: horrible timing, service TC and brake assist just poped up..

boomys10
03-06-13, 03:30 PM
so i have the two lights on the dash and no codes thrown. something i should be concerned about or no? have a trip to chicago this weekend that i cant reschedule.. any ideas? last time i had that i was the brake pads, but they are all new now.. and no werid noises and car isnt asking werid at all..

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-07-13, 10:07 AM
Boomys10, what model year STS-V do you have? If you send me the last eight of your VIN via private message, I'm happy to check my resources for any relevant information. For more immediate assistance, since I know you have a weekend trip planned, I recommend contacting your Cadillac dealer to also bring your concerns to their attention and get their technical input on the subject.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

boomys10
03-07-13, 10:32 AM
thanks for the help katie, but dont have time to mess with the dealer. and am working until 9pm and wont be able to get vin until after that.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-07-13, 11:44 AM
I can understand that, boomys10. In that case, I hope the community chimes in soon with feedback for you and am available in the future whenever you would like me to research concerns for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

TimmyC
03-07-13, 07:40 PM
Could easily be a wheel speed sensor. Scan the codes at Autozone or something. I would not worry about driving it.

boomys10
03-08-13, 11:25 AM
im not worried about it, and autozone said no codes. as did my friends scanner. so i think the dealer will have to scan it, but gotta wait and deal with it later.

----------

thanks for input though timmy

carter's_sts
03-08-13, 06:50 PM
For some reason a lot of scan tools don't read ABS codes. For what it's worth, I had a Chevy Trailblazer do that exact thing and it was a bad steering wheel sensor for the ABS system.

It drove fine, just no ABS or TC until it was fixed.

boomys10
03-09-13, 11:00 AM
the abs and traction control all still work even when the lights are on. i took it out last night and drove it hard and the lights where on, made launching it from any speed hard since i wouldnt choose with or without traction control, but the brakes worked fine. heard a slight metal on metal sound at the night end, so im thinking its the freaking pads, AGAIN.. not sure how they could alrdy be gone, but who knows. gunna look into the steering wheel issue and the sensors though, maybe my boys retarded expense scanner will find the code its throwing. last step before dealer.

todrules
03-09-13, 11:32 AM
I had an intermittent abs light on my expedition that required a specific scan tool that is only for ford abs systems that I ended up buying for about 60 dollars or so. I'm sure a tech II would probably sniff the code as well, but lets face it us DIYers don't usually have them. A trip to the dealer to have it properly scanned might not be a bad idea, it could and I only say could keep you from spending a fortune playing parts changer. I have taken my previous vechicles to dealers to have the issue properly diagnosed paid the 80 or whatever dollars and made the repairs myself. It's not so much the money to me as the time.

boomys10
03-09-13, 11:58 AM
i wish it were 80. they want 190 to just put in the on the tech2.. then i get hit with there hourly to diagnose. i dont mind spending money, but would rather stick with friends first (as alot of my friends are car nuts and do have multithousand dollar scanner, and full shops in the house garage) just dont like dealing with the caddy dealer personally. they arent bad ppl, but good freakin high priced.

todrules
03-09-13, 01:13 PM
Yeah 190 is ridiculous, I don't blame you one bit!