: [Q] 2008 Cadillac Sub Enclosure

MannyCTS
03-07-13, 05:32 PM
Hey guys I know I will get blasted for this, but I am looking for someone who can build a custom sub enclosure similar to this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-03-07-Cadillac-CTS-Sub-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Box-Concept-Enclosures-/260840850018?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3cbb538262&vxp=mtr

I would need it to fit against the rear seat of an 08 CTS, I've already tapped the signal from the stock bose amp (pain in the rear) and have an amp mounter on the side panel Kenwood Excelon 500.1.

Problem is I need this box made for a single JL 13wv3-4 ohm recommended sealed volume is 1.5 cu ft but 10-15% larger is fine according to the JL rep. I can't find shop that makes them. I am strictly in this for SQ so I am wanting a sealed enclosure. If you guys can assist me with a link or phone number of a shop that can build and ship it, I would forever be greatful!

Thanks again for all your help, best community I have been a part of!

RippyPartsDept
03-07-13, 05:47 PM
check this out
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/225691-here-we-go-again-d.html

current pictures in the last few posts (check the dates)

MannyCTS
03-07-13, 05:55 PM
I love the work bro! Honestly though I'm a 28 yr old with the mind of a 60 yr old. Not really needing the lighting and such and just would like it carpeted and as narrow as possible (front to back) to save trunk space but still sound great! I have the gain turned down pretty low and the sub is only getting 300 watts of clean rms power. Just would like a slick box pushed as close to the rear seat as possible.

RippyPartsDept
03-07-13, 06:01 PM
i didn't do that ... i just ran across it a half hour before reading your post though

bluehaze is the mastermind behind that thread ...

MannyCTS
03-08-13, 09:36 AM
Aw ok i gotcha! It looks nice though, just a bit too much flare for me. Im surprised i haven't gotten any shops advice or anything on this work as many audiophiles there are here.

RippyPartsDept
03-08-13, 10:08 AM
this audio sub-forum (as goes with many of the sub-forums here) are not very well travelled

many people seem to just go to the forum for their model car and stay in there never even knowing about the many other areas of the forum

MannyCTS
03-08-13, 10:40 AM
Go figure here i am trying to do the right thing. I guess i should go post this in there as well but dang thats gonna make someone really mad i know it.

RippyPartsDept
03-08-13, 11:24 AM
yeah ... it's a risk ... maybe just post a new thread with a question like "so how many people actually browse other subforums like audio/video/security" and then mention how you've posted this thread (link to it) and that it seems like nobody's even viewing it

KyZiX
03-08-13, 02:17 PM
This may sound silly, but did you look into the store of the link you provided MannyCTS (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=175475)? I don't know how much better you are going to do price wise than 150 bucks. I mean, it sounds very worth it if you don't want to build and carpet the box yourself.