: What accessories would you like to see for your ATS?

turbo2.0
03-06-13, 10:49 AM
I make no effort to hide the fact that while I am a very happy ATS owner, I am also the Accessory Supervisor at a nonsponsoring Cadillac dealership. I really like to use the forum to find new ideas for what our Cadillac customers are looking for and would really appreciate any comments or ideas of what you would like to see offered or just simple add ons for your new vehicle. Also if what accessories or factory pieces have you retrofitted to your vehicle?

Its an ATS
03-06-13, 11:20 AM
I make no effort to hide the fact that while I am a very happy ATS owner, I am also the Accessory Supervisor at a nonsponsoring Cadillac dealership. I really like to use the forum to find new ideas for what our Cadillac customers are looking for and would really appreciate any comments or ideas of what you would like to see offered or just simple add ons for your new vehicle. Also if what accessories or factory pieces have you retrofitted to your vehicle?

I added the D3 wing. I am looking for pictures of the GM body kit for the ATS. No one seems to be able to find an example for me. Also would like to see some nice color matched splash guards... The side of my ATS gets covered with road dirt after any type of precipitation.

turbo2.0
03-06-13, 11:39 AM
I am not sure that the GM body kit will ever exist, things have a habit of staying on the "future part" list all the way until their death. The problem with waiting on the GM accessories these days is that by the time part comes out the aftermarket companies already have tons of product out there at a much better price! So far we have done ok with TSW wheels, but the $4k price tag that comes with the GM accessories is killing me. We had a customer looking at them, but they were going to raise the price of his lease $160 a month on a base 2.5! Obviously we would love to be able to offer all of the cool stuff that D3 has, but I'm starting to question if or when we are going to see any of their stuff released. BMW has their Dinan vehicles, and if GM intends to compete with them we are going to need to see some performance options quick like!

mikesul
03-06-13, 12:05 PM
Would like a factory performance tune upgrade(ala Solstice/Sky), a fog light kit, maybe body color doorhandles.

Hoosier Daddy
03-06-13, 12:16 PM
Would like a factory performance tune upgrade
+1

The CLA will have a ~340 HP 2.0 turbo option. Hopefully the GM 2.0 has strong enough internals to handle that with a tune (GM or aftermarket).

turbo2.0
03-06-13, 12:36 PM
I got a little impatient waiting on a tune from GM and installed the Trifecta this weekend, worth every penny. I am calling at least once a week to talk to my guy at D3 for the intake system, but the product is not currently pretty enough to send out. Has anyone had any luck actually talking to anyone at KPE? It seems like everytime I call up there nobody answers and nobody ever calls me back. The body colored door handles would be cool, but if they were done as accessory option I would imagine they would be upwards of $600+ installed just because of dealship labor hour pricing. I know it might not be the exact fog light option that you would want, but have you seen the new E&G mesh bezels with the fog light like LED?

mikesul
03-06-13, 06:08 PM
I got a little impatient waiting on a tune from GM and installed the Trifecta this weekend, worth every penny. I am calling at least once a week to talk to my guy at D3 for the intake system, but the product is not currently pretty enough to send out. Has anyone had any luck actually talking to anyone at KPE? It seems like everytime I call up there nobody answers and nobody ever calls me back. The body colored door handles would be cool, but if they were done as accessory option I would imagine they would be upwards of $600+ installed just because of dealship labor hour pricing. I know it might not be the exact fog light option that you would want, but have you seen the new E&G mesh bezels with the fog light like LED?

I did see them. Also like the black mesh grill.

Neuroleptic
03-06-13, 07:40 PM
Yes to the fog light/LED kit. How about a suede V-like shift knob? Short shift kit?

hood101010
03-06-13, 08:25 PM
I am patiently...patiently...waiting for lowerings springs. D3, Eibach have some in development. My 3.6 performance has a terribly unsightful wheel gap and for a performance model it sits like a Camry. GM needs a set of lowering springs and should be able to offer those right away.

slepr
03-06-13, 10:54 PM
Also would like to see some nice color matched splash guards... The side of my ATS gets covered with road dirt after any type of precipitation.

Yes please!!! I asked for these the night I picked up my ATS back in mid December. Very disappointed that these are still not available. Every day more sand and salt get kicked up into the paint behind the wheels causing damage. :mad:

I would love a GMPP Turbo kit just like the one I have on my Solstice GXP Coupe.

isakhanyan
03-07-13, 01:07 AM
Yes to the fog light/LED kit. How about a suede V-like shift knob? Short shift kit?

I second that.

HandletheTruth
03-07-13, 05:44 AM
Lowering springs would reduce the "unsightfull" wheel gap; but do not want them to mess up the careful tuning of the Magnetic Ride Control suspension - would like this tuning to be done by GM engineers. Would also definitely buy an engine tune for the turbo if it retained the warranty. Blacked out mesh grille would be nice. Front shock mount tie bar. Cadillac emblem on steering wheel and grille that use black chrome.

hood101010
03-07-13, 09:41 AM
Lowering springs would reduce the "unsightfull" wheel gap; but do not want them to mess up the careful tuning of the Magnetic Ride Control suspension - would like this tuning to be done by GM engineers. Would also definitely buy an engine tune for the turbo if it retained the warranty. Blacked out mesh grille would be nice. Front shock mount tie bar. Cadillac emblem on steering wheel and grille that use black chrome.

I have a Performance model so no magnetic ride. Most units they will sell will not have magnetic ride. Reputable lowerings springs replacing stock springs nearly always improves the ride quality.