: if you could have any car...what would it be?

djais1801
03-07-13, 10:34 AM
i would have the original luxury sport ute pick up...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ivandrew/ku-large_zpsad66e0dc.jpg

Jophusp
03-07-13, 04:22 PM
Depends man, 1969 Camaro SS, 1977 Pontiac Firebird, 2006 Pearl white Escalade EXT, 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2012 Corvette ZR1, and my 2003 Cadillac Escalade XS-500. I love my car man. Im happy.

djais1801
03-07-13, 07:30 PM
i never even knew there was a supercharged version Escalade until i joined this site! Yeah the 69 SS would be a sweet deal

the cadillac man
03-07-13, 09:57 PM
i never even knew there was a supercharged version Escalade until i joined this site! Yeah the 69 SS would be a sweet deal

Yep there was a supercharged version of the escalade its just hard to find

sprink60
03-07-13, 10:05 PM
A 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS-6 460 Horse 4 speed.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww52/sprink49/LS-6_zpsb3576c38.jpg

I had one this color combination when I was in college...loved it. The car ran mid 12's all day ..every day with A/C, Power Windows and Power Brakes. Not super fast by todays standards but there is NOTHING like 454 Cu In of Big Block Chevrolet winding to 6500 RPM thru the gears to get you going!!!

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 12:07 AM
A trans am like the kitt car

If I went old school it would be a 69 dodge charger like the general lee(my 79 Chrysler cordoba has a smiler drive train)

mikedyk43
03-08-13, 12:22 AM
49 Mercury will be a restoration/customization project for me one day... I hope.
http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u669/mikedyk43/Img0179_zps4c5e0967.jpg

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 01:04 AM
49 Mercury will be a restoration/customization project for me one day... I hope.

Someone I know has a car like that nice project car you will have a lot of work ahead of you but it will be worth the work(I know as my cordoba is my restoration/customization project now but I am almost done it will look factory but will have my personal touch (1300 watt audio system slightly, darker carpet, two tone seats) on the inside I may do a custom pinstripe(not sure))

djais1801
03-08-13, 10:20 AM
Someone I know has a car like that nice project car you will have a lot of work ahead of you but it will be worth the work(I know as my cordoba is my restoration/customization project now but I am almost done it will look factory but will have my personal touch (1300 watt audio system slightly, darker carpet, two tone seats) on the inside I may do a custom pinstripe(not sure))
they're always projects...my 71 Roadrunner clone is a work in progress..just put a fresh 400 in her, now working on the rear before the cruise season starts.

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 01:00 PM
they're always projects...my 71 Roadrunner clone is a work in progress..just put a fresh 400 in her, now working on the rear before the cruise season starts.

That reminds me I will have to check the drive train before I drive the car as its been sitting this long(I plan on changing the fluids before any driving)

If I can only get the &$@* brake booster out(got the bolts loose just can't get the linkage loose)
I would just have to wait on the seats and then get the paint

djais1801
03-08-13, 02:20 PM
That reminds me I will have to check the drive train before I drive the car as its been sitting this long(I plan on changing the fluids before any driving)

If I can only get the &$@* brake booster out(got the bolts loose just can't get the linkage loose)
I would just have to wait on the seats and then get the paint
i only put about 600 miles on the motor since rebuild..can't wait for spring!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ivandrew/71%20satellite/2012-04-14115820.jpg

skills2005
03-08-13, 04:34 PM
Bugatti

skills2005
03-08-13, 04:35 PM
Bugatti

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 06:08 PM
i only put about 600 miles on the motor since rebuild..can't wait for spring!

Wow um what's with the yellow high beams?

djais1801
03-08-13, 06:38 PM
Wow um what's with the yellow high beams?
it's a rallye look...big with the 66-69's its a krylon spray paint $8.

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 07:43 PM
it's a rallye look...big with the 66-69's its a krylon spray paint $8.

Oh ok just don't see that look on many in my area but its different

wake
03-08-13, 08:48 PM
1970 Buick GSX
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hMEtS_Os6K0/UF4dIZwkwtI/AAAAAAAACCc/oEAP3cywmKY/s1600/1970-buick-gsx.jpg

the cadillac man
03-08-13, 09:44 PM
1970 Buick GSX

I seen one just like yours at a car show lately really nice car

YoshiMan
03-08-13, 09:45 PM
1930's Cadillac V16 models, or a Delorean for sure!!

RoadrunnerRod
03-09-13, 01:21 AM
My dream car would be my 70 Plymouth Roadrunner project car... but finished! lol Had it since I was 18, 17 years later it's still in the works, slowly working on it here and there when I get a chance :)

the cadillac man
03-09-13, 01:51 AM
My dream car would be my 70 Plymouth Roadrunner project car... but finished! lol Had it since I was 18, 17 years later it's still in the works, slowly working on it here and there when I get a chance :)

Rod I am working on my car(79 Chrysler cordoba) and love to work slow as I want to get the work done right the first time so when I am done it will be right from one end to the other.

(Heck I spent two weeks installing the audio system and three days putting in new carpet
Not sure when I will get the seats done and the engine work done but its fun

RoadrunnerRod
03-09-13, 02:09 AM
I hear ya there, I'm the same way! Want this Roadrunner right, something that I could pass on to my kids way in the future!

You're working on a 79 Cordoba? That's pretty cool, years ago I had one as my daily driver. It was a 77, with the manual crank moonroof. Bought it for $500 off a friend mainly for the engine (it had a big block 400 4bbl in it), with a 727 tranny. Was going to pull the engine out and throw it in the Roadrunner to get it running to drive from where it was stored up to where I live now, but the day before I was going to pull the engine I crashed my daily driver (a 91 mustang gt.) So, the Cordoba became my main car for a couple years instead of just a parts car! lol Sadly, though, it was in horrible shape, super rusty (to the point the rear leaf springs popped through the trunk floor, so we just welded in big plates to the floor and frame to bolt them back into!) Eventually I parked it and parted it out, kept the engine, tranny, and wheels for myself, and sold most of the rest of it to a guy from Canada I was talking with on a mopar chat site. Guess he was restoring a similar Cordoba, it was memorable to me because he drove all the way down here and back in a beat up Chevy Corsica with a crappy homemade trailer to pick up his parts! lol

the cadillac man
03-09-13, 04:03 AM
I hear ya there, I'm the same way! Want this Roadrunner right, something that I could pass on to my kids way in the future!

You're working on a 79 Cordoba? That's pretty cool, years ago I had one as my daily driver. It was a 77, with the manual crank moonroof. Bought it for $500 off a friend mainly for the engine (it had a big block 400 4bbl in it), with a 727 tranny. Was going to pull the engine out and throw it in the Roadrunner to get it running to drive from where it was stored up to where I live now, but the day before I was going to pull the engine I crashed my daily driver (a 91 mustang gt.) So, the Cordoba became my main car for a couple years instead of just a parts car! lol Sadly, though, it was in horrible shape, super rusty (to the point the rear leaf springs popped through the trunk floor, so we just welded in big plates to the floor and frame to bolt them back into!) Eventually I parked it and parted it out, kept the engine, tranny, and wheels for myself, and sold most of the rest of it to a guy from Canada I was talking with on a mopar chat site. Guess he was restoring a similar Cordoba, it was memorable to me because he drove all the way down here and back in a beat up Chevy Corsica with a crappy homemade trailer to pick up his parts! lol

I wish you would have kept the hood as mine has been hail damaged(I dread the shop bill to get them worked out)other then that the car is solid from top to bottom though the surface rust is starting to get to it so I guess I will be getting the primer sooner then I thought

Ps this was my first car also metallic sun-fire green with green landau roof and interior and I was 16 I and 24 now

djais1801
03-09-13, 06:09 PM

You're working on a 79 Cordoba? That's pretty cool, years ago I had one as my daily driver. It was a 77, with the manual crank moonroof. Bought it for $500 off a friend mainly for the engine (it had a big block 400 4bbl in it), with a 727 tranny. Was going to pull the engine out and throw it in the Roadrunner to get it running to drive from where it was stored up to where I live now, but the day before I was going to pull the engine I crashed my daily driver (a 91 mustang gt.) So, the Cordoba became my main car for a couple years instead of just a parts car! lol Sadly, though, it was in horrible shape, super rusty (to the point the rear leaf springs popped through the trunk floor, so we just welded in big plates to the floor and frame to bolt them back into!) Eventually I parked it and parted it out, kept the engine, tranny, and wheels for myself, and sold most of the rest of it to a guy from Canada I was talking with on a mopar chat site. Guess he was restoring a similar Cordoba, it was memorable to me because he drove all the way down here and back in a beat up Chevy Corsica with a crappy homemade trailer to pick up his parts! lol good to see some fellow MoPars on here..there's a forum for those too...it has great info/parts/etc..www.forbbodiesonly.com Love to see some pics of the 70 RR!!

----------

1930's Cadillac V16 models, or a Delorean for sure!! check this one out from a local cruise night near me
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ivandrew/car%20shows/029.jpg[COLOR="Silver"]

----------