: '06 Performance package brakes

Andrew224
03-07-13, 02:03 PM
Can someone chime in and let me know if the front rotors and pads for an '06 DTS w/ Performance package are different dimensions from the non-performance models. I was looking at AC Delco / Durastop ceramic pads and rotors on RockAuto and they don't differentiate other than heavy duty commercial (8 lug) brakes and 5 lug brakes. I don't want to order the wrong parts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew Armitage

Submariner409
03-07-13, 02:35 PM
Enter the VIN for the car into www.compnine.com. That will give you the RPO list and in that will be the brake type. If it's not a commercial limousine package it has the standard brakes.

Andrew224
03-07-13, 03:26 PM
Enter the VIN for the car into www.compnine.com. That will give you the RPO list and in that will be the brake type. If it's not a commercial limousine package it has the standard brakes.

I got it, code JL9 brakes. I would have thought the performance package would have larger brakes than the non-performance package (of course not the J55 limo brakes which are a whole different animal).

Pretty cool site. Thanks for the info.

Andrew Armitage

r1concepts
03-07-13, 06:55 PM
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on brakes and I'd be glad to help you out.

Andrew224
03-08-13, 01:04 AM
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions on brakes and I'd be glad to help you out.

Thanks for the offer. This time around I'm having the rotors cut. Next time around, I'll look you up. I purchased a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors for my Infiniti M45 5 or 6 years ago from your company on eBay and was very happy with how they performed and how they made my car look.

Andrew Armitage