: 2000 Escalade Starting issues any advice?

SpeedinBitch
03-07-13, 07:09 PM
The past few months I have been having issues when starting my truck. It takes at least 3 to 5 times of turning over until it finally starts. I have replaced the fuel filter and put Sea Foam in my tank thinking that maybe I had dirty fuel injectors. There were a few times that I had to use Starter fluid to get it to start. My next step is to buy a fuel pressure regulator. Any other suggestion as to what could be causing this? Has anyone else had this issue?

the cadillac man
03-07-13, 09:01 PM
The past few months I have been having issues when starting my truck. It takes at least 3 to 5 times of turning over until it finally starts. I have replaced the fuel filter and put Sea Foam in my tank thinking that maybe I had dirty fuel injectors. There were a few times that I had to use Starter fluid to get it to start. My next step is to buy a fuel pressure regulator. Any other suggestion as to what could be causing this? Has anyone else had this issue?

Are there any lights that stay on(eg thrift lock light) if yes then it may be electronic if not then it may be the injectors (better off replacing them then cleaning them)

SpeedinBitch
03-08-13, 12:27 AM
No lights are staying on. But now I am having a new issue arise. When I roll up or down my windows the lights flicker so now I'm thinking there might be a short somewhere. And just this evening when I went to start my truck the clock was set at the wrong time. I am hoping that its not a computer issue if that's the case I might as well invest in another Cadi :\

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 12:40 AM
No lights are staying on. But now I am having a new issue arise. When I roll up or down my windows the lights flicker so now I'm thinking there might be a short somewhere. And just this evening when I went to start my truck the clock was set at the wrong time. I am hoping that its not a computer issue if that's the case I might as well invest in another Cadi :\

Sounds like the bcm connections it is under the dash next to the steering column if the connections ain't the case then most likely the bcm is starting to fail(which clock are you talking about if its the one on the radio then I see the relation)

Also even if you replace the bcm its still cheaper then another truck

Here is a parts site www.rockauto.com

Of course this can be a loose or bad ground so check every possibility before making a expensive decision like this

(Ps my radio went black on me tonight as I was driving but I think it's because of my media gateway)