: Head lamp condensation and water penetration

djmcculley
03-05-13, 03:06 PM
My 2010 SRX-4 needs to have the front passenger head light replaced as it constantly has condensate and water inside. The dealer is great (as usual) and will split the expensive replacement cost as this had been going on for a while now and I am now over my initial warranty period. Has anyone experienced similar issues as there are no visible damage or degrading of rubber gaskets on inspection (not removed though)?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-05-13, 04:22 PM
Djmcculley, thanks for sharing your experience! I realize you're looking for other owners' opinions, so I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would ever like assistance working with your dealership regarding your concern. (I'm happy to document dealership feedback as well!) Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

stevec5375
03-05-13, 05:35 PM
My 2010 SRX-4 needs to have the front passenger head light replaced as it constantly has condensate and water inside. The dealer is great (as usual) and will split the expensive replacement cost as this had been going on for a while now and I am now over my initial warranty period. Has anyone experienced similar issues as there are no visible damage or degrading of rubber gaskets on inspection (not removed though)?

Yes, I have had the same problem one time with my driver's side headlight. I'm still under warranty though. I wish the passenger side would hurry up and do it before I'm out of warranty. My dealer isn't as nice as your and told me it would have cost $1,000 to replace out of warranty. I just love how these car manufacturers are able to build these cars so that they start tearing up about the time the warranty runs out. Talk about keeping the money flowing...

stevec5375
10-19-13, 03:32 PM
This morning my DIC reports "Check right low beam headlight". I get out to look and it's completely out. Not even a high beam. I go straight to the dealer and he reports that my complete right headlight assembly (the big clear thing) is getting replaced because it has water in it. I had the left one replaced a few months ago. Boy, am I glad this one went out before my warranty runs out in January.

I'm wondering how these things are getting water logged. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

zinner
10-19-13, 03:43 PM
Mine gets waterlogged too. Been to the dealer a few time. They report a drain is clogged.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-19-13, 09:13 PM
This morning my DIC reports "Check right low beam headlight". I get out to look and it's completely out. Not even a high beam. I go straight to the dealer and he reports that my complete right headlight assembly (the big clear thing) is getting replaced because it has water in it. I had the left one replaced a few months ago. Boy, am I glad this one went out before my warranty runs out in January.

I'm wondering how these things are getting water logged. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Hello stevec5375,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this issue on your SRX’s right headlight assembly after having it happen on the left assembly a few months ago. I am glad to hear that this repair was covered under your warranty. Please feel free to reach out to us via private message if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Mine gets waterlogged too. Been to the dealer a few time. They report a drain is clogged.
Hello zinner,

I apologize that you have had these issues with your headlight displays getting waterlogged as well. If you experience the issue again, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via private message so Laura or I can look into your situation for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain
10-20-13, 10:15 AM
Even if a drain is clogged in the headlight, there shouldn't be enough moisture getting into it to worry about draining, unless the seal is damaged or the housing is cracked somewhere.

stevec5375
10-20-13, 12:03 PM
Even if a drain is clogged in the headlight, there shouldn't be enough moisture getting into it to worry about draining, unless the seal is damaged or the housing is cracked somewhere.

Well, I have never had an accident in my SRX or bumped anything so one has to wonder how the seal was damaged or the housing cracked. Could it be that GM's parts suppliers are just poor quality materials? None of my last 3 vehicles has had as many things go wrong as this SRX.

zinner
10-20-13, 09:44 PM

You would think, but it's not the case, enough water collects to short out electrical components.

stevec5375
10-22-13, 12:52 PM
I heard back from my dealership on my right front headlight. They have had my SRX since Saturday morning and are still waiting on the headlight to come in. According to my service adviser, there are a lot of 2010 models with this problem and headlights for that MY are getting in short supply. So if you have the 2010 model you better hope yours fails before the warranty runs out. These puppies are expensive if paying out of pocket.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-22-13, 05:18 PM
I heard back from my dealership on my right front headlight. They have had my SRX since Saturday morning and are still waiting on the headlight to come in. According to my service adviser, there are a lot of 2010 models with this problem and headlights for that MY are getting in short supply. So if you have the 2010 model you better hope yours fails before the warranty runs out. These puppies are expensive if paying out of pocket.

Hello stevec5375,

Thank you for updating the thread on your current status. I apologize for any inconvenience this is while waiting for your headlight part to come in. Gregory and I are here to assist, so don't hesitate to contact us via private message if needed.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

stevec5375
10-24-13, 05:19 PM
Finally got my SRX back today. It was at the dealership from SATURDAY till till THURSDAY. Fortunately I had a loaner. The adviser told me the parts people kept ordering the left headlight instead of the right. So now, I have had both the right and left headlight assemblies replaced and the car has two months to go before it's out of warranty. I tend to keep cars for a long time so I'm wondering if I'm going to have this happen again 3.5 years down the road. I had my last Infiniti for 10 years and never had to replace anything like this.

On a positive note, the dealership did an extra special detailing of my car and it was all shiny and new. Just the way I like to keep it myself. I was grateful.

300:29:1
10-24-13, 05:29 PM
Finally got my SRX back today. It was at the dealership from SATURDAY till till THURSDAY. Fortunately I had a loaner. The adviser told me the parts people kept ordering the left headlight instead of the right. So now, I have had both the right and left headlight assemblies replaced and the car has two months to go before it's out of warranty. I tend to keep cars for a long time so I'm wondering if I'm going to have this happen again 3.5 years down the road. I had my last Infiniti for 10 years and never had to replace anything like this. On a positive note, the dealership did an extra special detailing of my car and it was all shiny and new. Just the way I like to keep it myself. I was grateful.
Glad you had a good experience Steve.

Jerry3149121213
11-07-13, 04:04 PM
The passenger side headlight quit working on my 2010 SRX last week. There's a lot of condensation in the headlight assembly. The service manager at the local Cadillac dealer told me the headlight assembly must have been bumped and the seal compromised. The cost to fix it is $1,250 plus 2 hours labor and tax. The car is within the time warranty but outside the mileage warranty. He was very clear that GM would not help me with this problem. I guess GM trains their dealers to blame all products that prove defective after the warranty expires on their customers. This is my third Cadillac and I've had more problems with this car than the other two combined. Does anyone know of a better option than to pay the dealer $1,500 to fix a defective part?

kpann
11-07-13, 04:57 PM
The passenger side headlight quit working on my 2010 SRX last week. There's a lot of condensation in the headlight assembly. The service manager at the local Cadillac dealer told me the headlight assembly must have been bumped and the seal compromised. The cost to fix it is $1,250 plus 2 hours labor and tax. The car is within the time warranty but outside the mileage warranty. He was very clear that GM would not help me with this problem. I guess GM trains their dealers to blame all products that prove defective after the warranty expires on their customers. This is my third Cadillac and I've had more problems with this car than the other two combined. Does anyone know of a better option than to pay the dealer $1,500 to fix a defective part?

You can always go with eBay as long as you stick with the good sellers. You can find OEM used headlights for $100 for halogen
http://m.ebay.com/itm/380596481562?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Or around $275 for HID ones
http://m.ebay.com/itm/121163156075?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

They would be plug and play for whichever trim level you have as they are OEM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

Cadillac Cust Svc
11-08-13, 10:02 AM

Hello Jerry3149121213,

I apologize for the headlight assembly concern you are experiencing. I understand your hesitation for going through with this repair due to the cost. I would still like to review your situation. Please contact me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. Include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the dealer name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Notimpressedowner
12-15-13, 09:12 PM
I bought by 2010 Cadillac SRX used VERY PRICEY still, with apparently too many miles (79,000) on it to where everything that is no longer covered under warranty has gone wrong. 31 days after I purchased this vehicle it went threw 3 batteries that kept needing jumped come to find out the ground wiring was corroded and needed replaced(WONDERFUL). Then the rear axle had a leak (thankfully this was the only thing still covered by warrantly) but really a 2010 having this issue should not be happening. The right headlight has has condensation for 2 weeks and now my headlight is not working, and just the HID bulb is $245?!@?!?!?!?! What the heck?!?! THENNNNNN not only that... but the motor for the headlight appears to be the problem as well, so replacing to bulb did not fix the problem, and who in the heck can afford to have everything replaced at once? May I add that I still owe $29,500 for this vehicle with a $550 payment each month. Of course the headlight is not under warranty and I cannot afford one more issue with this vehicle. I am NOT impressed with Cadillac. It has always been a dream of mine to own one but I will never purchase another and I hope to sell this vehicle soon after I fix everything, for I would not want to throw this mess on anyone else. This has been the worst decision I have ever made in my life. When I contact dealers in the area they are always rude about the car issues and I am tired of being patient and polite when I am not treated with respect in return. I will not recommend ANY Cadillacs to any of my peers or friends. It is sad that such a "Luxury" name is getting such a terrible reputation because of this vehicle. I hate to be this type of person but I guess this is the way you have to be in the world we live in today. Thanks for nothing Cadillac.

'12CTSman
12-15-13, 10:20 PM
I bought by 2010 Cadillac SRX used VERY PRICEY still, with apparently too many miles (79,000) on it to where everything that is no longer covered under warranty has gone wrong. 31 days after I purchased this vehicle it went threw 3 batteries that kept needing jumped come to find out the ground wiring was corroded and needed replaced(WONDERFUL). Then the rear axle had a leak (thankfully this was the only thing still covered by warrantly) but really a 2010 having this issue should not be happening. The right headlight has has condensation for 2 weeks and now my headlight is not working, and just the HID bulb is $245?!@?!?!?!?! What the heck?!?! THENNNNNN not only that... but the motor for the headlight appears to be the problem as well, so replacing to bulb did not fix the problem, and who in the heck can afford to have everything replaced at once? May I add that I still owe $29,500 for this vehicle with a $550 payment each month. Of course the headlight is not under warranty and I cannot afford one more issue with this vehicle. I am NOT impressed with Cadillac. It has always been a dream of mine to own one but I will never purchase another and I hope to sell this vehicle soon after I fix everything, for I would not want to throw this mess on anyone else. This has been the worst decision I have ever made in my life. When I contact dealers in the area they are always rude about the car issues and I am tired of being patient and polite when I am not treated with respect in return. I will not recommend ANY Cadillacs to any of my peers or friends. It is sad that such a "Luxury" name is getting such a terrible reputation because of this vehicle. I hate to be this type of person but I guess this is the way you have to be in the world we live in today. Thanks for nothing Cadillac.

Cadillac is better than lost brands for extending courtesy repairs and/or reduced costs for repairs especially if you bought your used SRX from your local Cadillac dealer. If you bought it from a used car dealership you usually are SOL.

stevec5375
12-17-13, 06:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear about all your problems. If you had known about this forum before you bought the SRX you could have come here and seen all these problems you are having. They have happened to me and fortunately I was still under warranty. A lot of people on this forum claimed they never had problems with the 2010 model but many of them sure jumped ship to a later model year when it became available. Maybe they just like new models all the time. Who knows! But, like you, this is my last Cadillac.

My service adviser told me "I dodged a bullet" with my headlights both going out due to the condensation problem. It would have cost almost $1,000 each to replace them. My warranty runs out in January 2014 and I hope to be out of this car before more problems surface. This car is lipstick on a pig. I don't blame you for selling it and cutting your losses.

Penn149
12-28-13, 02:42 PM
I have a 2010 SRX and it JUST went out of the warranty period and wouldn't you know it...BAM. The passenger HID headlight went out. I replace the bulb, and it didn't work. Now that i'm reading the posts, I see its gonna cost me $$$$$$$ to replace this. And to think, i traded my CTS in for this model........smh.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-31-13, 09:27 AM
I have a 2010 SRX and it JUST went out of the warranty period and wouldn't you know it...BAM. The passenger HID headlight went out. I replace the bulb, and it didn't work. Now that i'm reading the posts, I see its gonna cost me $$$$$$$ to replace this. And to think, i traded my CTS in for this model........smh.

Hello Penn149,

I apologize your passenger HID headlight went out and I understand your concern for the cost of repair when outside of warranty. I would like the opportunity to look into your situation. Although I cannot guarantee cost assistance, we are more than happy to look into any possibilities for you. Please send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Andy_TN
12-31-13, 11:01 PM
Ok folks. Here's a new one....

My wife takes the SRX in today for the final warranty repair list - headlight condensation being one of the items. The service advisor admits that there is a big problem and GM has been replacing a LOT of SRX headlinghts. It's so prevalent that now, supposedly, the service advisors are supposed to convince the customer that the condensation is not unusual and that GM will NOT replace these anymore under warranty....unless it's really bad and you've got a foot of water in the headlight assembly. As my wife is explaining this to me, she and I both a bit shocked that the advisor would openly admit the problem exists AND 'sell out' GM by indicating their position on the issue. I guess he's trying to earn points by being honest! Anyways, the dealer was so busy that we weren't even able to leave the car today so an appointment was made for next week. And while he admitted that he hadn't yet seen how extensive the water is in our headlight, the feeling she got was that they really are going to resist. Obviously, that's not going to be acceptable. I'll be sure and update....

stevec5375
01-01-14, 09:35 AM

My wife takes the SRX in today for the final warranty repair list - headlight condensation being one of the items. The service advisor admits that there is a big problem and GM has been replacing a LOT of SRX headlinghts. It's so prevalent that now, supposedly, the service advisors are supposed to convince the customer that the condensation is not unusual and that GM will NOT replace these anymore under warranty....unless it's really bad and you've got a foot of water in the headlight assembly. As my wife is explaining this to me, she and I both a bit shocked that the advisor would openly admit the problem exists AND 'sell out' GM by indicating their position on the issue. I guess he's trying to earn points by being honest! Anyways, the dealer was so busy that we weren't even able to leave the car today so an appointment was made for next week. And while he admitted that he hadn't yet seen how extensive the water is in our headlight, the feeling she got was that they really are going to resist. Obviously, that's not going to be acceptable. I'll be sure and update....

Andy, sorry for all your troubles. Fortunately I got both of mine replaced. As well as condensation, water was standing in my headlights. However I am totally amazed at your story and would raise hell if they refuse to honor the warranty. Furthermore, what really stinks about this whole thing is that us taxpayers BAIL OUT GM to the tune of several billion dollars and this is the way they treat us when we buy their crappy products.

This is yet another reason why I won't be buying another GM product. Thanks for sharing your story.

WildBillZ28
01-01-14, 12:31 PM
My wife's 2010 SRX Turbo Premium AWD had the right HID Headlight go out in 10/2012, dealer replaced the whole unit under warranty. Last week the Left one went out. The Mileage portion of the warranty has just expired (51,900 miles.) In the past our local service representative has not been very helpful in dealing with these type issues. However, when I went in with this issue, they were very helpful. GM has a Service Bulletin on this issue, therefore they replaced the whole unit under warranty. This is the first time since we purchased this vehicle that I have had a positive experience with the local dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-02-14, 01:24 PM

Hello Andy_TN,

I am sorry to hear of the vehicle concerns you are experiencing. I am more than happy to further discuss your situation and assist you while working with your dealer next week. If you would like my involvement, please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

My wife's 2010 SRX Turbo Premium AWD had the right HID Headlight go out in 10/2012, dealer replaced the whole unit under warranty. Last week the Left one went out. The Mileage portion of the warranty has just expired (51,900 miles.) In the past our local service representative has not been very helpful in dealing with these type issues. However, when I went in with this issue, they were very helpful. GM has a Service Bulletin on this issue, therefore they replaced the whole unit under warranty. This is the first time since we purchased this vehicle that I have had a positive experience with the local dealer.

Thank you for sharing your experience, WildBillZ28. I am glad you had a positive experience while working with your local dealer. I hope you and your wife continue to enjoy her SRX. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

jrose7004
01-17-14, 09:23 PM
I had condensation in my driver side headlight assembly and the service writer told me that it was a common problem. It took a couple of days to get the parts but it was replaced under warranty, no problem. I had a loaner car for the time the car was waiting for parts so I am totally satisfied with GM and my Cadillac Dealer.

stevec5375
01-18-14, 08:26 AM
Based on the fact that I have had BOTH my headlight assemblies replaced under warranty my question is are these new and improved or did they use the same flawed design. If the latter, then I'm assuming that 3-4 years down the road I'll be paying $2K for new ones. Not good.

jrose7004
01-18-14, 09:11 AM
Based on the fact that I have had BOTH my headlight assemblies replaced under warranty my question is are these new and improved or did they use the same flawed design. If the latter, then I'm assuming that 3-4 years down the road I'll be paying $2K for new ones. Not good.
That's a good question.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-20-14, 03:30 PM
I had condensation in my driver side headlight assembly and the service writer told me that it was a common problem. It took a couple of days to get the parts but it was replaced under warranty, no problem. I had a loaner car for the time the car was waiting for parts so I am totally satisfied with GM and my Cadillac Dealer.

Hello jrose7004,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience; we appreciate it. I hope you are still enjoying your SRX! If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us so we can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

pedaniels
01-23-14, 06:30 PM
For a person who grew up in Detroit, with a WWII Dad who would only drive a Cadillac for the last 70 years. I am very disappointed that that my headlight has been out for weeks and I am past my 50K warranty period and I have to pay so much for my right headlight due to a defective part causing condensation requiring a replacement assembly. I don't understand why the recall that was originally given for this headlight problem in the 2010 SRX is still not honored. Dealers are rude and are in no way accommodating, other than telling you how much more you have to pay. I am very disappointed in Cadillac in dealing with this issue.

stevec5375
01-23-14, 06:43 PM
For a person who grew up in Detroit, with a WWII Dad who would only drive a Cadillac for the last 70 years. I am very disappointed that that my headlight has been out for weeks and I am past my 50K warranty period and I have to pay so much for my right headlight due to a defective part causing condensation requiring a replacement assembly. I don't understand why the recall that was originally given for this headlight problem in the 2010 SRX is still not honored. Dealers are rude and are in no way accommodating, other than telling you how much more you have to pay. I am very disappointed in Cadillac in dealing with this issue.

What recall? I've had both of mine replaced under the warranty but I got nothing in the mail about a recall for this issue.

By the way, if you plan on keeping the SRX for a while, get ready for the left one to go out too! From what I can tell, they are using the same FLAWED headlight assembly as a replacement so that a few more years down the road you can be ripped off yet again.

Andy_TN
01-29-14, 02:31 PM
http://images116.fotki.com/v700/photos/4/48510/325829/40412715860266-vi.png
(Photo wasn't even taken when it was at its worst)

Well, finally an update after I was able to go to the dealer myself and discuss with service writer (my wife's DD and she was the one who had been in touch with service guy). Sure enough, despite VIDEO evidence of water/condensation in one of the lights - claim denied. Normal under certain weather conditions is the official wording on the service receipt. In conversation with the service writer, he acknowledges that it's not right and knows it's not normal, but his hands are tied. I pointed out that I just bought the MajorGuard and it does not cover housings - so what happens when my light shorts out in 6 months?? Best he could recommend is to call GM and complain and make sure it's on record that I had this issue before the warranty was up.

Apparently this particular dealer replaced SO MANY housings that when GM came in and "audited" them - they basically didn't pay them for hundreds of thousands of these claims (supposedly). As a result, they're not replacing them anymore unless it's really a LOT of water in there - and every claim needs the service mgr's approval. So, I supposed this is a YMMV situation depending on your dealer. It looks like in this case, we're penalized for going to one of the higher volume Cadillac service departments in the country after everyone else got their housings replaced.

I was a bit disappointed that our friendly Cadillac Customer Service reps had no pull though. Essentially, they say that since the [I]dealer says it's normal for certain weather conditions, there's nothing more we can do. Dealership > corporate, unfortunate.

stevec5375
01-29-14, 06:43 PM
http://images116.fotki.com/v700/photos/4/48510/325829/40412715860266-vi.png
(Photo wasn't even taken when it was at its worst)

Well, finally an update after I was able to go to the dealer myself and discuss with service writer (my wife's DD and she was the one who had been in touch with service guy). Sure enough, despite VIDEO evidence of water/condensation in one of the lights - claim denied. Normal under certain weather conditions is the official wording on the service receipt. In conversation with the service writer, he acknowledges that it's not right and knows it's not normal, but his hands are tied. I pointed out that I just bought the MajorGuard and it does not cover housings - so what happens when my light shorts out in 6 months?? Best he could recommend is to call GM and complain and make sure it's on record that I had this issue before the warranty was up.

Apparently this particular dealer replaced SO MANY housings that when GM came in and "audited" them - they basically didn't pay them for hundreds of thousands of these claims (supposedly). As a result, they're not replacing them anymore unless it's really a LOT of water in there - and every claim needs the service mgr's approval. So, I supposed this is a YMMV situation depending on your dealer. It looks like in this case, we're penalized for going to one of the higher volume Cadillac service departments in the country after everyone else got their housings replaced.

I was a bit disappointed that our friendly Cadillac Customer Service reps had no pull though. Essentially, they say that since the [I]dealer says it's normal for certain weather conditions, there's nothing more we can do. Dealership > corporate, unfortunate.

Yes, there is more you can do. NEVER BUY ANOTHER CADILLAC. This is precisely what I intend to do with all the problem that I've had with mine. I'm sorry you didn't get relief on this. Did they tell you how much it would cost to fix it out of pocket?

Andy_TN
01-30-14, 10:53 AM
You're exactly right Steve - we will "vote with our feet" and certainly won't be owning another Cadillac after this one. In fact, there's even part of me that wants to ditch this car now and get a refund on the MajorGuard (60d to change your mind if you haven't used it), maybe that might raise an eyebrow. For us it comes to down to, at times, incompetent service by our dealer which is just too convenient (2mi away). First it was the who Nav/radio issue, then the TCM which I could never get them to "upgrade," and now the headlight. The other dealer option in town is 35min drive north - not worth it.

As far as out of pocket cost, HAH!, I don't even care because there is no way I'm paying OOP for this repair. We will escalate to all levels if/when this leads to headlight failure. For now, I suppose it remains more of a nuisance.

miamictsv
01-30-14, 11:08 AM
This is what i plan to do as well. Never ever another Cadillac after these 2 that i own. My cts-v had both headlights replaced nad many more issues. Now my wifes 2013 SRX4 is already having all wheel drive issues at 10K. So far the build quality of the Cadillac's i own is on par with my 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse that i owned 20 years ago.

Yes, there is more you can do. NEVER BUY ANOTHER CADILLAC. This is precisely what I intend to do with all the problem that I've had with mine. I'm sorry you didn't get relief on this. Did they tell you how much it would cost to fix it out of pocket?

Tup
01-30-14, 09:30 PM
This is what i plan to do as well. Never ever another Cadillac after these 2 that i own. My cts-v had both headlights replaced nad many more issues. Now my wifes 2013 SRX4 is already having all wheel drive issues at 10K. So far the build quality of the Cadillac's i own is on par with my 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse that i owned 20 years ago.

Hey my first vehicle was a 1990 Eagle Talon....basically an Eclipse. I loved that vehicle... kept it for 8 years. Replaced it with a first model year 1998 Subaru Forester. The Forester was pretty good but had a few issues. That was replaced with a Subaru Tribeca which was the most reliable vehicle we have ever had. Now an SRX.

What issues did you have with the eclipse?

mikelaneysrx
06-23-14, 11:50 PM
When was the original recall for the moisture problem in 2010 Cadillac SRX headlamp assembly issued. Both of mine have condensation in them.
Are dealers still fixing this problem under warranty? I am past the 50,000 mile warranty.

adamjeeps
06-24-14, 12:13 AM
When was the original recall for the moisture problem in 2010 Cadillac SRX headlamp assembly issued. Both of mine have condensation in them.
Are dealers still fixing this problem under warranty? I am past the 50,000 mile warranty.

There has not been a recall. Depends on the mood of the service department as to warranty fix. I'd say your out of luck past 50,000 miles but worst they can do is say no.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-24-14, 09:06 PM

Hi mikelaneysrx,

I can understand how it would be frustrating to deal with condensation in the headlights of your SRX. If you would like to explore your options with the dealership, I can reach out to them on your behalf. Please PM me if you would be interested.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

seedmanfl
06-24-14, 10:30 PM
Is there any way to dry it out?

srxycaddy
06-25-14, 01:26 AM
I recall reading on another forum people sending out their headlights to get "blacked out". They would mail out their headlight assemblies and the guy would heat them up (to soften the glue that holds the lens on to the backing), paint them, and then re-glue them together(supposedly airtight). You may want to google "how to open and paint headlights". Lots of youtube videos. Here is one of many: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT9ci8i5Pk

You may want to try it yourself if your contemplating replacing the headlight anyway. Or if you have a second vehicle you may find someone to do it for you. Good luck.

Rmack
08-03-14, 10:06 AM
Help, I recently purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX (58,000 miles) that appeared in great shape. 2 weeks after having vehicle the left front headlight assembly has condensation in it.So I ran the model looking for recalls and info only to find this headlight assembly has been an on going problem but GM/Cadillac didnt recall it they just sent notices and allowed some fixes depending on dealerships.I purchased from a reputable dealership but it was a nissan dealership, and of course they are no help. I bought because I had several SRX as loaners when having my Saab serviced and that dealership was a Saab/Cadillac Dealer and I loved the vehicle. They had some but theyThis car was the best buy financially I could find and I thought GM/Cadillac has always been a reputable and responsible company. My dad and grandfather always bought Caddy's and always encouraged me to buy them. I'm just getting financially able to purchase a car of this caliber. Now I'm freaked out reading the long list of issues concerning this light assembly and the cost of repair. Can I get any help from Cadillac? Other than buy new and from GM dealers-Any advice?

----------

I'm loooking for cost saving suggestions..Help, I recently purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX (58,000 miles) that appeared in great shape. 2 weeks after having vehicle the left front headlight assembly has condensation in it.So I ran the model looking for recalls and info only to find this headlight assembly has been an on going problem but GM/Cadillac didnt recall it they just sent notices and allowed some fixes depending on dealerships.I purchased from a reputable dealership but it was a nissan dealership, and of course they are no help. I bought because I had several SRX as loaners when having my Saab serviced and that dealership was a Saab/Cadillac Dealer and I loved the vehicle. They had some but theyThis car was the best buy financially I could find and I thought GM/Cadillac has always been a reputable and responsible company. My dad and grandfather always bought Caddy's and always encouraged me to buy them. I'm just getting financially able to purchase a car of this caliber. Now I'm freaked out reading the long list of issues concerning this light assembly and the cost of repair. Can I get any help from Cadillac? Other than buy new and from GM dealers-Any advice?