: New to the CTS-V world.

onebadcadi
03-07-13, 03:33 AM
welp just picked up my 2005 CTS-V last week from colorado. and so far i am in LOVE with the car!. this is my first fast v8 car. kind have been in the duramax world the last few years...YUCK. i already have done a muffler delete and a CAGS eliminator is on the way. i already have noticed the axle hop issues and will be ordering axles sometime soonish. but i am not too worried about that yet cause im trying to baby the car. minus those items what are the major parts/upgrades people seem to do to the V's? and who here is in montana?

rand49er
03-07-13, 10:20 AM
Welcome! And congrats on your new ride!

... what are the major parts/upgrades people seem to do to the V's? ...How many miles do you have? If the fluids haven't been done recently (especially the hydraulic clutch), I'd do them all ASAP just for a start. Lot of guys do bushings, but my theory is if the OEM bushing is still okay, let it ride till it fails. After that, it depends on what you want ... more power, a cooler look, or both. What's your budget?

onebadcadi
03-07-13, 10:46 AM
I have 71 k on it right now . the dealer gave me reciepts for a full service. so that probably means oil change and filter. haha . i will be doing that again this weekend and possibly clutch fluid. im done with looks for now. i forgot to include i already smoked the rear tailights. installed 55w 6k hid fogs/leds all around. and i have a very decent budget. SSgt in the Airforce and have been saving for this beast for a year now. lol

Chris Cornett
03-07-13, 12:32 PM
Big difference between a V and a Duramax lol. Both are awesome for doing what they are intended for. Good luck and welcome.

Skidmarcx
03-07-13, 02:46 PM
Welcome and Grats on the purchase!

rand49er
03-07-13, 04:06 PM
... What's your budget?These are code words for, "What's your marital status?" Regardless, sounds like you're set for money. Good.

If you want to do some performance mods, then the ques becomes will you be tracking quite a bit or is this mainly for street fun? To me, tracking means (primarily) head & cam plus headers. Street to me means either H&C plus headers OR forced induction plus headers. If you just want to sound good, then exhaust plus headers.

NCOGNITO
03-12-13, 01:19 PM
... "What's your budget?"

These are code words for, "What's your marital status?"

BWHAHAHAHA! Isn't that the TRUTH!

onebadcadi
03-13-13, 04:27 AM
haha very true! uhh im divorced. never making that mistake again! . so no wife to ask to spend money LOL!

V for victory
03-13-13, 09:12 PM
Welcome SSGT, first enjoy your new found V8 power before dumping wads of cash, it's fast now but soon it will no longer feel that way, then it's time to MOD. haha