: 2005 Mustang Interior Options Canned

DopeStar 156
01-05-05, 12:12 AM
Apparently today my dad got a call about his Mustang saying that a few options were discontinued. Ford pulled the plug on the My Color instruments with color changing instruments, the unpolished chrome dashpad, and the side airbag which were part of an interior package. Now ok, the color display I can see, because there's a lawsuit over the patent, the chrome dashpad I don't get because it has nothing to do with the pending lawsuit, and the side airbag is just stupid. Why delete a safety feature if there's no problem with it? That just makes zero sence to me. Ford is slipping again.

Sandy
01-05-05, 12:44 AM
What's the lawsuit about over the change color instruments ?????

Msilva954
01-05-05, 01:04 AM
Some guy claims he invented it...psh

Are you sure they are discontinuing it all......I read that they were stopping sales because production cant keep up right now.

EDIT: I looked it up at a forum I frequent......it is not discontinued (the colorIP) there is a law suit but it will probably go to Fords side_____now the 2 varibles are 1) Shortsupply.and you have to slow the whole package down not just the ColorIP and 2)Christmas has stopped production from suppliers causeing certain things to conflict eachother.....this happens with alot of auto makers during this time of the year......just you dont see it because they dont sell a hot seller like the mustang.

O...and as far as I can see from looking it up.....this is only for any car that is to be made in January....cars after this month should resume this package..18G i think its called officially.

DopeStar 156
01-05-05, 02:16 AM
My dad's car is to be delivered sometime in the next couple of weeks, but what was told to him over the phone was the package "wasn't available" for his car so you're prolly right there. I just think that sucks that he won't have the interior package. What still makes zero sence is the delete of the side airbag.

Ralph
01-05-05, 03:21 AM
Please tell me your Dad is keeping the standard Bullitt "torque thrust" rims and not the fugly imo optional ones! :suspense:

What color??

Msilva954
01-05-05, 09:43 AM
IMO none of them match the styling of the car.........when we get ours we will upgrade to ultra light Centerlines....

Look into the Mustang Accessorie book...they have some really nice things such as bluetooth..but its not avail yet.

Ralph
01-05-05, 03:33 PM
IMO none of them match the styling of the car.........when we get ours we will upgrade to ultra light Centerlines....

CENTERLINES!!! :wtf: That's all I saw while cruising in the late 1980's! :disappoin Are they still in style??!!

If torque thrusts were good enough for Steve McQueen, they are good enough for me. ;)

I saw my first 2005 black GT Mustang while home on holidays and I must say, even in black, it looks incredible with the Bullitt mags! Even more retro looking with them IMO, as it complements the whole styling theme.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-05-05, 03:38 PM
torque thrusts are the only way to go on that car , esp chrome lipped and greyd ceneter section

Ralph
01-05-05, 03:43 PM
torque thrusts are the only way to go on that car , esp chrome lipped and greyd ceneter section

AMEN brother! :coolgleam

Stoneage_Caddy
01-05-05, 03:49 PM
brother ? but my dad hates canadein women !!!!

say it aint so !!!! lol

Ralph
01-05-05, 03:53 PM
AMEN BRO? :hide:

Stoneage_Caddy
01-05-05, 03:56 PM
lol ......

Ralph
01-05-05, 07:10 PM
Here's a good pic of the rims and an article on the new convertible.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7891

slk230mb
01-05-05, 07:14 PM
Those rims are badass, and this mustang looks awesome in yellow.

Msilva954
01-05-05, 08:32 PM
Im partial to FR500 rims too..........black with a machined lip is awsome...but cant find a pic.

http://www.steeda.ca/images/products/545_l.gif

Or Centerlines like I said...these look pretty good.

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/images/wheels/813_CORONA_hi_451x421.jpg

Ralph
01-05-05, 08:37 PM
Im partial to FR500 rims too..........black with a machined lip is awsome...but cant find a pic.

http://www.steeda.ca/images/products/545_l.gif

Or Centerlines like I said...these look pretty good.

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/images/wheels/813_CORONA_hi_451x421.jpg

Those are cool. I still prefer the torque thrusts. For some reason I was thinking of SST's, if they even still make those.

Crager SS's would be retro also.

Blackout
01-05-05, 08:39 PM
The problem with the interior upgrade option on the Mustang's is that all the parts ie, color changing display, and chrome accents are in such a high demand that Ford cannot keep up with the amount of orders for them. Back in november or decemberme and Katshot went out and test drove a new Mustang GT and were asking about the interior upgrade option and the guy said if you wanted to order one with the option that you wouldn't see it until february or march. So who ever told your dad that those parts were discontinued had their facts incorrect

DopeStar 156
01-06-05, 01:51 AM
I dunno, if there was a shortage of parts wouldn't they just delay production until they're made? It's such an odd turn of events.

Msilva954
01-06-05, 08:22 AM
I dunno, if there was a shortage of parts wouldn't they just delay production until they're made? It's such an odd turn of events.
NOOOO because they can get away in most cases by telling the buyer he has to either pick another option package or wait even longer.......in this case it sounds as though its either pick another package or forget bout getting the car......but hey....if they have the capacity to build other types they might as well....or they would loose sales.

The mustang is on its way to being a 125k a yr car this year.

HotRodSaint
01-06-05, 02:11 PM

They are car salesman. Their job is to sell one more car before they get fired and go work for the Kia dealership.

If you ordered it, and signed a contract and you are willing to wait, walk away from it.