been turned off and back on

But I am wondering if this a warning that the unit may fail later on or what(I didn't notice if the clock was affected or not as I was pulling out on the road and couldn't look at the clock to see)
I have the touch screen nav radio

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 12:03 PM
Bump anyone?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-08-13, 02:24 PM
The Cadillac Man, would you consider visiting your Cadillac dealership for service? I understand that you're looking for other owners' opinions, but I also wanted to let you know Customer Service is available to locate the dealer options in your area and contact them for you if you wish. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 02:45 PM
The Cadillac Man, would you consider visiting your Cadillac dealership for service? I understand that you're looking for other owners' opinions, but I also wanted to let you know Customer Service is available to locate the dealer options in your area and contact them for you if you wish. My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie

I didn't have it installed at my local dealer thanks for the offer though

Ps how do I get a option print out for my truck?

wesyder
03-08-13, 02:53 PM

Yeah the dealer would remove it leave it on the seat and charge you diag north of $100

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-08-13, 03:50 PM

Thanks for clarifying, Cadillac Man! If you would like me to send you you a copy of your build sheet, then please send me the last eight of your VIN to the email address above. I'm happy to help where I can!

Best,

Katie

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 05:11 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Cadillac Man! If you would like me to send you you a copy of your build sheet, then please send me the last eight of your VIN to the email address above. I'm happy to help where I can!

Best,

Katie

Ok will do
As far as the media gateway I am going to remove it to see if its my radio or just the gateway(the radio acts like it looses data connection yet the clock never resets and the radio shows the Cadillac logo at reboot)

----------

Yeah the dealer would remove it leave it on the seat and charge you diag north of $100

So true but I need to find out what's wrong or if the unit is failing(seems like it is)