: Long time no see

Blackout
01-04-05, 10:35 PM
Figured I'd stop by and see how many people from back in the day were still here and was amazed to see that there are quite a few still here. Things seem the same except for the name of the website. But I'll probably stop by here more often. But I know what everybody wants to know and that is how my Caddy is doing. And she is doing pretty good. But once spring rolls around it is looking like she's going to be history though. I'm thinking maybe Buick Regal GS, but who knows. I need to test drive a few cars yet and narrow the list down.

illumina
01-04-05, 11:49 PM
welcome back. a buick regal GS? aren't those supercharged? they're nice cars for what they are.

i will also be looking for a new car soon. i am keeping the '91 seville though, as she is going turbo when i get my other rides up and running.

this summer i am likely to buy one of the following:

dodge magnum R/T,
ford mustang GT,
pontiac GTO,
trans-am WS6,
cadillac deville DTS.

all of the aforementioned cars should be on the pre-owned market this summer, while still under warranty. i shouldn't have to dump more than 25K when i do get one...but we'll see if i do or if i'll wait until a little later.

i am also considering finding a mid-late '70's thunderbird, caprice (impala), cougar, or coupe deville. these cars will have to be considerably cheaper though as they're gas hogs...and i don't intend for them to be a daily driver.

DaveSmed
01-05-05, 12:28 AM
Have you looked around the Auto Donation center on Business 1? Every once in a while they have something really nice in there. Usually gone within a day or two though, so drop by often. I've seen some good deals in there......

illumina
01-05-05, 12:49 AM
Have you looked around the Auto Donation center on Business 1? Every once in a while they have something really nice in there. Usually gone within a day or two though, so drop by often. I've seen some good deals in there......

business 1? never heard of it.

davesdeville
01-05-05, 01:01 AM
You again :suspect: ..... :suspect:

Ralph
01-05-05, 02:35 AM
Dude!! Welcome back! You were away?? :sneaky: ;)

How many miles on that nice Firemist Deville.

RBraczyk
01-05-05, 06:37 AM
Welcome back. :)

Blackout
01-05-05, 07:23 PM
Dude!! Welcome back! You were away?? :sneaky: ;)

How many miles on that nice Firemist Deville.188,xxx miles on it and she's still looking and running as if she came off the showroom floor :cool:

Blackout
01-05-05, 07:24 PM
Have you looked around the Auto Donation center on Business 1? Every once in a while they have something really nice in there. Usually gone within a day or two though, so drop by often. I've seen some good deals in there......You talking about the place next to Just Tires? I used to stop by there on my breaks back when I worked at Just Tires and every once in awhile they got a half way decent car but like you said they don't stay there too often

illumina
01-05-05, 07:27 PM
my bad...i though it was some online place.

DaveSmed
01-05-05, 11:03 PM
You talking about the place next to Just Tires? I used to stop by there on my breaks back when I worked at Just Tires and every once in awhile they got a half way decent car but like you said they don't stay there too often

Thats the one. Any car they don't move within a given block of time ends up in Pick-a-Part oddly enough. Kinda interesting seeing junkyard cars with window stickers....

Night Wolf
01-06-05, 01:23 AM
welcome back :)

DopeStar 156
01-06-05, 02:47 AM
What I always remember about you is your avatar... that black face thing stands out in my mind.... Welcome back.

Blackout
01-06-05, 04:50 PM
What I always remember about you is your avatar... that black face thing stands out in my mind.... Welcome back.figured it went well with my screen name