: Wheel Well Liner

CarolinaCaddy
03-07-13, 07:55 PM
Ok, so I am new to this class of vehicle and Cadillac. While giving my ATS its first bath I noticed that the wheel wells seem lined with some sort of fabric like material. I am sure this has something to do with sound deadening. However, I was wondering if the material holds up well in the long run for anyone who may have had this kind of material on a vehicle before? I am just so used to either plastic or a rhino lining type material that this one has me stumped. I would be interested in your comments. Thanks fellow ATS'ers!

Dave3283
03-07-13, 08:55 PM
I had a 2006 Jetta 2.0t, it also had fabric. No problem for fours years here in Ontario.

Its an ATS
03-07-13, 10:53 PM
Ok, so I am new to this class of vehicle and Cadillac. While giving my ATS its first bath I noticed that the wheel wells seem lined with some sort of fabric like material. I am sure this has something to do with sound deadening. However, I was wondering if the material holds up well in the long run for anyone who may have had this kind of material on a vehicle before? I am just so used to either plastic or a rhino lining type material that this one has me stumped. I would be interested in your comments. Thanks fellow ATS'ers!

Sound deadening. Asked the same question. With the ATS it shouldn't be an issue. Some of my Dad's company trucks have the same fabric like inner finders. They have lots of issues when going through muddy areas. The mud cakes on, weighs it down, and the material comes apart.

CarolinaCaddy
03-08-13, 07:41 AM
So if the material gets wet during a rainstorm on the highway can it conceivable weigh down the vehicle to the point where it reduces gas mileage?

Its an ATS
03-08-13, 09:35 AM
So if the material gets wet during a rainstorm on the highway can it conceivable weigh down the vehicle to the point where it reduces gas mileage?

Maybe a negligible amount...

rustybear3
03-08-13, 12:47 PM
I will say, if you happen to hit a chuckhole, the material will bounce up and in between your shocks, causing an annoying squeaking! Have to pull it physically down, to solve problem.