: 2014 cts.....

BEarle
03-07-13, 01:16 PM
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/03/2014-cadillac-cts-gets-rendered/

RAB
03-07-13, 03:07 PM
Interesting rendering. I wonder how accurate it is.
Thanks for the link, BEarle. Below is the full image from leftlanenews.com:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg195/RAB_2008/cts-illo_1035_zps572f18d5.jpg

gohawks63
03-07-13, 03:43 PM
Interesting rendering. I wonder how accurate it is.
Thanks for the link, BEarle. Below is the full image from leftlanenews.com:

I like it well enough. It has a familial resemblance to the ATS and XTS which isn't a bad thing. I still would like to see pictures of the back. The picture posted a few weeks back looked a little plain in my opinion.

I still hope they plan on building a coupe. That is the car that got me to the brand and while this rendering looks good, it wouldn't prevent me from cross-shopping other cars.

CTSCHICK
03-07-13, 03:46 PM
Looks like a safe & bland design
Hopefully it has the more aggressive looking V shaped grill like the spy shots if not then it will probably just be a bigger ATS
ATS looks great but I wouldn't want to be looking at both of them and saying to myself do I want a bigger or smaller version of the same car

snofun3
03-07-13, 06:30 PM
It loses the great edge that the CTS had for me. The creased look was so novel and unique. Looks like they're back to the jelly bean look.

The electric car looks fantastic, too bad that isn't the new CTS if it was a bit larger.

next2pool
03-07-13, 08:04 PM
This is more or less an STS replacement, which is OK with me.

RAB
03-07-13, 08:36 PM
^ Yep. The 2014 CTS is essentially a new STS. They should probably call it that, rather than altering the concept of what a "CTS" is / represents.

928S
03-07-13, 08:40 PM
Looks like GM decided to aim at Lincoln, or even its own Buick Div, rather
than segment leader BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes Benz...

BEarle
03-08-13, 11:11 AM
I like the front end of the car but it looses style from the front doors towards the back. It's just so plain. Lets see what it will look like in person.

snofun3
03-08-13, 11:31 AM
Looks like GM decided to aim at Lincoln, or even its own Buick Div, rather
than segment leader BMW, Audi, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus, Mercedes Benz...

Sadly I agree.

Lincoln is now relegated to changing its name to try to convey a higher level image - what a waste of time. They should take Caddy's cue and produce better products than the MKwhatevers (does anyone really know which one is which?), which made Caddy a brand I considered and bought again, rather than rebadge a Fusion (attractively however).

This design has none of the cutting edge design that the 08- CTS shows. This new one was supposed to be a 5 series fighter. Well, umm, not from the outside anyway.

Caddy did a great job with the ATS against the 3. Like said above, let's see what it looks like in person, but from the picture I won't be running to a showroom to check it out.